rouble_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Why are NRI stereotyped and shown to be so evil and petty?? Jay’s mom saying she only eats sautéed vegetables and grilled chicken, alkaline water, etc. that’s so lame!! No NRI does that, I’m sure there are exceptions. But being an NRI myself, I love our desi food!! I was born an brought up in India but moved to U.S. as a young teen. We are DEFINITELY NOT like how we are portrayed in Indian shows or movies!! These writers I tell you!! Need to get out of their books and actually do REAL WORLD research before sketching characters!!! 😤😤😠😠

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Most NRIs are very well behaved. My own mother is one. But I do remember some NRI aunties throwing tantrums at family occasions during the 80s. They were constantly requesting cutlery and making a fuss.The women of the family hosting the party were exhausted after getting up at dawn and making all the dishes themselves. Why would you need fancy cutlery for eating rice? And these ladies were all born and brought up in India. They all went abroad post marriage.

Rsrockz thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

True the behaviour is clichéd only for the NRIs in serials and movies, us real NRIs had to literally work our backs off to pay the bills and mortgagessmiley37

Originally posted by: rouble_lover

Why are NRI stereotyped and shown to be so evil and petty?? Jay’s mom saying she only eats sautéed vegetables and grilled chicken, alkaline water, etc. that’s so lame!! No NRI does that, I’m sure there are exceptions. But being an NRI myself, I love our desi food!! I was born an brought up in India but moved to U.S. as a young teen. We are DEFINITELY NOT like how we are portrayed in Indian shows or movies!! These writers I tell you!! Need to get out of their books and actually do REAL WORLD research before sketching characters!!! 😤😤😠😠

Rsrockz thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

I agree staying out of India causes compromised immunity, makes more conscious about meals and portions. But alkaline water, sautéed veggies 😞 sorry I make daal, roti, chawal, sabzi 3 times a day even on a freezing Monday morningsmiley19

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Most NRIs are very well behaved. My own mother is one. But I do remember some NRI aunties throwing tantrums at family occasions during the 80s. They were constantly requesting cutlery and making a fuss.The women of the family hosting the party were exhausted after getting up at dawn and making all the dishes themselves. Why would you need fancy cutlery for eating rice? And these ladies were all born and brought up in India. They all went abroad post marriage.

Edited by Rsrockz - 4 months ago