Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 1 years ago

Child marriage is a big problem in Pakistan. According to UNICEF, nearly 19 million girls in Pakistan are married while still in childhood and 23 percent of girls do not even get to the ninth or 10th grade.

Actualy I think "Mayi Ri" drama tries to increase the awareness of the audience and striving to drive social change.

It could be a lesson in changing the behaviours of audience by teaching them that they can't always expect fun and vigour in dramas made about social issues.

I hope the remaining episodes continue to maintain the authenticity of the subject matter.

So I would request my brothers and sisters dont make controversy about this drama which made on social issues.

madhuvan thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Child marriage is a big problem in Pakistan. According to UNICEF, nearly 19 million girls in Pakistan are married while still in childhood and 23 percent of girls do not even get to the ninth or 10th grade.

Actualy I think "Mayi Ri" drama tries to increase the awareness of the audience and striving to drive social change.

It could be a lesson in changing the behaviours of audience by teaching them that they can't always expect fun and vigour in dramas made about social issues.

I hope the remaining episodes continue to maintain the authenticity of the subject matter.

So I would request my brothers and sisters dont make controversy about this drama which made on social issues.

They already went way beyond social issue by showing her pregnant and all social media shipping them

Balika Vadhu was so much better. This is setting horrible precedent and I hate how they are making mockery of such a sensitive issue

shruti46 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

I don't think so bcz I saw a bts where Aina was holding a baby

Okay and in the teaser they showed fakhir holding baby. They want to show negative effects of teen pregnancy etc etc.

But what will they show in ending, annie fakhir and their baby living happily ever after????

shruti46 thumbnail

You were so right..she is pregnant. I wonder how did this even happen. I guess that's the reason they stopped showing one of them sleeping on sofa.

This is not possible for viewer like me who watches whole epi in clipssmiley37

Also the way Aini's mother was shocked and said Ye kaise ho sakta hai??? How did she think this happened? 🙄🙄

Bird and bees ka gyan nahi diya tha?

Also, Aini was shocked. I mean ofcourse they are teenagers. Wouldn't have thought about protection but...

Pardon my language but if they are old enough to do the deed they should know about consequences too.

Now they won't let her continue her studies.. I want to see Faqir and Aini's reaction and interaction together..

I guess, they wanted to show the cons of child marriage. I mean they don't think about protection and get pregnant and then find it difficult to deal with the consequences.

Word Count: 1

shruti46 thumbnail

This is what I was saying. But they had stopped showing them taking turns with sleeping on sofa though

Another mystery that will remain unsolvedsmiley37

Originally posted by: shruti46

Okay and in the teaser they showed fakhir holding baby. They want to show negative effects of teen pregnancy etc etc.

But what will they show in ending, annie fakhir and their baby living happily ever after????

No idea about ending. I am not advocating this. But teenage pregnancy is a reality. I understand everyone's opinion as well. But, I don't think makers are doing anything wrong by showing this. I mean not in every teenage marriage couples are unhappy with eachother. Especially in environment where early marriage is a norm. They face difficulties afterwards like being responsible, taking care of the partner, where they are expected to behave like adults, become pregnant and then can't accept that they have child. So if handled properly, no worries. I mean they should not show either one of them to be negative or everything to be rosy..

Agreed. If he was old enough to have girlfriend, then both being intimate with eachother, they should have thought about protection and consequences. Isn't aini an intelligent girl. Especially in today's world, I can't accept that they didn't think of the consequences.

I don't understand why Aini's mother was shocked. Ye kaise hosakta hai ka kya matlab. They were living together. Teenagers especially are over enthusiastic. What did she think will happen.

Originally posted by: shruti46

Another mystery that will remain unsolvedsmiley37

Well they were being awkward and more touchy. So we should just understand that. Haha.

shruti46 thumbnail

Agreed. If he was old enough to have girlfriend, then both being intimate with eachother, they should have thought about protection and consequences. Isn't aini an intelligent girl. Especially in today's world, I can't accept that they didn't think of the consequences.

I don't understand why Aini's mother was shocked. Ye kaise hosakta hai ka kya matlab. They were living together. Teenagers especially are over enthusiastic. What did she think will happen.

Correct me if I am wrong there was glass of milk which annie drinks hurriedly on wedding night. So they clearly prepared things for the Deed . Now she saying kaise, kyu

shruti46 thumbnail

Annie may be intelligent but she deprived of male love. Her father doesnt respect her mother. Never got that fatherly love, protection.

Fakhir on other hand doing all these things supports her, her dreams, studies. Takes stands for her. So slowly she got attracted towards him.