BB17 quarter season review

1275456 thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

BB17 is almost quarter through the season. I’d be honest, and I know I am probably in the minority here, but I am enjoying this season a lot more than the last 4-5 seasons. BB had become too much about unnecessary fights and same ghisse pittay tasks. This season is a welcome change with more organic relations (not forced through tasks) and fewer tasks. Unlike many others, I don’t think we need lots and lots of fights for a season to be good. I am equally happy with a more organic flow of relationships and game. We will eventually have fights but when that happens it is going to be organic.

Anyway, that is not the purpose of this post. I wanted to review this contestant by the lens of contestant characteristics, and would love to hear your thoughts. So the categories are as follows:

1) Mastermind of the season: Every season has one or two contestants who influence the game in an impactful manner. Some do it openly (like Vikas s11 and Puneet s8) while some do it subtly (like Niketan Madhok). This year we have both - Vicky (doing it openly) and Munawar (doing it subtly).

I have always preferred the latter type, as that makes for an interesting dynamic, so I am inclined to go with Munawar on this. I am particularly impressed with how he has been able to accrue a lot influence in the house without actually openly doing anything. I loved how he manipulated Ankita in that coffee issue by taking advantage of her self-obsessed personality.

Munawar is the mastermind for me.

2) Flipper of the season: Every season has a personality type who keeps changing sides. They are either volatile (like Imam, Arshi etc) or double dholki (Rohit Verma etc).

This year initially I felt it is going to be Khanzaadi the way she behaved in the initial few weeks. But she has relatively sobered down. Mannara (volatile), Isha (double dholki) and Anurag (double dholki) are the others. They have exhibited flipper qualities this year, moving from one side to the other. In this category I am inclined to go with Mannara. She is super volatile and is incapable of having stable friendships. What is more telling than the fact she went from Dil to Dimaag and now sleeps in the garden area.

Mannara is the flipper for me.

3) “My way or highway” (self obsessed) of the season: Every season has a contestant who can be considered full of him/herself. There is a long list of such contestants (Gauahar, Karishma, Kieshwar, Tejaswi etc). They are not necessarily negative but have this vibe to them which can rub some people the wrong way.

This year, again, we have a few who fit this bill. Aishwariya, Ankita, Anurag all have this air to them. But I am definitely going with Ankita on this - the way she always wants to be right and keeps talking about ‘sab dil se karti hoon’ is prime example.

Ankita is self obsessed for me.

4) Clown of the season: Every season has a few contestants who can be considered clowns - they think they are playing a game but all they are doing is just being ‘there’. There are too many to name. This year, we have two prime contenders - Anurag and Neil. Both think they are playing a game but I haven’t seen anything to back that. But Neil wins this hands down. He has done nothing despite constant feeding from BB and Salman…but still thinks he is playing a game. I just feel he is a clean hearted guy, incapable of playing the dirty game, but that also makes hos come across and exceptionally clownish.

Neil is the clown for me.

5) Vamp of the season: We gotta have a vamp, right? We have to have someone who everyone can dislike/bash in unison. Season 6 had Delnaz, Season 5 had Sky, Season 7 had Karishma. This year we have Aishwariya. I don’t think she is a bad person per se, but the way she fights makes her fit this bill to perfection!

Aish is the vamp for me.

6) Dark-horse of the season: Every season has someone who few knew before the season but gradually build a solid fanbase. Very few knew of Niketan before S6, or Gautam (eventual winner) before S8, or Rishabh Sinha before S9 or even Asim Riaz! But they were able to build a solid fanbase and reach the epitome. This year I think we have two - Abhishek (known but not as well) and Sana. Abhishek is way ahead of Sana or anyone else this season. He has a strong following and people are actually loving him!

Abhishek is the darkhorse for me!

7) Entertainers of the season: Every season has entertainers who make viewers laugh! This year we have the ‘bhai duo’. I love their skits! They are funny and super entertaining!

Bhai duo wins this for me!

8) Free loader(s) of the season: Every season has at least 3-4 freeloaders! But they usually get eliminated earlier. This year is a bit different where we still have at least 4/5 freeloaders. Dimaag room alone has 3 freeloaders who deserve to be thrown out. But I have to go with Navid - he is not only a freeloader but also a annoying af contestant!!

Please share your views!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1275456 thumbnail

Anyone?? Come on guys! Lets have some engagement and interesting discourse on this forum! It used to be so so good from S6 to S8!!! Those 3 years

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Good Post.

Here are my views.

Master-mind - For me, Munawar and Vicky are at equal level right now, Vicky a bit more because despite his game is being exposed by BB and Sallu, still he has managed to create good equations in the house. Munawar is a bit favoured by BB team over Vicky so definitely he has an upper hand in the game play. As Mastermind and a game player - Vicky is better than Munawar but as overall personality, I prefer Munnawar. Vicky's biggest issue is his disrespectful behaviour towards Ankita and Munawar's is his tagging along with Mannara.

Flipper - Khanzaadi is the one for me because I have still not gotten, with whom she has good bonds with in the house. Mannara ka it's still clear with Munna, Sana and Anurag as her closest people in the house and she sticks to them most of the time so, I don't count her as a flipper.

My way or highway - It's definitely Ankita without any doubt.

Clown - Ah, there are so many like that Anurag guy but Baby Babu couple take the cake ( Aishwarya and Neil both). Aishwarya because of her over the top reactions giving us all the memes. And Neil with his occasional over the top acting.

Villain of the season - It's Mannara for me. Mainly because she passes some really mean comments in the house and is still not called out for. She lies a lot and I see, a lot of people especially neutrals have started disliking her.

Dark Horse - Ah, I have to say this that Abhishek's popularity is really surprising. I absolutely despise this guy but no one thought that he will even start giving competition to all the top contenders this season. Asli Mastermind to ye nikla. 🥲 Thanks to janta who are falling for his victim emotional drama and villainaising Isha.

Although, I think, it's Sana who can be a better dark horse than him if he starts to speak more often.

Entertainers - Arun and Tehelka for sure.

Free - Loaders- Rinku, Jigna and Navid.

Edited by Renee.Clare - 11 months ago
1275456 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Renee.Clare

Good Post.

Here are my views.

Master-mind - For me, Munawar and Vicky are at equal level right now, Vicky a bit more because despite his game is being exposed by BB and Sallu, still he has managed to create good equations in the house. Munawar is a bit favoured by BB team over Vicky so definitely he has an upper hand in the game play. As Mastermind and a game player - Vicky is better than Munawar but as overall personality, I prefer Munnawar. Vicky's biggest issue is his disrespectful behaviour towards Ankita and Munawar's is his tagging along with Mannara.

Flipper - Khanzaadi is the one for me because I have still not gotten, with whom she has good bonds with in the house. Mannara ka it's still clear with Munna, Sana and Anurag as her closest people in the house and she sticks to them most of the time so, I don't count her as a flipper.

My way or highway - It's definitely Ankita without any doubt.

Clown - Ah, there are so many like that Anurag guy but Baby Babu couple take the cake ( Aishwarya and Neil both). Aishwarya because of her over the top reactions giving us all the memes. And Neil with his occasional over the top acting.

Villain of the season - It's Mannara for me. Mainly because she passes some really mean comments in the house and is still not called out for. She lies a lot and I see, a lot of people especially neutrals have started disliking her.

Dark Horse - Ah, I have to say this that Abhishek's popularity is really surprising. I absolutely despise this guy but no one thought that he will even start giving competition to all the top contenders this season. Asli Mastermind to ye nikla. 🥲 Thanks to janta who are falling for his victim emotional drama and villainaising Isha.

Although, I think, it's Sana who can be a better dark horse than him if he starts to speak more often.

Entertainers - Arun and Tehelka for sure.

Free - Loaders- Rinku, Jigna and Navid.

I agree with you on most! I feel Mannara will be called out now because she is at the point where she is actually harming her image outside!

I also tend to agree on Sana - she has potential but doesn’t seem to be doing anything about it! She needs to play more!