Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 months ago

I have not watched any of Vijay's movies besides Jawaan. I am not even sure about his stardom, etc. 

And it is still very obvious, without all this baggage, that Katrina is being Kat in the movie - I just do not see any improvement, except that her face looks a bit older than before. 

language issue is there on both side, but emoting wise, when they are both side by side, you can see a dozen emotions on Vijay's face while Kat continues to be the same wooden, expressionless beauty. finding the comments bizarre

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Did I watch some other trailer in some other universe?

How are folks finding KAT's flat acting better than Vijays?

Ya toh main pagal hoon, ya toh sab pagal ho Gaye Hain 

Thank you!!!!

Edited by cherry_fan - 4 months ago
SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Vijay sethupathi isn’t a superstar. But He is an excellent actor. Hindi isn’t his native language that is why his hindi accent isn’t good. But his characters are also not native. So its not a big issue 

greenletters thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It is a bit sad or ironic that Katrina gets praised when her acting is slightly better than what people are used to. I guess it takes 20 years to improve in that as well as take the language seriously. smiley29 

What I also find odd is that people harp on other actors but somehow Kat still gets a pass for being subpar at best. Zero was just an okay performance and she wasn't even given a challenging role, yet somehow everyone hyped her up to no end. (Same goes for other roles which require her to pretty much play herself). Vijay isn't terrible but I don't imagine he would sound good in Hindi compared to Tamil, and I think the Tamil trailer proved that for me. 

Anyway, the bar is so low for bw actors/actresses (and somehow Katrina has been given multiple chances) that I'm not even surprised mediocrity gets a chance to try (I'm looking at you Jhanvi-especially).

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

You gotta have some acting know-how to overshadow the other actor, I guess.smiley36

Someone brought up Jaideep instead of Vijay, and honestly, I'm thinking, why not swap Katrina for Kareena too? Kareena and Jaideep would've been a killer combo! 🔥

only if jaane jaan never existed..or else seeing them in another movie after 3 months..it kills the freshness..i am glad experiments are being done with pairing..kareena-jaideep and now katrina-vijay..bring such novelty and freshness..years ago no one would even think of these pairing on screen..so kudos to that

blahhhh thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wow you would expect this forum to be against hindi imposition...par yaha toh..smiley36

Hindi isnt his language,he doesn't reside in any hindi speaking state,if he were then he would have improved lot more than whatever improvement she has shown till now.

I saw him in Vikram Vedra,he was too good.

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Katrina was much better in the trailer, I think everyone agrees. Vijay might be a better actor, no idea as I haven't seen his films.. but the language barrier is very distracting. At least with Kat she was always good-looking so the language barrier she previously had could be ignored.. but Vijay is not even that.  

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: PardesiBabu

After overshadowing Ranbir in Ajab Prem n Jagga, Aamir in Thug, SRK in Zero, Salman in  Bharat, TZH, Tiger 3, 

Katrina Kaif overshadows Vijay Sethupati

Everyone knows that Katrina is a limited and mediocre actor. Except for action - she is the best female action hero we have. 

So, I totally thought you were being facetious and tongue-in-cheek about Katrina's acting prowess. But damn, these movies that you mention are ones where she surprisingly overshadows a much more established and popular hero. And it's not really great acting - but a combination of charisma, charm, chemistry, and ease of presence. In TOH and Zero both Aamir and Shahrukh respectively, were trying too hard to be a unique character and it fizzled. Katrina on the other hand is self-aware that she cannot pull off too complex of a character and sticks to basics overshadowing them. 

Even in this trailer, she's just so effortless - there's natural chemistry. Katrina could probably romance a slice of bread and make it seem effortless. 

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Vijay Sethupathi is like Manoj bajpeyi or Shahid kinda. I have seen many of his movies and I hope he get success in this movie too.