SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 months ago

Iam Also Loving The Actress Playing Goddess Ganga She Is Pretty. Love Her As The Oldest Sister Of Goddess Parvati Want To See More Of Her Story Too Along With Shiv Shakti Later In The Episodes. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NostalgiaLove thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SilverBell

Iam Also Loving The Actress Playing Goddess Ganga She Is Pretty. Love Her As The Oldest Sister Of Goddess Parvati Want To See More Of Her Story Too Along With Shiv Shakti Later In The Episodes. 

Her next big story is of Mahadev becoming Gangadhara. And then she comes again as Banai who is second consort of Khandoba but that they may not show. 

SilverBell thumbnail

Originally posted by: NostalgiaLove

Her next big story is of Mahadev becoming Gangadhara. And then she comes again as Banai who is second consort of Khandoba but that they may not show. 

Really?

I Didn't Know About This Interesting.

NostalgiaLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: SilverBell

Really?

I Didn't Know About This Interesting.

In Valmiki Ramayana, she is mother of Kartikeya as he is born from her womb when Shiva's seed was put in her by Agni. As he was born from her womb he's called skanda and she is called Skandamata, one of the names of Durga. 

Similar story is also in Skanda Purana. So there are many Stories involving Devi Ganga but as the show is about Shiv Shakti they will keep the focus on them. 

SilverBell thumbnail

In Valmiki Ramayana, she is mother of Kartikeya as he is born from her womb when Shiva's seed was put in her by Agni. As he was born from her womb he's called skanda and she is called Skandamata, one of the names of Durga. 

Similar story is also in Skanda Purana. So there are many Stories involving Devi Ganga but as the show is about Shiv Shakti they will keep the focus on them. 

I See Thanks For Sharing smiley9

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I guess Skandmata is not Ganga. Skandmata is another form of durga/parvati only. We worship skandmata swaroop in navratri also.

It was not only Shiva's seed that fall into Ganga but it was combination of both Shiva's and Parvati's energy which was taken away by agni for its protection and when he couldn't bear its heat he have it to Ganga. Later 6 kritikas brought up that child hence he is known as kartikeya. So in this way all kritikas, Ganga and Parvati all are kartikeya's mothers.

There is one more story about Ganga. When Shiv tied her in his hair she became egoistic and even taunted parvati about her position in shiva's life being superior to parvati. Parvati was offended. She cursed her and left kailash after that. Shiv had to woo her all over again.

Then not related to shiv shakti's story but there are many more stories related to Ganga. She had significant role in Mahabharata. Bhishm was Ganga's son.

SilverBell thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anj_01

I guess Skandmata is not Ganga. Skandmata is another form of durga/parvati only. We worship skandmata swaroop in navratri also.

It was not only Shiva's seed that fall into Ganga but it was combination of both Shiva's and Parvati's energy which was taken away by agni for its protection and when he couldn't bear its heat he have it to Ganga. Later 6 kritikas brought up that child hence he is known as kartikeya. So in this way all kritikas, Ganga and Parvati all are kartikeya's mothers.

There is one more story about Ganga. When Shiv tied her in his hair she became egoistic and even taunted parvati about her position in shiva's life being superior to parvati. Parvati was offended. She cursed her and left kailash after that. Shiv had to woo her all over again.

Then not related to shiv shakti's story but there are many more stories related to Ganga. She had significant role in Mahabharata. Bhishm was Ganga's son.

Thanks Alot For Sharing About Goddess Ganga My Sanskrit Name Is Ganga That's Why I Love Her So Much. She Is Water I Always Love The Beaches And Oceans I Can't Swim But I Pray To Goddess Ganga To Protect Me Whenever Iam At The Beach Or Taking A Boat Ride. smiley9

NostalgiaLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anj_01

There are many Stories and you are right, one of the names of Durga is Skandamata. I just said what I read in Valmiki Ramayana. You can check it if you want.