Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DiamondLife thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: Rosyme

I want to come within top 10 in next year s ipl predictions....

You will definitely smiley4

Have some statistics ready of last year..

Fill out for every game...you will be there ....for sure 

Best wishes to you smiley27

I also want to come in top three smiley36

DiamondLife thumbnail

I appreciate all friends thoughts..even not New Year Resolutions...but share - what positivity you want in upcoming year from your past experiences...that will be great. It will help others too in contemplating and at least try it few times..It also helps us to be cautious...

There is a saying - even if we do for few times, we are already creating that traits, capacity within us and when the time or situation strikes, we are able to invoke that capacity/power within and face the situation/challenge...

But if we don't do or try at all then it will be very tough to try first time during sudden challenges in our lives. 

Little little change can make wonders!!! 

We can increase our inner powers...smiley10

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I am not into new year resolutions, but I like to set goals be it personal, career, health, financial. It doesn't have to be perfect. Every year you can't get to everything, but you can come so close to it and whatever you didn't get to, if it is that important to you, then you will make it happen the following year. 

Petrichor80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiamondLife

I appreciate all friends thoughts..even not New Year Resolutions...but share - what positivity you want in upcoming year from your past experiences...that will be great. It will help others too in contemplating and at least try it few times..It also helps us to be cautious...

There is a saying - even if we do for few times, we are already creating that traits, capacity within us and when the time or situation strikes, we are able to invoke that capacity/power within and face the situation/challenge...

But if we don't do or try at all then it will be very tough to try first time during sudden challenges in our lives. 

Little little change can make wonders!!! 

We can increase our inner powers...smiley10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhkkCRqQ3ec&ab_channel=TheArtofImprovement

I think about this concept a lot, and to be mindful of the content I consume.

Edited by Petrichor80 - 6 months ago
Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Each year I make resolutions and each time I fail, because I am available for people around me rather than person within me. I know what changes I need to bring and how I can achieve it. All my life I have been available for my family and friends and it has become a pattern to be there for others, invest in others, worry for others, making sure they are doing good, relaxing their anxiety. I do understand people come to me because I have taken psychology classes and they feel easy to chat with me. But this year I realized that a lot of people took me for granted and that is not a good feeling. 2023 is the year I realized I need to focus on myself and make myself top priority. I have lost weight 3 times which was over 50 pounds but I tend to gain back due to stress. 

Things I like to focus is:

• Good but quality type of friends, focus of positivity

• Good and nutrient food(don’t focus on the scale)

• Happy and healthy thoughts, end your day with positive thought.

• Accept the past and work on present

• Keep track on my blood work

• Start journaling and try to let go of unhealthy habits that is not working 

• Meditate (I listen to Abraham Hicks)

• Believe in your magic, Be confident and never settle for less. 

• Your day should be surrounded by smiles, joy and laughter.

• Be the Author of your book

• Write down your bad days or moments and work it out.

• Travel, dine with yourself, lots of walks and hiking with my dog.

• Be grateful and ask God for clarity and guidance. Be happy from heart.

2023 was the year where my mother was admitted in ICU for 4 days and i didn't had much support. So it was very scary. I felt it changed me and i need to go back and focus on my career and dream. Work on what makes me happy and what my passion is. 

Sutapasima thumbnail

Everyday when I rise in the morning , I make resolutions for the next two days . I don’t believe in once in a year resolutions, coinciding with the our planet coming in a certain position wrt our star . Thanks for this thread . 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

Each year I make resolutions and each time I fail, because I am available for people around me rather than person within me. I know what changes I need to bring and how I can achieve it. All my life I have been available for my family and friends and it has become a pattern to be there for others, invest in others, worry for others, making sure they are doing good, relaxing their anxiety. I do understand people come to me because I have taken psychology classes and they feel easy to chat with me. But this year I realized that a lot of people took me for granted and that is not a good feeling. 2023 is the year I realized I need to focus on myself and make myself top priority. I have lost weight 3 times which was over 50 pounds but I tend to gain back due to stress. 

2023 was the year where my mother was admitted in ICU for 4 days and i didn't had much support. So it was very scary. I felt it changed me and i need to go back and focus on my career and dream. Work on what makes me happy and what my passion is. 

I hope your mom is doing fine and is fully recovered  by now. smiley27

Your post reflects your praiseworthy personality, the person who works for other's benefit, by putting your own interests aside. 

What's even more admirable is that you've finally chosen to live for yourself, which will define you as an achiever. 

Your resolutions are in fact looking like guidelines for us. 

Excellent post.

Edited by Viswasruti - 6 months ago
JayaBachan thumbnail

My New Year resolution is to warm people’s heart towards Jaya Bachan. 2024 is all about showing the world that behind her cranky exterior lives a woman with a heart filled with love and joy. ❤️

Petrichor80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

You come across as a giving person, which is wonderful, but some people just take, take and take and often forget to ask whether you need help too.

This book is on my TBR:

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/60706850

I don't know if you have read it already, but you can decide after reading reviews whether you want to read it or not.

I am glad you are going to focus on yourself, your career and dream. On flights we get told to put our oxygen mask first before helping others. By making the choice to focus on yourself you can reach a point in your life of success, where you are in a position to be able to do more to help a lot of people.

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

I hope your mom is doing fine and is fully recovered  by now. smiley27

Your post reflects your praiseworthy personality, the person who works for other's benefit, by putting your own interests aside. 

What's even more admirable is that you've finally chosen to live for yourself, which will define you as an achiever. 

Your resolutions are in fact looking like guidelines for us. 

Excellent post.

Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to me. My mom is doing alot better, it makes me happy that I was there for her recovery and she has healing and continue to do so.