Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 days ago

Originally posted by: mala06

Not undestimating Hanias popularity but her last work MPHT too had good teasers only be very underwhelming in the end. And I just don't  want to make any assumption without watching few episodes. Have been proved wrong many times.

The initial episodes  will indeed get good views but ultimately it will all depend on execution and writing. The major difference though from MPHT is that its from a good writer. I actually don't  mind badar. I enjoy Mein despite its faults.

MPHT was written by JALAN ki writer.  KMKT is written by FARHAT ISHTIQAQ who gave us Humsafar, DeD, YKS, Udaari. Even bad FI is better than some writer's bests. If there is anything I can be assured about KMKT is that the script will not suck. My only concern is that it doesn't turn out to be a Saathiya or an urban contemporary love story that maybe new for PTV but those who watch OTT content will find this done to death before. In any case, the writing will be good.

Hania's popularity will pull in int'l viewers but Fahad is not some unknown random. He is up there with the likes of Humayun and Fawad. This isFahad's comeback after 10 years. When Fahad does Jeet Pakistan every year in ramadan, he EATS other shows in terms of ratings. So at least, in Pakistan, he is very popular. That alone should get KMKT a lot of eyeballs. There are akso not too many useless side cktrs so focus will be on leads + FI writes romance very well - all these are pluses for today's audiences. Plus they have been promoting it a lot so audience awareness is there.

These factors mean the hit potential for KMKT is very high and these should give them high opening #s, What happens later will depend on content and whether neutral audiences get hooked. THe combo of FI and Fahad gives me hope that this is going to be gr8.

Edited by hypnotoad - 7 days ago
Tiara-p thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

I have a good feeling about the show after seeing teaser 4 and 5 and I think there is going to be separation as well bcs their main ost is still to be used which seemed to be a very painful one where both complaining as to why he/ she left the other one without any fault,so i am thinking another teaser coming up with the actual crux of the story 

Tiara-p thumbnail

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

MPHT was written by JALAN ki writer.  KMKT is written by FARHAT ISHTIQAQ who gave us Humsafar, DeD, YKS, Udaari. Even bad FI is better than some writer's bests. If there is anything I can be assured about KMKT is that the script will not suck. My only concern is that it doesn't turn out to be a Saathiya or an urban contemporary love story that maybe new for PTV but those who watch OTT content will find this done to death before. In any case, the writing will be good.

Hania's popularity will pull in int'l viewers but Fahad is not some unknown random. He is up there with the likes of Humayun and Fawad. This isFahad's comeback after 10 years. When Fahad does Jeet Pakistan every year in ramadan, he EATS other shows in terms of ratings. So at least, in Pakistan, he is very popular. That alone should get KMKT a lot of eyeballs. There are akso not too many useless side cktrs so focus will be on leads + FI writes romance very well - all these are pluses for today's audiences. Plus they have been promoting it a lot so audience awareness is there.

These factors mean the hit potential for KMKT is very high and these should give them high opening #s, What happens later will depend on content and whether neutral audiences get hooked. THe combo of FI and Fahad gives me hope that this is going to be gr8.

MPHT was garbage and only the 1st teaser of mpht was good which was completely different from the drama,the other teasers were absolute dud ,ppl I would say went for the watch for the 1 st teaser and got heavily fooled by the drama.The real teasers of mpht never looked interesting enough.But here all the teasers have something to give,the dialogues i am liking,the execution I have to see the drama to comment on that .I trust FI,she is an amazing writer,so I have full trust on her script and I don’t think here Badar was able to introduce track as per his whims which he did in mein by making a 2nd marriage which was not actually in the script,bcs one there is Fahad,he won’t be wasting his comeback.Badar said in the hello iv,that during one reading of the script Fahad actually looked pretty interested and went for doing it himself,so i don’t think the script is any dull.
Tiara-p thumbnail

In teaser 5,where both of them fighting about the mess of the room,that was a flashback which Mustafa was seeing bcs cut to that scene you will see Mustafa standing infront of a mirror and all his clothes are kept tidily.So i think the story will start while showing them separated and the marriage part will be shown in flashbacks.

Edited by Tiara-p - 7 days ago
anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Legendary Lovers

Happy Birthday To Fahad Mustafa He Turned 41 Recently 

https://x.com/fahadsarmy/status/1805704271394226485?t=-1Z6tNs0P3Unlrfr42gAOg&s=19

Fahad is top tier in PTV. But YT is entirely different ball game especially now. New YT audience doesn’t know Humayun or Fahad Mustafa. Fawad is a different league even if you compare with Humayun/ Fahad because most people in India know Fawad Khan as the OG..followed by YT popularity of Danish/Feroze/Wahaj/Bilal …I don’t think a lot of people are aware of  Humayun and Fahad outside Pakistan ATM especially the current new gen watching PTV on YT in terms of objective comparison who bring in double digit in million views..There is no doubt they are the biggest stars in Pak glam industry because their movies rake in a lot of money, they are top tier producers ..but YT dollar game - Hania is the bigger face here as far as YT goes. Sure TV trps will be driven by Humayun/  Fahad in their respective shows..but YT atleast initial pull will be because the teasers clicked or not and because Hania..
anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Legendary Lovers

Farhat has wrote Humsafar and yeh dil mera so no hopes i wish the writer for this drama is Parisa Siddiqui 

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Maxy smiley31 Missed you....it's already been a month to JeJ! 

I am so excited for this, it might start on 2nd July as that slot is empty. 

As khaq mentioned the promotion for this show has been really extensive. They play the ad before and after each ARY show/promo. And Hania posts each new teaser on her insta.  So there is massive interest already in this show. 

I loved the what a loser bgm for Fahad but the main OST hasn't really clicked with me. I wish they bring out a second OST as IM did, OSTs really help in reels and circulation. 

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Blockbuster Buffs

Yeah. Like I said on paper the show actually looks good. Infact Diyar-e-dil and YKS are my all time fav show. I don't like Mere Humsafar though.

But, I have been too disappointed by many signature projects I want to judge project after watching the episode itself. 

I do have doubt about Fahads popularity though. Unless you follow pak dramas you will not know about him. If it was Bilal it was sureshot hit. But, for now all the pulling of audience, online should be done by hania. Fahad might bring the trp though since he is still active in the show he hosts. So people still know him. 

KhaqONeal thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I miss the days of yore when PTV just catered for PTV audience...and there was no so called "global audience"...