Favorite Actress Performance in a Negative Role - Page 6

Poll

What is your Favorite Actress Performance in a Negative Role?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sulu82 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Deepti Naval in NH-10 

rickyproctor27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

She seems to be the most popular choice as she's leading the poll and it's been like that since day 1. Only Urmila is a close second which highlights how well-done her performance was and she's who I would probably rank as the best of the bunch in this group. PC and Aish are the only other two with a significant amount of votes.

Kajol tends to always be the queen, whether it's of polls or the box office. Tbh, I'm not as huge a fan of her Gupt performance. She's really only given the last act of the film to make an impression but I guess that's part of why this performance is so remarkable since even with just a few scenes, everyone thinks of her first when they think of Gupt. In that sense, she did succeed in delivering a lasting impression.

Also, that movie and role became iconic for multiple other reasons as well. It was a fad in school/societies if you were able to tell someone "Kajol khooni hai" in Gupt and the kid or person if he/she didn't know, that was a score. People used to count how many such eggs they've burst and show off! I was also a victim and reciprocated by telling my mom and dad before they were leaving for the theatre. I couldn't go as it was an A film back then. They still get angry when the topic comes up.

It was also after DDLJ so very brave of her to do such a role and suspense movies were very rare. So people found it all the more shocking that she could be the one especially when you see the cast of the film.

Yes, a sequel to Kaun would be amazing. Might possibly revive RGV's career as well.

Edited by rickyproctor27 - 5 months ago
FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Thanks for sharing the Hindi trailer! Can you tell me the exact moment where Aish appears? It's quite a long trailer, and I didn't catch her while skimming through it.

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Fantasy Force

All of them were good as villains. Actresses are naturally btihcy and jealous. So all of them were amazing.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: rickyproctor27

Also, that movie and role became iconic for multiple other reasons as well. It was a fad in school/societies if you were able to tell someone "Kajol khooni hai" in Gupt and the kid or person if he/she didn't know, that was a score. People used to count how many such eggs they've burst and show off! I was also a victim and reciprocated by telling my mom and dad before they were leaving for the theatre. I couldn't go as it was an A film back then. They still get angry when the topic comes up.

It was also after DDLJ so very brave of her to do such a role and suspense movies were very rare. So people found it all the more shocking that she could be the one especially when you see the cast of the film.

Yes, a sequel to Kaun would be amazing. Might possibly revive RGV's career as well.

Oh wow, that must have been exciting to go around sharing that info with everyone at the school/college age. I bet it was a big shock to everyone because heroines rarely did roles like these (let alone play killers) and no one would expect that from Kajol especially after DDLJ. That's hilarious that since the film was spoiled to you, you retaliated by telling your parents and spoiling it for them. What's an A film? Is that an age restriction?

I agree, because the wrong role after a film like DDLJ could kill all the momentum of your career. She was indeed very brave to pick this role that completely altered her screen image. I think back to Baazigar and Darr and films where so many established male leads refused because they didn't want to be associated as a killer and be perceived as a negative character who audiences would lack sympathy with. I'm sure that was doubly true for actresses being looked at for Gupt.

Wasn't there some scandal that ended RGV's career?

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Urmila

rickyproctor27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Oh wow, that must have been exciting to go around sharing that info with everyone at the school/college age. I bet it was a big shock to everyone because heroines rarely did roles like these (let alone play killers) and no one would expect that from Kajol especially after DDLJ. That's hilarious that since the film was spoiled to you, you retaliated by telling your parents and spoiling it for them. What's an A film? Is that an age restriction?

Wasn't there some scandal that ended RGV's career?

Yes 'A' meant Adults only. 

I am only aware of this one. Link Below. It hurt both his and the then CMs reputation badly in the immediate aftermath of 26/11 mayhem. Very deservedly so.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/west/story/ram-gopal-varma-taj-hotel-tour-movie-on-26-11-attacks-148773-2011-12-13

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Yes 'A' meant Adults only. 

I am only aware of this one. Link Below. It hurt both his and the then CMs reputation badly in the immediate aftermath of 26/11 mayhem. Very deservedly so.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/west/story/ram-gopal-varma-taj-hotel-tour-movie-on-26-11-attacks-148773-2011-12-13

Ok just wanted to clarify. Here in America, our 18+ rating is called "R" although children are allowed if they have adults with them.

Oh wow, that would explain why the industry so quickly turned their back on him.

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I lovedddd Priyanka in Aitraaz! 

sulu82 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

It reminds me Kyu ho gaya na, there was a comedy scene, in which Aishwarya says to Vivek in anger, 'Saare khun Kajol hi Karti hai" smiley36 when he was watching Gupt.

Talking about RGV, mujhe laga tha ki 'RGV ki Aag' ne uska career end ho gaya. Reason kuch aur hi nikla.

As a friend, Maybe SRK ne Kajol ko negative character accept karne ke liye suggest kiya hoga regarding his experience.