Favorite Actress Performance in a Negative Role - Page 3

Poll

What is your Favorite Actress Performance in a Negative Role?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: Newbird

I never knew about the existence about this movie until I red this post, need to google! smiley36

I watched only 2 movies of her- Jab we met and 3 idiots, liked her in those movies. She looked gorgeous in Ashoka songs, That's about it. I like her in general but have not watched her other movies. 

Similar comment I made here too

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/164555752

Some people might think that I hate kareena based on I called her not suiting Yash but I have always liked her in general.. It is Karishma kapoor I have not liked even though I liked to watch her in one or two songs like mirchi lagi toh song and some other song I don't remember now. 

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Priyanka Chopra in Aitraaz raised the bar and deserves the title

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It's a 'negative character' if it's not well written. Filmfare scrapped the category for a reason. A solid character comes with layers and shades. Cersei Lannister, she's this cold, sinister, genocidal murderer, yet you find yourself feeling for her and even cheering her on. Or someone mentioned Tabu in Haider - I wouldn't even label her as a negative character. Sure, she cheats on her husband with his brother, but then there's this love for his son and the lengths she goes to protect him, sacrificing herself and her lover. Most options here are badly written characters, but the actresses managed to do them justice. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

Sure, she cheats on her husband with his brother, but then there's this love for his son and the lengths she goes to protect him, sacrificing herself and her lover. Most options here are badly written characters, but the actresses managed to do them justice. 

Did the mom cheat ? I thought the mom didn’t even marry the uncle until after the dad’s death ? Is that cheating still ? 

FatalFlaw thumbnail

Though if anyone is into good female characters with some gray areas, check out "Killer Soup" on Netflix. Konkona is absolutely fantastic in it. 

FatalFlaw thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Did the mom cheat ? I thought the mom didn’t even marry the uncle until after the dad’s death ? Is that cheating still ? 

Yeah, now that you bring it up, I believe she only gives in to his flirting well after her husband passes away. Not entirely sure, though. It's been a while since I last saw that movie.

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Newbird

I never knew about the existence about this movie until I red this post, need to google! smiley36

I watched only 2 movies of her- Jab we met and 3 idiots, liked her in those movies. She looked gorgeous in Ashoka songs, That's about it. I like her in general but have not watched her other movies. 

You've got a lot of catching up to do. smiley15

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: fazgostoso

Urmila is the best in villain roles.

Noone compares to her.

Agreed. Wonderful in villain/anti-hero roles like Kaun and Ek Hasina Thi. Also horror films like Bhoot and Naina.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

No-one can come close to Urmi in this movie & Kaun!!! smiley16smiley40 She was absolutely INSANELY SCARY!!! She’s so under-rated, then & now, and whenever I watch her old

Movies I wonder whyyy she doesnt act anymore!!!

Agreed, I was torn between putting her on this list for Kaun or Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya but I picked the latter since it seemed more well known and because she got the nomination for that.

She had an OTT series called Tiwari which was supposed to come out but it got mysteriously cancelled and there's been no word on it since. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Filmistan

Urmila in Kaun. Hands down.

From the list, again, Urmila in PTKK. (Haven't watched Aaina).

I also loved Sridevi in Laadla. She was such a powerhouse.

Re: Kajol

I don't think there's anything wowistic about her performance in Gupt. It was basic cookie-cutter, starry-eyed girl until that twist in the end. It's not her performance per se, but that final twist that was the bomb in the movie. Kajol took all the glory away from Om Puri who had the best characterization in the movie. Criminally underrated.

Agree with you on everything, starting with Urmila and Sridevi. Sridevi's Laadla is my favorite performance of hers.

And I especially agree about Kajol. I'm shocked she's winning especially considering how many people complain about her on here as not being that good of an actress. Maybe people are voting for her because of the twist or Gupt is the main film they remember from this list. She really doesn't have much presence in the film until that final scene which reveals everything but it's not enough imo to take over the film. Especially compared to the other actresses on this list who more or less dominate their films.

As for Aaina, it was one of two Yash Raj Films that Sridevi rejected in 1993, the other being Darr. Juhi had a banner year that year because she replaced Sridevi in both. Amrita Singh plays Sridevi's older, more narcissistic sister whereas Juhi plays the nerdy, "ugly duckling" sister. Both fall in love with Jackie Shroff but you can imagine which sister he prefers. I know Sridevi rejected Darr because she wanted SRK's role so I wonder if she rejected Aaina for the same reason because she probably would have preferred the Amrita Singh role of Roma.