Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlueWaters20 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Oh my God. I only started watching this drama last week and I am shocked by how the writers are choosing to handle a topic as serious as child marriage. They've actually done more to normalise it instead of warning against it.

Fakhir and Annie don't seem to be enduring any real negative consequences from their marriage. Instead they are shown to be mature and are taking anything life throws at them in their stride. They are handling marriage better than a lot of adults do. Fakhir especially seems to be the perfect husband. How many dramas actually show fully grown men taking a stand for their wife the way child husband Fakhir does?

This pregnancy story line is frankly sick. Annie is what 15/16 years old? Pregnancy at that age should be physically and mentally destroying her. Yet here you have Annie once again dealing with her situation without any negative consequences? I'm sorry but I can't for a moment believe that a 16 year old child who wants to become an engineer didn't break down when she found out she is pregnant. I can't for a minute believe that she didn't express wanting to get rid of the baby or struggle with being forced to carry a baby to term. .

This drama feels like the Pakistani equivalent to 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager'. A show that is supposed to warn against teen pregnancy (and in this case marriage as well because in Pakistan you can't show pregnancy without marriage) but ends up normalising/glamorising it instead.

Edited by BlueWaters20 - 1 years ago
shruti46 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

That's called consoling herself. In precap, she was saying inko itni jaldi is rishte me baandke galti kardi.

Wasn't she the one who agreed for her daughter's marriage bcz her hubby threatened to divorce her.

Also, I am shocked with Faqir's mom's attitude as well. Urrghhhh

Nayi nayi business woman banne ka shauk chada hai

shruti46 thumbnail

No one actually thought of abortion smiley18

Originally posted by: shruti46

Nayi nayi business woman banne ka shauk chada hai

I mean I am shocked at her bossy behaviour and the way she is ordering Annie's mother to do all the work and she has no regard for Aini's pregnancy and health. She knows Aini is very young and pregnant, fainting occasionally. Still no regard. . Urrrghhh! Wasn't she the one who was against the child marriage when compared to others. Huh!!!

No one actually thought of abortion smiley18

Why would they? Married their children bcz he wanted to see Aulad ki khushi and bache before dying 🤷🤷 Whole purpose of the marriage is this....

Though Aini and Faqir could have thought about it. But ye log ko protection nahi pata toh why would they think about abortion..

shruti46 thumbnail

Why would they? Married their children bcz he wanted to see Aulad ki khushi and bache before dying 🤷🤷 Whole purpose of the marriage is this....

Though Aini and Faqir could have thought about it. But ye log ko protection nahi pata toh why would they think about abortion..

But his father died naa. He saw them getting married. Hogya ab.

Yeah most frustrating scenario is with fakhir and annie why didn't they sat and discussed this pregnancy. Kya karna chahiye kya nahi..

Also does fakhir knows what annie is going through?? She is studying, doing household chores, fainting. Can't he see.. He himself comes home like he has came back after climbing everest

Edited by shruti46 - 1 years ago
shruti46 thumbnail

I mean I am shocked at her bossy behaviour and the way she is ordering Annie's mother to do all the work and she has no regard for Aini's pregnancy and health. She knows Aini is very young and pregnant, fainting occasionally. Still no regard. . Urrrghhh! Wasn't she the one who was against the child marriage when compared to others. Huh!!!

On one stand she is talking about how after so much time khushi ki khabar had come to their house. Take care of yourself and blah blah and on other she is asking her to do household work . Ab toh maid laga de. Ghar, business mil gaya, malkin ban gayi ab toh sab tere hath mai hai

But his father died naa. He saw them getting married. Hogya ab.

Yeah most frustrating scenario is with fakhir and annie why didn't they sat and discussed this pregnancy. Kya karna chahiye kya nahi..

Also does fakhir knows what annie is going through?? She is studying, doing household chores, fainting. Can't he see.. He himself comes home like he has came back after climbing everest

It's weird bcz before pregnancy announcing he was always saying ke isko padne do, kaam mat karaao. Now after pregnancy kya hogaya 😂

Suddenly unable to handle business also. Ye kya hai

On one stand she is talking about how after so much time khushi ki khabar had come to their house. Take care of yourself and blah blah and on other she is asking her to do household work . Ab toh maid laga de. Ghar, business mil gaya, malkin ban gayi ab toh sab tere hath mai hai

They are rich people and when you have so many people living in the house, how can she expect just Ayesha and Aini to do everything. Wasn't she the one who was complaining about household chores and how it's too much. Now it's all in her hands so itna Natak. Ye Faqir hi rakhdete ek maid for his biwi 🤷

shruti46 thumbnail

They are rich people and when you have so many people living in the house, how can she expect just Ayesha and Aini to do everything. Wasn't she the one who was complaining about household chores and how it's too much. Now it's all in her hands so itna Natak. Ye Faqir hi rakhdete ek maid for his biwi 🤷

Vo toh baap banne par pagal hua pada hai