Please don't bring JUST bakery comments from a baker judge -Pooja

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 months ago

Pooja is just limited to bakery. Only the chocolate-cheese puree commentary by her in the entire episode. She's so clueless lol. 😂 🤣 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Thank Goodness I wasn’t the only one that noticed it. She literally has no comments on savoury food. I get that she’s a baker/pastry chef, but I’m sure she can pass some comments that go beyond the presentation.

Look at all of us, we’re not even chefs but we can pass more worthwhile comments without even tasting the dishes!

She really is a waste on the show.

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Raina101

Thank Goodness I wasn’t the only one that noticed it. She literally has no comments on savoury food. I get that she’s a baker/pastry chef, but I’m sure she can pass some comments that go beyond the presentation.

Look at all of us, we’re not even chefs but we can pass more worthwhile comments without even tasting the dishes!

She really is a waste on the show.

I've been already noticing tbh from the inception of the show that she only comments on bakery/dessert related stuff & have even given suggestion that the least can do to achieve some silver lining is say how the taste is from an aam insaan's POV. smiley36

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chemcart_MJ

I've been already noticing tbh from the inception of the show that she only comments on bakery/dessert related stuff & have even given suggestion that the least can do to achieve some silver lining is say how the taste is from an aam insaan's POV. smiley36

Exactly! Even normal people have opinions on taste. At least some fake comments. Maybe the directors/script writers can give her a list of comments to use.  ðŸ˜‚

IWasHareeshFan thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

I agree, although she is a good chef, she even motivates cooks but still, just observe her, you will either find her commenting on only those items jinko bake karna hota hai or she will just motivate others, that's what she is doing, I don't know whether she has much idea of what's going on, in fact she has seen/tried so many things for the first time it seems, I mean I could notice this from her tone of speaking.

I know so many people will not agree with me but I liked chef Garima from the last season, yes, it is true that she was unaware about few things like chanapoda but she definitely knew so many things, even she motivated people, however she was not smiling like chef Pooja but I don't think that should be a problem for anyone.

In fact almost all the contestants praised her, even those who got eliminated in the very beginning of the season.

Ninjaaa thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Loved loved and loved chef Garima in the previous season! She is so disciplined, passionate and truthful to her profession. In fact, I found her a good balance of strict and compassionate.

Pooja is a great energy and treat to watch. She just makes my heart melt with how much she cares and wants the contestants to do well. However, I agree that she is too niche to judge the masterchef. On the other side, if there were to be another season of Masterchef Junior, Pooja will make a perfect judge. The kids will love her, and she seems the kind of person who can motivate and teach kids effortlessly.

Raina101 thumbnail

Pooja seems like a nice person, I remember seeing her once (for barely two minutes) at a wedding I attended, and she was so lively and chatty (I didn’t get to talk to her).  She comes across as a lovely person, but that’s not all that’s needed of a judge of a cooking show.

She should judge something like the great bake off (Indian version). But here, I’m sorry to say she’s as useless as a mobile phone without signal!

IWasHareeshFan thumbnail

Exactly, chef Grima had an awra, she was a perfect balance of sweetness compassion as well as discipline and strictness

even those contestants who were interviewed said that off screen she was very much chilled but when it was time for them to work she was completely different, however at the same time she never demotivated people like chef Ranveer does, I don't know other people's perspective but I don't think she ever demotivated Sachin also, may be I am wrong but it was mostly chef Ranveer.

Gurki was also scared of her as he said that she was very much strict and judged on the bases of technicallity but we all know Gurki's cooking so I think she use to judge him and they probably edited that because they wanted to keep him may be (this is just my perspective).

how he use to behave with Seema ji I did not like that, I don't know the reason for his weird behavior with her but whatever it was it looked very bad on screen at least to me.

chalo even if we believe that she was/is a bad cook, leave bad, even let's consider her to be a horrible cook but still can't we be little good with them also?  chef vikas was also there, I am not considering chef Pooja as she hardly is there in the show as a judge, but even chef Vikas did not behave in such a way, literally chef Marko was praising that dish but he just contradicted everyone and said ki this is not good, Marko doesn't know the Indian flavors but we do know (I mean he did not exactly say that but the way he said it exactly meant that, at least I thought so).

Edited by IWasHareeshFan - 6 months ago
IWasHareeshFan thumbnail

btw why they are not bringing 2nd season of jr MCI?

and do you think that jr mc is a good idea?  should we bring kids of such a young age to cook and that too on screen?  It is a question.

and one more thing, I don't think chef Garima will be a good judge for kids, I mean I am assuming on the bases of how she was in the last season, but she should judge MCI season 9 according to me.

Raina101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IWasHareeshFan

btw why they are not bringing 2nd season of jr MCI?

and do you think that jr mc is a good idea?  should we bring kids of such a young age to cook and that too on screen?  It is a question.

and one more thing, I don't think chef Garima will be a good judge for kids, I mean I am assuming on the bases of how she was in the last season, but she should judge MCI season 9 according to me.

I wasn’t a fan of Garima last year, but atleast she had knowledge and spoke sense.

As for Masterchef kids, I’m conflicted. I enjoy it while it airs, but I’m always so scared for the children. Besides they miss school, so better not have it.