Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aazeen02 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: meandwho

Counselling works, nehi toh change school/location. Mangni hi karwa do, but no nikkah until they start earning

A girl who's running away time and again under her parents' nose, meeting him (for the last time) fleeing or calling the boy right under the roof everyone is in; will changing the location, school or anything stop her from continuing that?

And how is the mangni supposed to be done? Moiz's mother is just not ready to even talk to Deebu's family. What should her father do? Rub his nose against her foot to not let the children take any drastic step?

And honestly speaking, I being in Andaleeb's parents' place, I would myself have never agreed for a college going boy for my daughter, jismein dono ko apne mustaqbil ka koi ata pata nahi hai. And I'm not a 60 year old. I'm an early 30s old and not married, but I do understand where her parents are coming from.

Look, I'm not supporting a zabardasti ki shaadi, I definitely am not the one who'd do that, but Andaleeb is behaving like a brat no less. If she believes in the fact that she doesn't want to nikaalo her parents' izzat ka janaza, then taking the pills and all, creating all the scenes, involving Numair and his family too in the circus is also not done. In all of this, an unwilling Numair is unnecessarily dragged into getting married to a more unwilling girl and then she takes pills right on the first night and makes an almost police case. If Deebu and Moiz are not at fault, so is Numair. And I believe, even Andaleeb's parents must not be expecting such a step from her. All of this is so unnecessary.

Aazeen02 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: moosewithagoose

Most young kids simply go through this kind of phases and with time understand the implications of their ways and change on their own as they mature..parents job is to guide them...talk to them, listen to them, try to understand their pov and make them understand what is wrong with their ways and ultimately when all of these don't work, then take measures like change schools, move places, talk to guardian of the other kids, but here they almost always go to the shaadi route immediately...

I totally agree with what you are saying. That all should be the practical steps to be taken.

But, I'll tell from my personal experiences as well.

One from the time when I was of that age, when one of my friends tried doing the same as Andaleeb. She was counselled, changed places and what not, time lapsed. They both became very different people over time. He married someone else and she bitter with life, never married.

Second case, me being a teacher. Two school going children fell in love and all limits crossed, the boy left the school, and the girl's parents refusing her to continue studies. On my vouching that she'll study from hereon and not get into any trouble (as she promised me the same after the counselling), her parents continued her studies, but she continued doing what she was doing back then, just behind their backs. (I actually felt like Zara.)

And this is precisely why I am finding everyone at fault, including Andaleeb and Moiz.

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

Originally posted by: Aazeen02

A girl who's running away time and again under her parents' nose, meeting him (for the last time) fleeing or calling the boy right under the roof everyone is in; will changing the location, school or anything stop her from continuing that?

And how is the mangni supposed to be done? Moiz's mother is just not ready to even talk to Deebu's family. What should her father do? Rub his nose against her foot to not let the children take any drastic step?

And honestly speaking, I being in Andaleeb's parents' place, I would myself have never agreed for a college going boy for my daughter, jismein dono ko apne mustaqbil ka koi ata pata nahi hai. And I'm not a 60 year old. I'm an early 30s old and not married, but I do understand where her parents are coming from.

Look, I'm not supporting a zabardasti ki shaadi, I definitely am not the one who'd do that, but Andaleeb is behaving like a brat no less. If she believes in the fact that she doesn't want to nikaalo her parents' izzat ka janaza, then taking the pills and all, creating all the scenes, involving Numair and his family too in the circus is also not done. In all of this, an unwilling Numair is unnecessarily dragged into getting married to a more unwilling girl and then she takes pills right on the first night and makes an almost police case. If Deebu and Moiz are not at fault, so is Numair. And I believe, even Andaleeb's parents must not be expecting such a step from her. All of this is so unnecessary.

I agree, but you always have kids who are just difficult to deal with. You can't beat them up or marry them off immediately and expect they will lead a better life with a new family. You have to give them attention, try talking to them, get others they like/listen to to join them and continue the conversation. Its a difficult period, and some kids are just hopeless, but as a parent you still try...

Deebus dad had one chat and then he's shipping her off to Numair. If Moiz couldn't bring his parents, Deebu's dad could have gone to their home. Its not like they tried anything and then it didn't work, they just took the worst step in this case.

I like Zara, she doesn't want to be involved in Deebu's stuff, which is also OK. She has her own life to live. Problem really is the dad who didn't give any time for the situation to calm down.

moosewithagoose thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

I totally agree with what you are saying. That all should be the practical steps to be taken.

But, I'll tell from my personal experiences as well.

One from the time when I was of that age, when one of my friends tried doing the same as Andaleeb. She was counselled, changed places and what not, time lapsed. They both became very different people over time. He married someone else and she bitter with life, never married.

Second case, me being a teacher. Two school going children fell in love and all limits crossed, the boy left the school, and the girl's parents refusing her to continue studies. On my vouching that she'll study from hereon and not get into any trouble (as she promised me the same after the counselling), her parents continued her studies, but she continued doing what she was doing back then, just behind their backs. (I actually felt like Zara.)

And this is precisely why I am finding everyone at fault, including Andaleeb and Moiz.

Young people will be rebellious at their age and the more parents tell them not to do sth, the more likely they are to continue to do it, that is why it is essential for parents to be their friends from an early age to avoid this kind of scenarios..not saying Andaleeb and Moiz are completely blameless in all of this but more than them, it is the parents who have driven them to be this way...

music_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Well, but it does work sometimes. I know people who got married to their middle school gf/bf and vice versa.

Ideally, Moiz and Andleeb's relationship would have fizzle out. But here, parents are more keen on their izzar than anything. And, it has to happen otherwise no show.

I've seen parents allowing their child to date but at the same time keeping them safe. It's all about parenting and boundaries.

Edit: I also have no idea what's the writer trying to show tbh. With so much of self harm dialogues in, she might just ignore them and sensationalise it.

Edited by music_girl - 2 months ago
Dilsha thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I think moiz and andaleep are also quite immature. Even when they were planning their wedding they were like we will get money from our parents. How long will the parents support them. As for Zara I don’t think she quite understood what her cousin is capable of. She must be thinking my friend is a nice guy plus for her Deepu is someone who is nkt mature enough to take such decision. It happens in real life when the elders think ur little how much ever u grew. Like she’s too young to understand all this. Plus Zara is busy in her own life.i think she was too studious and that was her life she’s not much of a person who can understand people. Like her hubby has been acting weird and angry since the beginning but she seems to let it go without thinking much. That’s her character.shes definite gonna get the shock of her life in future episodes.

As for the parents sending her away I don’t think desi parents really take that risk. Like these two cud be meeting each other secretly.for someone who came to their house secretly in the middle of the night what’s the guarantee he won’t meet her again even if they send her some other place.
this happens in real life also. Marriage is really a gamble. I have met people who are happy that married the person their parents chose and not the one they were in love with and people who can’t seem to forget their love despite being married. For her parents numairs proposal came at the right time Zara knows him personally he’s well settled so that’s what they might be looking at. Young love is nkt something of concern to a lot of parents

Dilsha thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

On another note did someone notice numair wearing gryffindor t shirt last episode. The HP fan inside me got excited seeing thatsmiley1 any hp fans here

Edited by Dilsha - 2 months ago
anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hamza Sohail

This drama is becoming boring for me no exciting track is coming NGL Samira Fazal lost her charm

https://youtu.be/pgs38H-8vhs?si=HT3QTVoaPUnlCoW5

The only drama i only liked of Samira is Mann Mayal, alvida and khamoshiyan

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

What happiness do you get sh*tting on something you don't watch and others are having a discussion on

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hamza Sohail

Originally posted by: meandwho

What happiness do you get sh*tting on something you don't watch and others are having a discussion on

Tell them to start the Zara Hassan track I'll be happy smiley36 ps i was just trolling