Mocking a rape survivor is not at all okay.

Vidhi1989 thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

Since January, every other character in the show, specially Baa is shown mocking Dimple because she was raped and abandoned by her family. It is cruel and amounts to emotional violence but it is shown she deserves the constant condemnation. Few episodes back, so called God like character Anuj reminded her of her position and how he did great ehsaan.

Showing Dimple as a rude woman is like creating a smoke screen and trying to validate the ill-treatment she has gone through in the series. Just because in this day and age people do not show basic decency and even abandon their own people that doesn't mean showing basic humanity towards someone should be considered as ehsaan and that person who got benefitted from it should be reminded of the same time and time again just to humiliate her.

Rape is no joke.. and it makes women vulnerable against various mental health issues such as depression and it alienates them in the society. There is so much stigma and discrimination against survivors of rape/acid attack and domestic violence survivors. 

Previously they made joke out of a serious crime like human trafficking and now they are mocking rape survivors through the central character and her beloved Shah family.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vidhi1989 thumbnail

Edited by Vidhi1989 - 8 months ago
Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Her only character flaw seems to be that she talks back to her shitty in-laws and probably doesn't want to live in a joint family. That, according to Shahi and Star, justifies her getting physically abused by her saas and taunted about her sexual assault.

The grossness of this show knows no bounds. 

NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

I had stated in a previous post on how much I relate to Dimple's journey as an abuse survior with abandonment issues.

However it was easily visible that she will be detoriated further, but I still don't find anything problematic with her except for her money-mindedness and not wanting to work independently. But then, not everyone has the talent and will to work and slog all the time.

It's also pathetic on how women are constantly shamed for not making elaborate meals. Look, I fully support eating home cooked food and especially after the pandemic, have even learnt many cooking tricks. But judging someone just because they make sandwiches instead of  dhoklas and theplas for breakfast is really awful.

Edited by NiharikaMishra - 8 months ago
ChirpyKiya10 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: NiharikaMishra

I had stated in a previous post on how much I relate to Dimple's journey as an abuse survior with abandonment issues.

However it was easily visible that she will be detoriated further, but I still don't find anything problematic with her except for her money-mindedness and not wanting to work independently. But then, not everyone has the talent and will to work and slog all the time.

It's also pathetic on how women are constantly shamed for not making elaborate meals. Look, I fully support eating home cooked food and especially after the pandemic, have even learnt many cooking tricks. But judging someone just because they make sandwiches instead of  dhoklas and theplas for breakfast is really awful.

Seriously.. 

samar was portrayed as poor guy....bechara itni mushkil se sandwich kha raha hai..like he has given something inedible. Family se alag hai toh khane ko bhi nahi mil raha. 

He has to eat sandwich at night.. Bhai itni problem hai to Tu khichdi bana leta.  Nahi to Tu kuch aur manga le. Tu kyun nahi Le kar aaya kuch. Can't he adjust for one single day.

Tujhe pata hai ki dimpy ko kya pasand hai nahi.. It is expected from women only that they should know liking and disliking of their husbands. Why? 

Earlier also, there was expression of disapproval when kavya made paasta not some indian dish. Indian food nahi aata toh bahu bekar hai.. 

Btw, so called sanskaari family ki beti paakhi bhi paasta, piza hi kha rahi thi.. Banana kya aata hai god knows. 

What I find funny is samose and jalebi ka koi time nahi hai.. Woh yeh budde bhi maje se kha rahe hote hai.. Yeh healthy hote hai.. Right. 

Yeh digest ho jaate hai buddo ko.. 

Seedha bolo na ke pastta, pizzha accha nahi lagta. In didi's language. 

Musketeer_95 thumbnail

These makers should be dragged to court for this. 

NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Exactly, Dukhmukh ka cream roll and Pakhi's cold coffees and pizzas every now and then are Maa Annapurna ka vardaan right?

Even if Maata ji makes them at home, the harmful part is the allpurpose flour (maida) which will damage health irrespectively

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

I never understood the logic of giving sad back story to vamp's in the show like dimpy or Maya, even tried with barkha by using EMA.

Even EK show were better. Vamps were full fledged vamps n never reformed or felt sorry n had history of cheating ex husband n families before entering life of lead couples.

Here u r left confused whether to feel sorry or hate the vamp.

Problem with dimpy is only starting the taunting game like baa n then trying to unearth money from the house where there is no money. 

Edited by naaznin - 8 months ago