Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prizi thumbnail

India

Posted: 11 months ago

Afeef: "There's got to be atleast one double century scored in the World Cup and I feel it will be someone from either of these 2 teams." -- Well, India have three in their squad who have scaled that peak before, and Ben Stokes, before flying out to India, registered England's highest score in the format, although he fell short of his double ton by 18 runs

Prizi thumbnail

India

Saleque Sufi : "There are chances that England and India may go all the way to meet in the final. One is reigning champion and the other is ODI top ranked team as well as the host. England may find it a bit challenging adjusting with heat and humidity. It will be mouth watering contest of the two evenly matched team. Though warm up match but neither side will give an inch to the other for strategic reasons" -- Might be a little premature thinking about the final, considering there are several teams in contention. But completely agree with neither team wanting to hand the other a psychological edge before the tournament begins.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Ravi Ashwin: I honestly wasn't thinking about being here (talking about his late selection for the World Cup). Enjoying the game has been my prime motto for the last four to five years and I would like to do that again in this tournament. I told the media guy that he shouldn't be putting me in front of camera for a while now, but this is probably one of those situations where he said Dinesh Karthik is interviewing you and I obliged the opportunity (chuckles). It's all about making subtle variations (talking about the preparations) and dealing with pressure, all you can do is turn the ball both ways and hope for the best. Pressure is of paramount importance for most players in this tournament. Being in a good space and training to enjoy the game will hold me in good stead i reckon. Want to enjoy the tournament. I don't know I have kept saying this, this could be my last World Cup for India. For me enjoying the tournament is more important.smiley19

Prizi thumbnail

India

Vikas Arya: "Jarrod Kimber reckons India does not have a problem with no.4 in ODIs? do you agree Eknath?" I saw the video and did feel the points added up. Pant's absence and Shreyas potentially being rusty could be an issue. But shouldn't be as big an issue

Prizi thumbnail

India

15:00 local, 09:30 GMT: Still a grim picture in Guwahati

Prizi thumbnail

India

An update is expected at 3:15pm local

Prizi thumbnail

India

Finally, we have some good news. Rain has stopped and it's looking much brighter than it was 20 minutes ago.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Rachit-77 : "Good news for the fans...rain has fully stopped....."

Prizi thumbnail

India

Pratik: "I think people are forgetting that at this moment, it is still monsoon in India. On the hand, the further we go into the tournament, the more heat there will be (until say November) and the less rain. I doubt anything past the earlier matches will be affected by rain."

Prizi thumbnail

India

Sentient05: "It has stopped raining " Think it did for a minute. Heard a cheer from the crowd, but it started to bucket down again.