Has anyone seen Bebakee??

KaranSG_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 months ago

Hey guys

I am new to this forum. I just saw all the episodes of Barsaatein in one go. 

So has any of you seen Bebakee? It's Kushal Tandon webseries on Alt Balaji. The show was basically a remake of Kahin toh hoga...same story just different actors.

While I know it's unlikely that Barsaatein will follow the same storyline, there has been a lot of similar scenes and instances.

Both the shows are based in a newsroom where Kushal is the boss and the female lead (Kainaat) is the employee, Kainaat asks Kushal to practice smiling genuinely post which he spend an entire day just practicing his smile and weirding everyone out.

He is jealous and heartbroken thinking that Kainaat is dating his best friend. He doesn't believe in relationships because his father cheated his mother.

And the repeated mention of Barsaat reminds me of the webseries Baarish, which is being narrated in a flashback and the characters keep saying woh bhi baarish ka Mausam tha.

Also seeing the fast paced of the story, I sometimes felt that it's being treated a lot like a web series....where you have limited episodes to show everything. I feel like they could have taken their time to build upon the feelings of the characters. 

Edited by KaranSG_01 - 10 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rashi23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Yes this show is on the same lines as bebaakee. I don't know why Kushal agreed to do this character like it's exactly same character as sufi.

In that show because of third lead there was misunderstanding but here how they break up is what I am curious to know.

And also screenplay dekh ke lag raha hai bebaakee ka reference liya hai inhone. That was a web show but this is the TV show I hope they go at good pace in coming weeks.

Edited by Rashi23 - 10 months ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

I never watched it, but I did read the plot on wiki when I learnt that Barsatein was inspired by it.😆

DiscoDhokla thumbnail

Yes I have 😂😂 it was a bad remake of kahin toh hoga. Barsatein is Mish mash of all - barsatein and dil hi toh hai etc 

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7

I never watched Bebakee but heard abt it but honestly nothing can match KTH & Sujal Garewal(Rajeev Khandelwal) KTH was something else and Sujal Garewal is legend

The smiling scene was also in Kitani Mohabbhat Hai 1 and also in SRK Kal Ho Na Ho it becomes a common scene now but what is new is how the actors approach the scenes Kushal was awesome in it

Actually Barsatein has reference with many EK shows like Kavyanjali Kahiin To Hoga Kitani Mohabbhat Hai Bebakee to name a few brought back the old vibes of Ekta's passionate love stories which is lost now. Glad she brought back the old times i was seriously missing it

Currently Aradhana is narrating the fbs thus the pace is fast of how Aransh fall in love. The actual story will start after the break up than the pace will go as ITV standard of course with sony we do not need to fear that it will drag rounds & rounds like Bhagyas & Parineetii. We are safe on that part

The actual story will start when Reyansh breaks Aradhana heart & the concept of the show when even though Reyansh is all red flag still Aradhana still loves him deeply

Edited by Mages - 10 months ago
KaranSG_01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiscoDhokla

Yes I have 😂😂 it was a bad remake of kahin toh hoga. Barsatein is Mish mash of all - barsatein and dil hi toh hai etc 

I haven't seen Dil hi toh hai but I have heard a lot of people say that the storyline is very much similar. 

It is clear that Ekta is trying to bring her passionate romance genre with this show so there are a lot of similarities from many shows. 

KaranSG_01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mages

I never watched Bebakee but heard abt it but honestly nothing can match KTH & Sujal Garewal(Rajeev Khandelwal) KTH was something else and Sujal Garewal is legend

The smiling scene was also in Kitani Mohabbhat Hai 1 and also in SRK Kal Ho Na Ho it becomes a common scene now but what is new is how the actors approach the scenes Kushal was awesome in it

Actually Barsatein has reference with many EK shows like Kavyanjali Kahiin To Hoga Kitani Mohabbhat Hai Bebakee to name a few brought back the old vibes of Ekta's passionate love stories which is lost now. Glad she brought back the old times i was seriously missing it

Currently Aradhana is narrating the fbs thus the pace is fast of how Aransh fall in love. The actual story will start after the break up than the pace will go as ITV standard of course with sony we do not need to fear that it will drag rounds & rounds like Bhagyas & Parineetii. We are safe on that part

The actual story will start when Reyansh breaks Aradhana heart & the concept of the show when even though Reyansh is all red flag still Aradhana still loves him deeply

Kahin toh hoga was class. Aamna and Rajeev's chemistry was something else. I don't think anyone can match upto it. Bebakee was a sad remake of that story and considering they never came up with season 2, it seems incomplete. 

Also Kahin toh hoga had this freshness and certain innocence around it which Bebakee didn't. The extra marital affairs, homosexual angle..all of it seemed force fit. And Sufiyan's was a very toxic character. Even though Sujal made alot of mistakes, you could feel bad for him, something that I didn't feel for Sufiyaan. Nothing against Kushal, it was just how the character was written.

The 2000s love shows of Ekta had a different charm. Kahin toh hoga, Kavyanjali, Kaisa ye pyar hai...I could go back to watching it just for the sheer magic created by the actors.

DiscoDhokla thumbnail

Originally posted by: KaranSG_01

I haven't seen Dil hi toh hai but I have heard a lot of people say that the storyline is very much similar. 

It is clear that Ekta is trying to bring her passionate romance genre with this show so there are a lot of similarities from many shows. 

yeah ! This show is pura mish mash. I am not watching this for story anyways - i am here for cliche romance and chemistry which is a serve

Edited by DiscoDhokla - 10 months ago
taher33 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

I agree a lot of dil hi to hai vibes that too on Sony ! Wouldn’t they know the audiences would figure it out ! I love Shivangi’s  acting though she and Reysnsh have Ram kapoor traits from BALH- eating , acidity with pills and prawn allergies ! Why can’t they change things up the writers with some novelty !! Plus with a newsroom background they can add so much to the plot and story ! Every lead is rich hates women and it’s always because of something the leads mom did in his past 🤦🏻‍♀️

DiscoDhokla thumbnail

Originally posted by: taher33

I agree a lot of dil hi to hai vibes that too on Sony ! Wouldn’t they know the audiences would figure it out ! I love Shivangi’s  acting though she and Reysnsh have Ram kapoor traits from BALH- eating , acidity with pills and prawn allergies ! Why can’t they change things up the writers with some novelty !! Plus with a newsroom background they can add so much to the plot and story ! Every lead is rich hates women and it’s always because of something the leads mom did in his past 🤦🏻‍♀️

only if itv could make good content - but there are other platforms for that. ITV pe yehi chalta hai unfortunately