Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

You come across as a giving person, which is wonderful, but some people just take, take and take and often forget to ask whether you need help too.

This book is on my TBR:

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/60706850

I don't know if you have read it already, but you can decide after reading reviews whether you want to read it or not.

I am glad you are going to focus on yourself, your career and dream. On flights we get told to put our oxygen mask first before helping others. By making the choice to focus on yourself you can reach a point in your life of success, where you are in a position to be able to do more to help a lot of people.

Bold Part, thank you for sharing and it is so true. I never thought of it that way. Being the only girl in the family, people expect you as a superwoman and gives you so many responsibilities without thinking that that superwoman also do get tired just like superman. I will remember this quote of yours when i will be doubting my journing. Thank you for sharing the book as well. This is what I need, boundaries. Not just with the family but with everyone. Maybe somewhere I also need to change how i present myself. This year I felt Burnout. But making plans to release the stress. One of my therapist said you want to fix people and just know you can only help them. And when you see that you are not able to fix them, it puts you down. Just help people and let them find themselves and that's all you can do. I need to invest in ready boundaries, thank you for sharingsmiley31

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

Bold Part, thank you for sharing and it is so true. I never thought of it that way. Being the only girl in the family, people expect you as a superwoman and gives you so many responsibilities without thinking that that superwoman also do get tired just like superman. I will remember this quote of yours when i will be doubting my journing. Thank you for sharing the book as well. This is what I need, boundaries. Not just with the family but with everyone. Maybe somewhere I also need to change how i present myself. This year I felt Burnout. But making plans to release the stress. One of my therapist said you want to fix people and just know you can only help them. And when you see that you are not able to fix them, it puts you down. Just help people and let them find themselves and that's all you can do. I need to invest in ready boundaries, thank you for sharingsmiley31

You're welcome!smiley31 I hope it helps. As women we are expected to give a lot. I wanted to share an interview that I watched over the summer and if there is any part that I can recommend to watch it is from 42:00 to 55:00. I love Katherine Heigl and their convo. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ30Hl1UOaw&ab_channel=Variety

Edited by Petrichor80 - 6 months ago
Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

You're welcome!smiley31 I hope it helps. As women we are expected to give a lot. I wanted to share an interview that I watched over the summer and if there is any part that I can recommend to watch it is from 42:00 to 55:00. I love Katherine Heigl and their convo. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ30Hl1UOaw&ab_channel=Variety

Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed watching both and i agree with their points they make. And such a good point Ellen made which was either you are a good person or villian. And it's okay if not everyone like you.

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

Health, mental & physical both.

Minimalistic approach in life.

Live & let live.

Simple living & minimal thinking.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hakuna_Matata11

Health, mental & physical both.

Minimalistic approach in life.

Live & let live.

Simple living & minimal thinking.

A minimalist lifestyle pushes us to get rid of clutter from our lives so that we may concentrate on our goals and the things that are truly important for us—in our relationships, homes, schedules, and minds.

Similarly, the decision to live a minimalistic existence and still find fulfillment is a reflection of one's personality/ philosophy. A praiseworthy personality trait. smiley27

Jashangrewal28 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I Also never Take Resolutions but this Time i have to As Closure Is vry bad compare to others which I get This year I lost a f friend to whome I met This December online We get Close instantly As Our circumstances were same she was Really Sweet but i lost her friendship and Mistake Was mine nd it left big impact on me 

So this year i am taking the resolution Never Being Too much Caring with a Casual Person and Just Do not get attached Emotionally With someone so instantly (possesive tou honaich nhi hai) i am taking This Resolution also so i can Take These things seriously rest of life....smiley1

Edited by Jashangrewal28 - 6 months ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Every time, the beginning of a new year makes us feel rejuvenated or even just a little bit refreshed! Let us  think about prioritizing our psychological well-being in 2024. 

It's a good idea to think about your goals for the rest of the year at the beginning. But we must remember that, at the end of the year, we must take the triumphs and trivialities to our stride! 

In fact, life is a continuous process of learning and moving forward! 

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It was nice reading everybody's new year's resolutions, hope you can keep all your resolutions.

I don't make any new year resolutions, for me, the best time is now, why wait till new year to make decisions that will bring about a good and positive change in your life ?

Nichuss thumbnail

i would like to walk more this year

try to reduce my weight

learn new technologies

learn to handle both work and personal life in balance

minakrish thumbnail

No resolutions this year. I’m never able to follow through.smiley37