If You Cant Come To Theatres - Get Out! - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 months ago

Aa jayenge theatre mein hum, get out kaahe kar rahe ho bey?

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

It's right in terms of stardom and exposure. The big screen experience and appeal is captivating and enamoring. For any actor it is the goal to have a release in the theatre. It's what determines the being of an actor. 

Many yester years super stars have said that the ultimate experience is seeing yourself on the big screen. Nothing compares to it. 

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Inka to kuch nahi jayega, producer barbaad ho jayegasmiley36

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I get what you are trying to say, but it doesn't make sense anymore during OTT times. You literally have Netflix and prime and apple financing movies for OTT only release as exclusive content. Why wouldnt artists cash on it .. especially for content which is not going to have a wider target audience. Way cheaper than going through the whole production, post production, distribution and promotion of a theatrical release. 

And honestly, this is probably the production house ka decision more than the actors themselves. They might be nepo kids but I highly doubt they have any bargaining power when it comes to OTT vs Theatrical decision. 

Im

I think at max they only can make the call if they wanna act in an OTT release or no, and relavant rehne ke liye, movie ki story dekh ke (Bawaal, kuch bhi keh lo, seemed like a good movie, on paper, same with Ae Watan) yaa phir they believe in the director/producer. Jennifer Winget (sorry for bringing her up and agar abhi yahaan JW vs KSG fight hua toh sorry mods) reportedly refused to take Beyhadh 2 to OTT and I think she was an executive producer or something, I think that's only when they can make those calls.

These movies wouldn't have worked in theater not because of the actor (contributing factor hai, but not that much) but because of the story. I honestly don't think Qala or even Bulbull would have worked (even though horror and horro comedies were a thing, people realized Bulbull and it's deeper meanings much later, but it would have gotten a good WOM) Pippa would have worked, I think, just like Raazi did.

Suhana I feel could have easily gotten her debut via some theatrical movie. Now that I think of it, instead of casting the girl from Family Man as Kali's daughter, they could have gone for Suhana too, or Suhana could have been on the girl team, but Ig they believe that Zoya's project will be a better launch, because, no matter how much she gaslights off screen, onscreen she and Reema are great at their jobs.

Edited by oh_nakhrewaali - 6 months ago