Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 months ago

A sibling riding on the coat tails of another sibling. You see this very very often. But hardly ever the second sibling ever shines or sees success. Seen this far too often in movie business. She will be out and about in 2 films. 

Edited by ohophelia - 8 months ago
priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: ohophelia

A sibling riding on the cost tails of another sibling. You see this very very often. But hardly ever the second sibling ever shines or sees success. Seen this far too often in movie business. She will be out and about in 2 films. 

it is not true for Kareena Karisma or Kajol Rani 

or maybe even Priyanka Parineeti (even though one is more successful, Parineeti is her own brand unlike someone like Katrina's sister)

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: priya185

or maybe even Priyanka Parineeti (even though one is more successful, Parineeti is her own brand unlike someone like Katrina's sister)

Kareena is an exception. 

PC-Pari are not exactly siblings. Same with Kajol-Rani. Better comparison is Kajol-Tanisha. 

Take Salman-Arbaaz-Sohail, Shilpa-Shamita, Kat-her sis, Anil-Sanjay, Kajal-Nisha, Vijay D-his bro, Saif-Soha, Ayushmaan-his bro, Vicky-Sunny, Kajal-Nisha, Allu Arjun-his bro off the top of my head. There are just way too many names. This is a common occurrence. 

Also I think the other sibling can't shine until the first sibling is still famously active. Kareena reached her peak at a point where Karishma was nowhere in BW. 

Edited by ohophelia - 8 months ago
Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ohophelia

Kareena is an exception. 

PC-Pari are not exactly siblings. Same with Kajol-Rani. Better comparison is Kajol-Tanisha. 

Take Salman-Arbaaz-Sohail, Shilpa-Shamita, Kat-her sis, Anil-Sanjay, Kajal-Nisha, Vijay D-his bro, Saif-Soha, Ayushmaan-his bro, Vicky-Sunny, Kajal-Nisha, Allu Arjun-his bro off the top of my head. There are just way too many names. This is a common occurrence. 

Also I think the other sibling can't shine until the first sibling is still famously active. Kareena reached her peak at a point where Karishma was nowhere in BW. 

Shahid’s younger brother is also nowhere to be seen these days

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Rani got no advantage coz of Kajol being her cousin 

Infact it was a disadvantage 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Was one untalented sister not enough to torture us that the second variant of her is also joining?

Seriously who is backing these two? Any political connections? 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: priya185

In Kareena and Karisma's case, they both do not belong to the same generation. Kareena debuted in 2000, and Karisma's last big role was Shakti 2002, and by 2003 she was done. Kareena's career picked up with Chameli in 2004. 

Rani and Kajol had nothing to do with each other, both established themselves quite well without any help of anyone. 

Parineeti can hardly be called successful, she made a huge splash with her debuted, which extended to Ishaqzaade and Hasi toh Phase. After that both sisters went downhill.

I think the "Real" sibling test will be Khushi and Janhvi Kapoor + Ibrahim and Sara. Interested to see how it will play out. I think Khushi and Ibrahim may have more successful careers than their siblings. 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 8 months ago
priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

In Kareena and Karisma's case, they both do not belong to the same generation. Kareena debuted in 2000, and Karisma's last big role was Shakti 2002, and by 2003 she was done. Kareena's career picked up with Chameli in 2004. 

Rani and Kajol had nothing to do with each other, both established themselves quite well without any help of anyone. 

Parineeti can hardly be called successful, she made a huge splash with her debuted, which extended to Ishaqzaade and Hasi toh Phase. After that both sisters went downhill.

I think the "Real" sibling test will be Khushi and Janhvi Kapoor + Ibrahim and Sara. Interested to see how it will play out. I think Khushi and Ibrahim may have more successful careers than their siblings. 

so what if Kareena and Karisma have an age gap they are still an example of successful siblings

Rani Kajol are cousins. Rani's first film was co-written by her dad. Surely their connections helped them get movies and network. You defending nepotism products is surprisingsmiley36

Parineeti is generally considered a good actress and has done some good films including the ones you mentioned. Shudh desi romance, kesari, uunchai were also a hit and I liked those movies. HTP is one of my all-time favs. MPB was good regardless of the box office result. 

Priyanka hasn't gone downhill she does some projects in Bollywood still (the sky is pink and was meant to do jee le zara) and headlined a TV show quantico and did citadel. Love again also is profitable, She is doing a movie Heads of state with Idris Elba.

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Was one untalented sister not enough to torture us that the second variant of her is also joining?

Seriously who is backing these two? Any political connections? 

Koi shaq