Actual Problems with current track

Tenochtitlan thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Current track and previous tracks are plagued with same problem - Lack of Clarity and Lack of important Details and thoughts on screen. I wrote a very long article for previous track as well.

Drama isn't the problem. Problem is lack of clarity and display of thought process on screen. And, this is something which should be addressed by directors/screenwriters(Teleplayers). Writers write a line "Teji sobs and become emotional"  But, how much emotional, how much sobbing is there, its director's call . Writers have made their own share of blunders but, direction also took a major hit. Ravi Bhushan the main director of this show and he was there till episode 205. And, show became nonsensical from episode 205 itself.

Episode 205, was the beginning of nonsense. When Teji and Maaya realised what Viaan did with Katha, they showed no remorse or anything and they were well wishers of Viaan and wanted to reveal misdeeds of their son which will harm his reputation only and there was no twice thinking. 

In the beginning, we knew Viaan's exact thought process behind proposing the ONS offer and honestly if his thought process wasn't cleared at time of ONS, this story would have been unbearable. They took 4 episodes just for clearing out thought process behind it just for an activity which took like 3 mins of screenspace. Thoughts and perspectives of both Katha and Viaan were clarified. But, we didn't get clarity for Maya and Teji's thought process until the day of Katha and Maya confrontation, where we realize Maya can't tolerate a non-Raghuvanshi to take over even an inch of Raghuvanshi Empire. It is a valid reason for a Villian. But, this reasoning/ego was never expressed by Maya and Teji. All of a sudden, it was thrown in the confrontation scene which felt unreal and superficial. Till then we had to literally bear their illogical moves which sabotaged Viaan in order to save Viaan. Those who were unable to Bear, left the show. 

After that, Leap comes. I will still say post leap Katha's action make sense to me mostly and are logical even if it doesn't mean everyone's happiness but, it required a lot of patchwork from the limited information displayed on screen for it to make sense. But, there is lack of clarity over most of her moves. Such as:

• It is still unclear what Katha did to console Aarav. What Aarav means by the word hurt. There should have been some conversation between Katha and Aarav. Or there should have been a scene where Aarav is just silent, in shock, not speaking anything that's why Katha was unable to console him. But, in all flashbacks, he was but, Falguni Ben said Aarav toh bolta bhi nahi tha ekdum shant rehta tha. So, what should I believe in? I give benefit of doubt here. Here, to understand hurt,  One needs to consider child's perspective which is obvious because Aarav is a child. Let's assume Viaan slapped Katha. This might seem wrong to any grown adult but, for a child, it will be unforgivable sin. Also, Aarav from his perspective lost his grandparents, his Robin and knows Robin has badly hurt Katha which propelled Yuvraaj and Kailash to kill Viaan and led to all the violence. Here, I assume a conversation between Katha and Aarav. K : Viaan didn't hurt me, its all a lie . A: You are lying why did Dadaji tried to kill him? Why did Robin say he hurt you what did he do?. Combining Aarav's intellect with it, it is easy to see it was not easy to convince him. 
  • It is still unclear what Katha did for Viaan when he was in jail to get him out. She can decide to part himself from him but, atleast try something to get him out or ask Ehsan to get him out. Or, ask Grewals to take their case back. Something had to be shown. We don't know why Viaan spent 3 months extra in jail when everything was normal between Katha and Grewals from 5th month. She could have asked Yuvraaj to take his case back. Or they could have shown that case can't be taken back when a lower court has already given a verdict and Viaan needs to appeal in the higher court which takes time. At this point, I can conclude Katha did nothing to get Viaan out of the jail. Even if she doesn't want to live with Viaan but, Viaan doesn't deserve unnecessary jail time.  Some courtroom drama was also required or something similar to that. Here again, I give her benefit of doubt and make an argument in her favour because it was shown how she tried to defend Viaan and negotiated with Lawyer. So, I can assume she did contact Ehsan off screen because he was in touch with Katha and knew about her condition. 
  • What was Katha's reaction to Grewals when it was also Yuvraaj's fault for the gunshot which hit PapaG?  Honestly some hospital drama was required, with Kailash in hospital, Yuvraaj on the outside scapegoating Viaan for all everything then, Katha shows him the mirror how his impulsiveness was the reason for the gunshot not Viaan alone. Instead of that, we have a small convo post leap where Yuvraaj said "Tumne bhi toh mujhe maaf kiya jo shaadi mein hua uske baad" . What to conclude? He beat Viaan in marriage he was forgiven for that or, he was forgiven for being impulsive which caused the gunshot and eventually, heart attack of PapaG. I give her benefit of doubt and assume she broke ties with them after gunshot and reconciled with them after some months were passed because Yuvraaj helped her find a good psychiatrist for Aarav.

These three things required immediate clarity post leap or preleap but, these hot questions were never answered properly and audience's irritation rose. And there was very limited information or detail to conclude anything. Only a small portion of audience who is heavily invested in this show will invest their time to conclude and think about things rest will conclude from what they observe and what is most apparent. 

I still remember the amount of attention to details and clarity makers used to focus on. 

• In the beginning, They paid heavy attention to make all perspectives and thought process clear during ONS track. 
  • After that, We saw how Viaan's conviction regarding Katha being a gold digger broke slowly.
  • Then, they ran a parallel between Kailash's redemption and Viaan's redemption which added clarity.
  • During Shamita's track we saw three phases of Katha. Biased towards Shamita, Neutral phase, Mostly Neutral but slightly biased towards Viaan. Shamita's track even though 3 days, ran for like 15-20 episodes and a lot of aspects were explored. Katha's stand on ONS, Viaan's repentance for his misdeeds (ONS+making her life hell 4 some time after ONS) Without Shamita's track, Viaan wouldn't have been redeemed this quick. Clearly Viaan was ready to take a punishment he didn't deserve to redeem for a crime he committed which redeemed him.
  • During Vaanya-Seema track, they ran Sumit's parents story in parallel - how everything is sorted even after divorce. How divorce with compromise can be beneficial instead of living in loveless marriage forever. On the other hand, unnecessarily dragging the loveless marriage can be detrimental to child in the long run.
  • And, the list goes on. And, it will be a very long list I realized as I was typing.

Now, all these details are missing. Honestly, missing since episode 205. Abrupt absence of Ravi Bhushan is the reason. Channel interference is the reason, No Idea. Attention to detail and clarity was the main thing which kept the story intact. 

Let's assume that one line was missing during the ONS scene when Viaan saw Katha flinching  "Katha tum jaa sakti ho main tumhe rokunga nahi". This line can be interpreted both ways. For Viaan, he is offering her a final chance to prove him wrong. For Katha, she thinks she is reducing interest of Viaan in her that's why she firmly replied Main yahan se Jaane ke liye nahi aayi hoon and stopped flinching. This line can be interpreted by Viaan that woman in front of him is ready to spend night with him for the sake of money even though she doesn't want to do it which is clear from her actions, she is a gold digger. Without this small dialogue, a lot of narrative change. Whenever, that night comes up, this dialogue is brought up to argue that it was ONS with consent from mutual perspective not a rape. Viaan gave her a chance to leave didn't pounce on her.

There are many such examples where small details like this saved entire narratives. But, this is a prominent example

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Oh God you wrote such long postsmiley36

Looks like news of show going off air taking its toll on yousmiley36

Anyways, jokes apart, all itv shows are like that. Their dearth of good writers on itv. Even if their is good writers, I don't think they have liberty to write. Channel,  ph, trp everything plays its role and dictates the story.

I don't remember anytime where I found an itv show having a fulfilling story and answering all the doubts or tightening all loose ends ever.

Tenochtitlan thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This off air news is indeed heartbreaking for me smiley19

I will be missing Adnan, Aditi and other characters so much. I will be missing background score because that was exactly the reason I started watching this show. 

Whenever I see an old episode (before 205)  even though it isn't emotional or anything, I feel emotional knowing it is going to end and, it is not a good ending. I don't want to see it futher but, don't want it to go as well. This heartbreak has made me a writer. Anyway my typing speed increased to 100 words per minute because of this smiley36 will be helpful in coding.

Honestly, there were negligible loose ends to this show before episode 205. Its so shocking in such a small amount of time it became full of loopholes. What became detrimental?  

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

So agree with you! The older tracks had everything into perspective and the care it took to give the characters the arcs they deserve, I do think the change in director caused the downfall of the show