Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 months ago

I’ve watched the movie, and it took me 2 days to finish both halves. Now I know why it underperformed, there are definitely some captivating moments but the overall story and direction is weak, at times too simplified that it doesn’t thrill you as the viewer who expects sth unique and unseen in previous Tiger films. 

Emraan Hashmi as Aatish will remind you of Jim a lot because both of them hate their own countries due to the losses of their wives and unborn, Emraan nailed it in his character and I liked how he wasn’t larger than life like Jim but more like he used his intellect.

The dialogues were boring and repetitive, first of all there’s literally no need for Tiger to repeat that ‘Pakistan’ is his saasural, the audience know that very well and also it makes him look less heroic as if he wouldn’t care about it if this wasn’t Zoya’s country, when the reality is definitely not like it. Also given he’s experienced, gutsy and famous, knowing that Javel was the mole, how did they let him have all information about their plan and sacrifice Abrar and Karan? What the hell was that? Also why involve Hassan, a kid in this mission when you know that he’s like your son? I mean shouldn’t Tiger and Zoya know better than us that kids can’t be involved in such life threatening mission? Who wrote it? 

Talking about SRK’s cameo, again bad. What are these lame dialogues of using brain and not skills, like we all know how much brain you used when you voluntarily went to the vault and exported a freaking virus smiley29smiley37. Pathan saying Tiger to use brains was really funny, because in all means Tiger is the better spy and I liked when he says ‘show off’. Also the director’s inability to do sth larger than life with two biggest stars show when they used exactly a similar bridge setup for the rescue, it was 70 percent same to what Tiger did in Russia to save Pathan. 

Salman acted well, and looked so much better and I think his Tiger look suits him really well. It’sjust I feel Tiger Zinda hai was the better performance. Katrin literally can’t give a proper expression and nor does have fluent hind/urdu given she’s an ISI agent but says desh like ‘Dhesh’ and dard like ‘dared’ .. I was like kya bhai bandh karo 🤣

The second half is boring, the director bottled it, with such a good cast, I don’t think a single scene is as memorable as it was expected. Obviously the other brand saved the movie. I just hope YRF understands that such movies should be given to experienced directors.

The monologues of Pakistani PM in the climax and Colonel Luthra at end credits were the best ones, in the entire movie only these 2 side kicks got some monologues was another hilarious coincidence. The moment Luthra started sayin ‘aj main tumse ji mangunga woh koi baap apni bete se nahi mangega, koi boss apni agent se nahi mangega’.. I was like tell him ‘mere damaad banoge’? 😂😂

kudos to Emraan Hashmi’s younger bearded look, uff that was killer, probably the best he looked in the whole movie. Kudos to that towel fight scene between Zoya and Chinese lady, was done very well and Kudos to Zoya for being the only woman in the entire mission and not even having a bruise.

Hopefully the next movie will be better written and directed.