Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

robedward thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 months ago

A ha ha ha ha haaaaaa, today's Jhalak was so funny smiley37

Vivek bhaisaab looked so at home with the pole smiley36 100 points for all his pole work but the choice of song could have been better, something pole dance-ish, cause romantic song and their pole work didn't do much for me smiley17 it was like watching a chore happening smiley17 and that song always reminds me of this act from previous Jhalak.

https://vimeo.com/106494765

Choreographer Vivek bhaisaab toh upto his old tricks with wow wow production. I liked all the fire plays, thoda dance dikhta toh achcha lagta smiley37 and the lady is so expressive, i like that the most smiley27 also, Vivek mein Chakranshu ke aatma smiley37

I enjoyed that Main nikla gaddi leke act, it was happy and joyful, and the way that guy had the control over that harness, Farah shouldn't have given him just 6 smiley39 as a novice he did pretty good handling the prop and not leaving any beat.

Haiiiiii, the dedication with which Sonali mouthed all the Tu Ru Ru Rus of Yeh Kali Kali Aankhein smiley32 for a first time attempting MJ, SreeRam was fab. Maybe could have been better but it's MJ, u need bada jigda to attempt that so no complain smiley32

And then there was Tanisha and Tarun smiley37 The whole production and the sand and the song soooo grand but Ma kasam, both of them made it look like badly choreographed B-grade movie's Suhagraat Scene smiley37 especially because of the expressions and executions smiley37

Lastly Shoaib Anu. It was supposed to be bollywood but the whole act wasn't well put. No fault of Shoaib, he did what he could with given choreography and they got 15~16 i think.

@Andy what's ur thought, bolo bolo tell tell

P.S. my gosh, Gauhar could totally play Mizu from Blue Eye Samurai !!!!!!!!

Edited by robedward - 11 months ago
robedward thumbnail
Andakadipatta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: reborn-re

Momma and Robz how was todays episode? Who performed and who’s performance should I skip! Haven’t got time to watch Jhalak episode yet only watched idol one been busy with chores and stuff.

I had zero hopes from the contestants except Adrija since they aren't that great dancers so quite enjoyed the episode today, it was way better than what I expected smiley36 I have only seen one season of Jhalak before this which had Sushant and that season had quite good dancers but if I judge as per what I saw last season the quality had detoriated a lot so based on that today's episode and this season was way above my expectations smiley36 Also I'm so habituated watching trained dancers that it becomes really hard to watch these celebs dancing and screwing up the acts but even counting that I think atleast this season the contestants atleast have that hunger to prove themselves and feels like they genuinely like to dance.

Sreeram and Sonali easily were the best for me though I agree with Farah that the last gimmick made the ending so thanda. Just Sonali and her love for props smiley39 But gotta give it to her for designing a fab act otherwise. More than Sreeram I'm happy that Sonali is back to her less hyper self smiley37 Vivek and Karuna were a close second. All the tips and tricks might look good for these judges but we are used to seeing Vivek's choreography so by know we know it was a smart choreography than good choreography to wow the judges by these tricks than dance. But Karuna is just too good! She was in character till the end, had such expressive eyes and was really graceful. Only if Vivek had held back a bit in his Kathak and let Karuna shine more I would've enjoyed the act more. Next was obviously Vivek. Huge improvement from last week though like Robz said it's suspicious how good he is with the pole 🥸🤪 I feel all these muscled guys can't really dance freely. Their biceps and 🔴🔴 come in between their dance.smiley36 But nice choreography by his choreographer. I'm with Robz about Rajeev. I thoroughly enjoyed his performance. He was really enjoying while dancing and was so smooth with the aerial bits. Tanisha and Anuradha's contestant acts were certainly the weakest. I'm glad the judges are being really strict with the marks. Kuch seekho inse IBD ke judges!smiley36

Looking forward to tomorrow more. I really liked Anjali last episode so want to see what she does tomorrow apart from our own Adrija.

reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Andakadipatta

I had zero hopes from the contestants except Adrija since they aren't that great dancers so quite enjoyed the episode today, it was way better than what I expected smiley36 I have only seen one season of Jhalak before this which had Sushant and that season had quite good dancers but if I judge as per what I saw last season the quality had detoriated a lot so based on that today's episode and this season was way above my expectations smiley36 Also I'm so habituated watching trained dancers that it becomes really hard to watch these celebs dancing and screwing up the acts but even counting that I think atleast this season the contestants atleast have that hunger to prove themselves and feels like they genuinely like to dance.

Sreeram and Sonali easily were the best for me though I agree with Farah that the last gimmick made the ending so thanda. Just Sonali and her love for props smiley39 But gotta give it to her for designing a fab act otherwise. More than Sreeram I'm happy that Sonali is back to her less hyper self smiley37 Vivek and Karuna were a close second. All the tips and tricks might look good for these judges but we are used to seeing Vivek's choreography so by know we know it was a smart choreography than good choreography to wow the judges by these tricks than dance. But Karuna is just too good! She was in character till the end, had such expressive eyes and was really graceful. Only if Vivek had held back a bit in his Kathak and let Karuna shine more I would've enjoyed the act more. Next was obviously Vivek. Huge improvement from last week though like Robz said it's suspicious how good he is with the pole 🥸🤪 I feel all these muscled guys can't really dance freely. Their biceps and 🔴🔴 come in between their dance.smiley36 But nice choreography by his choreographer. I'm with Robz about Rajeev. I thoroughly enjoyed his performance. He was really enjoying while dancing and was so smooth with the aerial bits. Tanisha and Anuradha's contestant acts were certainly the weakest. I'm glad the judges are being really strict with the marks. Kuch seekho inse IBD ke judges!smiley36

Looking forward to tomorrow more. I really liked Anjali last episode so want to see what she does tomorrow apart from our own Adrija.

I agree beside Mishti none of them are train dancers but still they are trying. Same here my favorite performance was Sriram and agree with you and Farah that prop in the ending was not needed and I am glad Farah mention that. Also he showed that he is Sony ke reality show person during vote appeal time like everybody was doing long appeal but his was short and sweet and it was the same line like SD, IBD, Idol and SS contestants used during vote appeal time.

I am so glad that judges are being strict but I don’t think Karuna deserved that perfect 30 In first week itself Infact nobody deserved it from todays episode. I agree she was expressive and into the character and it was as usual Vivek’s smart choreography with the grand prop but that was it like contestants was suppose to shine but it was Vivek who shined more than her I also agree that Rajiv should have got more than six but oh well it will make him to do more hard work unless they are planning to eliminate him first. About the rest of the performance I have same opinion they were the weakest from the episode.

Looks like Mishti and Akash are doing Ariel act and really looking forward for their act and Anjali’s too her promo looks really good so let’s see how the whole performance is.

Edited by reborn-re - 11 months ago
reborn-re thumbnail

Guys what do you think about Mishti scores and do you guys agree?

robedward thumbnail

Guys what do you think about Mishti scores and do you guys agree?

Getting 30 on the very first week of scoring, normally doesn't happen, 1-2 judges usually hold back. So from that POV, 29 is OK.

BUT they gave Karuna 30 who's act had the bare minimal dance, so Mishti not getting 30 is NOT OK. Just because she's a dancer, Farah probably trying to show tough louuvvvvv and judge her from a very different POV.

reborn-re thumbnail

Originally posted by: robedward

Getting 30 on the very first week of scoring, normally doesn't happen, 1-2 judges usually hold back. So from that POV, 29 is OK.

BUT they gave Karuna 30 who's act had the bare minimal dance, so Mishti not getting 30 is NOT OK. Just because she's a dancer, Farah probably trying to show tough louuvvvvv and judge her from a very different POV.

Ya I had a same thought Farah is being strict with Mishti because she is a train dancer so probably had expect more and like you said I think 29 is ok because it would actually give choreography team to make the act more better next time. I am liking contestant getting 16, 17, and 18 last season season below 18 scores dekhneko nai mila.

robedward thumbnail

I am really digging Arshad's comments, criticisms with such swag smiley37 my opinions matching his comments most of the time, which usually doesn't happen at all smiley37

For Amir's waltz, it was a sweet soothing act but as Arshad pointed out, transitions were not seamless. Also i felt he lacked the hero like attitude, like a commanding presence was missing from the act. But it was very pleasant to the eyes and it was far better than their first act for sure.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Natu Natu act, yes, Romsha kinda had a strong presence and overpowering tendency, but Shiv kinda made the act pretty enjoyable. He was having a blast and that joy was contagious. I am really liking him and Rajeev. They are enjoying their acts, so i am enjoying with them. Again here liked the way Arshad mentioned choreographers should dial down themselves and let the stars shine.

Chaiya chaiya was very cleverly choreographed but the story line wasn't required. The lady can do stunts but she lacks a bit of musicality. I am giddy that Arshad told Bharat to work on himself smiley37

Mishti Akash.... Kya boluuuuuuuuu smiley42 first of all, they chose a larger than life song, and they delivered an apt performance. The split jump Akash did during the first Dheevara..... Uffffff.... Just chummeshwari smiley42 and Mishtiiiiiii.... The girl is a born star ✨ she has a built in star quality and the way she holds herself during the acts, the expressions smiley42 i loved the whole act, the aerial ending was awesome, only beef, Akash's costume smiley39

As all the judges pointed out, Anjali is going in the right direction. She has grace and if her choreographer keeps it up and teach her different forms every week, she will surely get better. The performance was good until the Crescendo, its oukay.

And then Urvashi and Vau smiley39 first of all seeing Vau getting chummy with someone, didn't need that visual smiley11 and he shouldn't harass Urvashi like that with all the lifts and tricks. Such a sensual song, but baa choreography. I hope soon judges tell Vau off for this. But kudos to Urvashi for not giving up and complete the act with a bandage on her feet smiley32

robedward thumbnail

Ya I had a same thought Farah is being strict with Mishti because she is a train dancer so probably had expect more and like you said I think 29 is ok because it would actually give choreography team to make the act more better next time. I am liking contestant getting 16, 17, and 18 last season season below 18 scores dekhneko nai mila.

Last season the scoring were rubbish most of the time. Especially for Niti. Muft ke 30s miley. There were too many stars last season and judges were probably told not to break their hearts. This season is opposite. Barely any stars as Andy mentioned. The very first season of Jhalak, the scores were like this. After several weeks judges graduated to score 9s and 10s.

reborn-re thumbnail

Originally posted by: robedward

Last season the scoring were rubbish most of the time. Especially for Niti. Muft ke 30s miley. There were too many stars last season and judges were probably told not to break their hearts. This season is opposite. Barely any stars as Andy mentioned. The very first season of Jhalak, the scores were like this. After several weeks judges graduated to score 9s and 10s.

I agree with all the scores leaving few like Karuna should have gotten less and Rajiv should have got more than what he got. Also I didn’t watch Tanisha and Urvashi’s act looking promo and reading your review. Also did they cut Farah’s comments on Mishti’s act or she didn’t just said it anything? It clearly showed from her reaction that she did expect more from them coz both Arshad and Mallika gave standing ovation but she didn’t.