BB17 - Munawar v Vikki

1275456 thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

Contrary to popular belief, I don’t think BB exposed Vikki’s game to degrade him - it was rather done to create interesting dynamics in the house, and I feel BB succeeded in doing so. Vikki is coming out stronger after the WKV, gaining more and more organic support (as opposed to Ankita fan support).

Now as for Vikki vs Munawar, lets take a step back and look at both as individual contestants.

a) Vikki - relatively unknown contestant, owed most of his existing ‘fanbase’ to Ankita. He came into the house with 0 fanbase (he alluded to that in today’s episode). However, super smart and cunning personality, and has a great way with words. He knew from day one that the only way to get support inside and outside the house is through playing a game. If he can gain enough organic support (doesn’t have to be more than others), he has a real shot as he will get some support from Ankita fanbase + has money to have paid campaigns. He has no choice but to play from day 1, and what does he do? He plays from day one, he plays openly because that gets him footage. He is reaping the rewards now.

b) Munawar - relatively known personality and a strong existing fanbase (strongest this season). Won a very similar game show not too long ago. Does he need to play an open game from day one? No, because he can afford to rely on his fanbase to get him through the first 3/4th of the season even if he plays on the back foot. He recognises that Mannara is one who will get preferential treatment so he tags himself to her, ignoring everything she does, because that gets him enough footage to stay relevant. He doesn’t need to show his cards early into the game, which also allows him to stay on good terms with everyone inside the house. He never gets nominated, why? Because he has support inside the house. Even Arun and Tehelka, who are often seen bitching about his game, go to him when they need to discuss something (seen enough on LF). He can afford the leeway because of his existing fanbase. Now that’s a privilege that only few in the house have (rider, Ankita, Munawar, Aish) but he is the one who is making best use of it - he hasn’t shown his cards yet and also has the unanimous respect inside the house.

As for people who say that Munawar isn’t smart or whatever. Do you really think a person, who in his very first meeting with Orry, can decode that the way to win the task is through papz (no one else did, so called smart ppl like rider, Vikki, Neil) is incapable of playing a game? or a person who knew how to use Ankita’s self-righteous nature to his advantage in that coffee chori fiasco? or a person who Ankita trusts more than his own husband? Munawar is a proper game player, I won’t be surprised if he read each and every person before entering and has a gameplan for everyone. He doesn’t have to play on the front foot because that wouldn’t serve him well. He can wait until only 8-9 people are left in the house to play his game.

As for Munawar vs Vikki, that will inevitably happen. Why? Because two masterminds cannot co-exist. Munawar was able sow seeds of doubt in Ankita’s head about Vikki. He recognises Vikki as a threat (and vice versa) but they know going against each other so early isn’t gonna serve either. So they wait, and they wait, until it is time to unleash!

Share your thoughts!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Good post.

I think this is one of those potential iconic rivalries which most of the people are waiting for this season including the host, makers and the audience. They want two Masterminds to go against each other.

I think, Munawar and Vicky's rivalry will happen but it will be planned by both of them ( because both are gamers and by this time would be knowing that BB wants them to fight). It can't be organic in my opinion because they both seem to have certain level of respect for each other and they genuinely bond well. Something really ugly between them can make them loggerheads but they are so similar in game play ki bahut mushkil hai. Let's see.

1275456 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Renee.Clare

Good post.

I think this is one of those potential iconic rivalries which most of the people are waiting for this season including the host, makers and the audience. They want two Masterminds to go against each other.

I think, Munawar and Vicky's rivalry will happen but it will be planned by both of them ( because both are gamers and by this time would be knowing that BB wants them to fight). It can't be organic in my opinion because they both seem to have certain level of respect for each other and they genuinely bond well. Something really ugly between them can make them loggerheads but they are so similar in game play ki bahut mushkil hai. Let's see.

Eventually they will have to go after each other because there is no other way. If it was Vikki alone (w/o Ankita) I am sure there would have been no need for both of them to go against each other. They have respect for each other and genuinely enjoy each other’s company. It eventually comes down to the fact that very few in the house are at the same level intellectually and you need someone you can talk to. In that case they would have stood together and one of them would have won.

But with Ankita in the equation things change. Ankita has a realistic chance of beating Munna so Vikki has to adjust his game accordingly. They will have a showdown but it will be in the latter half of the season, maybe close to 10th week onwards!

Antaramantara thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

From what I have understand till now that munawar has definitely understood BB narrative that he has to go against ankita and support manara otherwise BB will destroy or expose his game like they did with vicky. BB's problem with vicky was not that he was playing games. BB's problem was that he was not including ankita and ankita was not getting chance to shine because of Vicky's game. BB never had problem with mastermind type of players till they are not overshining their chosen one. Vikas never overshadowed Shilpa vs hina rivalry while in S15 Vishal overshadowed Karan n teja game wise. So, munawar has no options except choosing side of manara. But, I also feel that munawar has also understood mannara's nature. He will play his game but he will not blindly support manara as a furniture. He will use manara to go against ankita on those points where he feel ankita is wrong, not on every topic. His trusted people are different which are currently not in open like rinku. He is playing really subtle manipulative game unlike vicky who is all out. And, it comes to number, then it will be clear who's going to lead....

Edited by Antaramantara - 10 months ago
astrisa thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.