Everything is fair in Love, War and Succession - Vanshaj OS

Syon_Anya41 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Before you guys read this, I would like to give a minor warning - Yuvika is not a good person in this.smiley36

EVERYTHING IS FAIR IN LOVE, WAR AND SUCCESSION - VANSHAJ OS

"So, after analysing the votes of the Board Members, we have come to the conclusion that both the candidates, Mr Digvijay Mahajan and Ms Yuvika Mahajan, have recieved equal number of votes in favour of their position of Chairmanship." Vidur Bharadwaj, the Legal Head and Director of Mahajan group of Companies, announced.

Yuvika continuously tapped her left foot as her fingers drummed on the large conference table. 

She took a glance around. There were a total of Thirteen Board of Directors in this room, excluding her and DJ. 

Out of them, Six had voted in Yuvika's favour. Including Vidur uncle and Mr Siddiqui , they were all Premraj Mahajan's old friends and associates, who had decided to support and favour her due to her father's reverence and goodwill.

"- Though surprising, this situation is not something we have not managed to handle before -"

Her eyes moved to the person sitting on her opposite. DJ, her scorned brother had tried his best to look unbothered and unimpressed. However, she could easily read his apprehension and anxiety. 

Despite the air conditioning working in full capacity, the sheen of perspiration on his forehead was a dead giveaway.

Six Board Members had voted in Digvijay's favour too. They included Dhanraj Mahajan and his associates, his close supporters and of course - his Father-in-law, Mr. Shroff.

Both of them had equal votes, equal shares, equal favour. Equal chance to become the Chairperson and rule this Empire.

This Board room had experienced a similar predicament before. Two and a half-day decades ago, her Father and Dhanraj Mahajan had been in this exact situation. 

It was quite likely that just like last time, the decision of who would become the next chairperson would now fall on one shoulder.

The Thirteenth Board Member, 

"Mr Bhanu Pratap Mahajan has yet to cast his vote. I request him to express his favour front of all the Board of Directors and henceforth, make the decision of selecting the next Chairperson." The Legal Head of the Mahajans concluded his speech.

All eyes were now fixated on the eldest Mahajan, who was sitting on the other end of the conference table, on the exact opposite of the Chairman's seat.

Bhanu Pratap Mahajan, her Dada Babu went stiff. Removing the lid from the glass, he first took huge gulps of water. Slowly, he moved his hands towards the microphone in front of him and turned it on.

Clearing his throat, he started speaking.

" The decision of who would become the next Chairperson is quite challenging, since both of the candidates have showed innate potential and capability over the course of these months. I need not say this, because it's quite clear from the votes of all Board of Directors."

She noticed the way his voice wavered and his hands quivered. 

"Though I have never discriminated among my siblings or their children-"

Yuvika heard the low scoff of Dhanraj Mahajan on her left. Deciding to ignore him, she focused on Dada Babu's words.

"But based on my personal experience and observation, I find myself believing that..... Yuvika Mahajan still needs some training and precision."

Yuvika's foot came to a halt. Her heart skipped a beat.

"But Digvijay on the other hand is confident, experienced and dynamic. Thus,"

Dada Babu's teary eyes full of guilt, met her widened ones.

"I feel that Digvijay Mahajan is the most capable person to become the next Chairman of the company. I cast my vote in.... his favour."

Averting his eyes, he suddenly stood up. Muttering a quiet 'excuse me', the eldest Mahajan promptly left the room.

I cast my vote in.... his favour.

Dadababu casted his vote in... his favour.

Dadababu casted his vote in.... DJ's favour.

She didn't even listen to Dhanraj Mahajan's announcement and the clapping, too busy in letting the newfound information sink in her head.

Dada Babu -no, Bhanu Pratap Mahajan- had betrayed her. 

He lied, gave her false promises and assurances about her capabilities but when the time came to openly support her, he backed out.

He backed out. 

He breached her trust. Just like how he did that to her father during the time of his scandal, twenty years ago.

Why? Just whywhywhy-

Her thoughts were interrupted by DJ's voice. 

"Tomorrow's the day of the Press Meet. I would be glad if you came there and witnessed me being the Chairman of this Mahajan Empire with your own eyes, Yuvika Nagar."

Yuvika's fingers curled into a fist. She clenched her teeth, her teary eyes fixated on the table. She knew exactly what sort of expression DJ had on his face and she was not interested in it. Not one bit.

The other Members had already vacated the room when she felt a comforting hand on her shoulder. 

But it was not comfort that she needed night now.

"I would like to be alone for a while." Yuvika muttered to Vidur Uncle with difficulty.

"Okay, Beta. Take care of yourself." His voice was soft, sorrowful and full of sympathy. 

When she was sure that she was alone, Yuvika rested her elbows on the table, both hands clutching her throbbing head.

She clenched her eyes shut. DJ's sardonic, mirthful words echoed in her ears as she took a deep breath.

This was ridiculous. 

Today, by calling her a Nagar in front of everyone ; DJ had indirectly taunted her for being 'weak'.

Infact not just him, but they all thought that she was too naive, too dumb, too gullible to run this Business Empire. To be recognised as a capable heir. 

Even after months of training, weeks planning and plotting, she was still outwitted, outshined, outplayed. Tossed away like a pawn after its use is complete. 

Yuvika suddenly lifted her face, a dark glint shining in her eyes.

They forgot that she was a Mahajan too. That shrewdness, that cunning and cold nature ran in her blood.

The game's not over yet. 

In fact, it has just begun. 

She suddenly stood up and fished out her phone from the bag she always carried, dialling on a certain number.

While waiting for the receiver to pick up, she grabbed the paperweight in front of her, tossing it once in the air.

"Yes, Yuvika Ma'am." 

" Is it done? The work that I gave you. " Pacing around the huge room until she reached the floor to ceiling window, she asked.

" Ah, yes. The pictures have been captured. I must say, I never expected DJ Sir to be this scandalous." There was a mixture of disdain and bewilderment in Jogi's voice, as if he still couldn't believe the information he had in his hands. 

Despite her sour mood, Yuvika chuckled lightly, tossing the paperweight in air once as she gazed outside the window before catching it.

"Um Ma'am... Are you sure you want me to leak the photos and the video? They are quite.. intimate." Jogi's hesitation was quite clear from the tone of his voice.

She hummed. "How explicit are we talking?"

"... Very." 

Yuvika frowned and stayed quiet, looking at her reflection on the tinted glass. 

Had it been the old her a few months ago, she would have never thought of doing such a disgusting thing. 

When Yuvika had first found out about DJ's affair with the photographer and Arjun's friend Simone, she had thought of minding her own business, deciding to say quiet. 

'No matter how he is, he is still my family, my own blood.' She had once foolishly tried to convince herself.

But when Digvijay started intervening in her life, when he decided to change her AV, when he sent Rathi to kidnap her, when he actively became the reason why her father's dream project ended up in ashes, when he decided to plan and murder her entire family-

That's when Yuvika had tossed her sense of morality aside.

Her eyes shifted to the reflection of the Chairman's seat just behind her. 

Power seemed to ooze out of the dark crimson leather, the regal and elegant nature of the chair alluring and hypnotic - as if it were drawing her closer, beckoning her to claim it.    

The raw power and unbridled authority it gave to the one sitting on it was just - enigmatic.

No wonder so many lives were ruined in pursuit of this 'Throne'.

She clutched on the phone tightly.

So what if there was one more?

" I don't care. I want the photos and video to be the headline of tomorrow's news. Make sure that his face is clear and distinct." Her voice was cold and direct, leaving no room for argument.

" My dearest brother really likes to keep his professional and personal life separate. Burn it to ashes. I want his image ruined. Completely sullied and dirtied. Do. You. Get. It?

DJ started it first, now she would be the one to end it. For once and for all.

"Yes Ma'am. I understood what I have to do." Jogi stammered a little at her harsh voice.

Keeping the paperweight on the table without looking, she smirked darkly.

"Good. You will be rewarded once the task is done." With that, she cut the call. 

Shoving the phone in her bag again, Yuvika tucked her hands in her pockets as she hummed a tune, gazing at the panaromic sky for a while.

(She wanted to see Bhanu Pratap Mahajan's face when he would watch the news tomorrow. She wanted to see the same regret and guilt -if not, more- flashing through his eyes as he saw his dearest nephew, his chosen one engage in such sin and adultery.

She doubted he could handle it. He was most likely to get a heart attack - but oh well. That's what Mahajan Hospitals are for.

After this, all of DJ's pride, arrogance reputation and self respect would be buried so deep under the ground that she doubted if he would ever be able to pick himself up again.

There was an odd sense of happiness, a strange twinge of satisfaction in her heart when she imagined his pitiful face, as he desperately tried denying the accusations by the very Board Members who had selected him.

He had asked her to be present at the ceremony tomorrow, didn't he? Oh, she will be there for sure.

Chairman? She chuckled again. DJ should be grateful if they even let him work as a simple employee in the company after what was going to happen.

History sure liked to repeat itself. Years ago, these Mahajans had framed her father in a similar way and now, DJ was going to bear the fruit of their actions.

(It was almost sunset, the mellow orange beams of the sun fell on her face, creating an illusion of her skin glowing a bright golden.

Completely contrasting and ironic to her thoughts.)

Hope you enjoy your sleep tonight, Digvijay Mahajan. 

Because tomorrow is when your nightmares would begin.

Edited by Syon_Anya41 - 5 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

Team Bhidur

This was amazing , i once had a simillar idea during the AV track where the family is blaming her in the house and she leaks pics of SimJay in the news and with a smile she places a drink on Gargi's hand saying "you're going to need this" and walks off to her room

But this was even better! Give us a part 2. , i need to read about the reactions of the Mahajanssmiley37

Syon_Anya41 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

This was amazing , i once had a simillar idea during the AV track where the family is blaming her in the house and she leaks pics of SimJay in the news and with a smile she places a drink on Gargi's hand saying "you're going to need this" and walks off to her room

But this was even better! Give us a part 2. , i need to read about the reactions of the Mahajanssmiley37

That's such a good idea, Pete! Why didn't you write that?!smiley44

Lol what's there to write in part 2smiley39

DB would die of heart attack, DharGi would try doing damage control and fail, Dig Vijay  would attempt doing the unthinkable (like how Duryodhan had tried burning himself in SP MB's Indraprastha track) and meanwhile, Yuvika would be declared the successor in the very press meet meant for DJ smiley16.

Edited by Syon_Anya41 - 6 months ago

Team Bhidur

Originally posted by: Syon_Anya41

That's such a good idea, Pete! Why didn't you write that?!smiley44

Lol what's there to write in part 2smiley39

DB would die of heart attack, DharGi would try doing damage control and fail, Dig Vijay  would attempt doing the unthinkable (like how Duryodhan had tried burning himself in SP MB's Indraprastha track) and meanwhile, Yuvika would be declared the successor in the very press meet meant for DJ smiley16.

I didn't write it cause i was sad seeing DB breaking and no one except for the Nagars tried to console himsmiley19

Syon_Anya41 thumbnail

I didn't write it cause i was sad seeing DB breaking and no one except for the Nagars tried to console himsmiley19

Wow, you are quite sympathetic. It's admirablesmiley20

I, however have lost all sympathy for this man. He is just manipulating Yuvika into entering the business, so he could get a new scapegoat to hide his deeds.smiley39

Team Bhidur

Originally posted by: Syon_Anya41

Wow, you are quite sympathetic. It's admirablesmiley20

I, however have lost all sympathy for this man. He is just manipulating Yuvika into entering the business, so he could get a new scapegoat to hide his deeds.smiley39

My sympaties to him were during the AV track....i lost all sympathy for him in ep 133 when Bhumi called out his hypocritical behavior

Simple_self thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

When DB came into picture  I thought yuvika will be the chairman smiley36did not expect that twist first time DB looked at experience instead of favoritism 👏

And loved yuvika here she herself want to be chairman instead of making her zabardasti ka chairman due vachan,  it will be perfect revenge to take what they wished for years 

That's what Mahajan Hospitals are for -- this line was epicsmiley37

A_for_Arpita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Team Neil

THIS is a brilliant piece of writing smiley32

She doubted he could handle it. He was most likely to get a heart attack - but oh well. That's what Mahajan Hospitals are for

EPIC line smiley37

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Team Kabir

Why didn't you write it? It would have been amazing!! You would have killed it with your sense of humour. I still hope you write it someday.

Edited by asmitamohanty - 6 months ago
asmitamohanty thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Team Kabir

Quite an interesting take.

It is soo good. Your writing style is soo engaging.

The twist you brought with Db is awesome.

Good job