Posted: 7 months ago

Deadline over! Voting will be up soon!

Sutapasima thumbnail

I would have loved to send some entries , I got busy out of station.smiley6

I missed deadline smiley24

Originally posted by: Leprechaun

To showcase your talents on themes around festivals you need not wait for Crazy Creatives to bring up a 'contest'. You can showcase your immense talents even without entering 'contests' organized by our team.

Not my words, not my sarcasm, but it's not too late for you to follow Leprechaun's advice. Write some ten-word Dīpāvali stories and publish them, using "Patakatales" as a tag.

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/2798

Leprechaun thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

I would have loved to send some entries , I got busy out of station.smiley6

I missed deadline smiley24

No worries!!! we'll have em contests comingsmiley2 I'll remember to ping ya next time. 

Leprechaun thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Not my words, not my sarcasm, but it's not too late for you to follow Leprechaun's advice. Write some ten-word Dīpāvali stories and publish them, using "Patakatales" as a tag.

Firstly, not my words, just your lack of comprehension. I don't see anywhere in my reply giving any idea or permission to plagiarize the tagline team Crazy Creatives came up with as you wish in your stories. Secondly, that was a reply to YOU. That solely fits your rule-breaking, and plagiarizing behavior. You need not quote that and flaunt your incomprehension by turning them into misinformation like "write some Diwali stories and publish them, using Patakatakes as a tag." 

One should acknowledge a prompt. I followed that rule with an acknowledgement in my Author's Note, and by guessing "Patakatales" as the tag before Crazy Creatives announced it. That is the opposite of plagiarism.

Crazy Creatives failed to state a rule regarding publishing until I asked for clarification. When I ascertained that publishing my stories on time for Dīpāvali would exclude them from voting, I accepted that outcome. That is the opposite of rule-breaking.

While you Moderators try to pick fights in a celebratory topic with personal sarcasm and bullying, I'll just express my creativity, talented or not, and encourage others who feel that they missed out on this opportunity.

Leprechaun thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

One should acknowledge a prompt. I followed that rule with an acknowledgement in my Author's Note, and by guessing "Patakatales" as the tag before Crazy Creatives announced it. That is the opposite of plagiarism.

Crazy Creatives failed to state a rule regarding publishing until I asked for clarification. When I ascertained that publishing my stories on time for Dīpāvali would exclude them from voting, I accepted that outcome. That is the opposite of rule-breaking.

While you Moderators try to pick fights in a celebratory topic with personal sarcasm and bullying, I'll just express my creativity, talented or not, and encourage others who feel that they missed out on this opportunity.

A prompt will be acknowledged when it meets all the criteria mentioned. I've already explained in clear words what a contest means and how one works, if you still haven't understood the meaning, feel free to go back and read. Well, the definition of plagiarism according to the University of Oxford states that “Presenting work or ideas from another source as your own, with or without consent of the original author, by incorporating it into your work without full acknowledgment." Let's get down to your way of reading and understanding things. If you read only the bold letters that sums up what you exactly did a few days back.

Again (sigh) reminding you that when you submit an entry for a contest you are not supposed to advertise your work until the contest ends. Maybe if you take some time aside from reading, overanalyzing, and drawing misconceptions of DT notes you might notice how other similar contests (like Banner Contest) work in India Forums. Even if you asked for clarification, you were supposed to wait for the organizers to reply to you regarding your doubts. I would call that facing the consequences of your actions rather than glorifying them as something opposite to rule-breaking.

Well let's take a second to laugh at this joke, shall we??? WE moderators always intervened when our team members were bullied and every time we 'replied' and never started a fight. Personal sarcasm and bullying you say?? Oh, gimme a break! Who notes down all the DT replies and posts three to four months after in the Sites Issues thread? Not us, as far as I remember! I won't be even surprised if you save this reply and bring it back four years from now as evidence of how moderators bully you and inhibit you from showcasing your talents. Never once have we stopped you from expressing your creativity, talented or not. Next time just make sure your creativity is purely original and not an intentional derivative.

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

First, you CANNOT publish your work until the contest ends if you are a participant. 

Second, you have used two of the forum contest tags, 'Patakatales' and 'WriteTheBite'. Both the contests are organisation of two different teams on IF. You cannot use both tags. The theme are completely different for both contests. No justification accepted there. You need to remove the tags. 

Edited by ExoticDisaster - 7 months ago