The eternal debate between rain and shine: Many moods of Monsoon

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

How beautiful is the rain! It clatters along the roofs like a trampling of hooves! From the throat of the overflowing spout! 

Why do poets and writers adore the rainy season? What is there in the  enchanting cloud canopy that loves to cover the earth?

What is it about that mizzle that gives zing to romance? 

Why do many hearts leap into fantasy when raindrops enthusiastically hit the window glass? 

Rain has an innate beauty that provides vitality for growth.  

At the same time, rain causes many people to feel dull and depressed. It curtails movement, causes stillness in the heart and soul, and creates longing for something that cannot be expressed in words! 

Rain is romantic for some and repellent for others; rain promotes growth on Earth and alleviates melancholy in the human soul! Both perspectives are related and valid.

What does it remind you of when it rains, or how does it inspire you when it rains? 

Let us traverse this rainy season with some refreshing interactions to relax and revitalize after a long, scorching summer.

Simply share your rain-related memories and how you love to spend a drizzly day during the monsoons.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

Tagging a few more friends to share their feelings on rain or shine!

Nichuss thumbnail

i am big fan f rain..... ❤️ rain always reminds my childhood days.... my house ... old window sides before renovation.....

siting near window and looking thru rain splattering through roof and falling on shrubs near my house...... and leaves murmers.... 

making paper boats and trying to sail them in stream formed by rain near the house and looking thru...it flowing around and finally getting drown on the stream....

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nichuss

i am big fan f rain..... ❤️ rain always reminds my childhood days.... my house ... old window sides before renovation.....

siting near window and looking thru rain splattering through roof and falling on shrubs near my house...... and leaves murmers.... 

making paper boats and trying to sail them in stream formed by rain near the house and looking thru...it flowing around and finally getting drown on the stream....

Yes, rainy season brings all those childhood memories! 

Rainy season in our ancestral village means, freshly planted rice and sugarcane saplings, alluring swings hanging from tamarind and mango trees, and floral bushes and shrubs dancing in the backyard for the gentle touch of rain drops! Those were the days, no exam tensions, no kids' responsibilities, only gleeful giggles while watching the rain! 😃

Edited by Viswasruti - 10 months ago
Nichuss thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Yes, rainy season brings all those childhood memories! 

Rainy season in our ancestral village means, freshly planted rice and sugarcane saplings, alluring swings hanging from tamarind and mango trees, and floral bushes and shrubs dancing in the backyard for the gentle touch of rain drops! Those were the days, no exam tensions, no kids' responsibilities, only gleeful giggles while watching the rain! 😃

yep

fresh n clear minds....

happy and cheerful....

MochaQueen thumbnail

I love the sunshine, because we barely get 2 months of it here Rain to poora saal hi hoti hai, im fed up of it😆

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

I love the sunshine, because we barely get 2 months of it here Rain to poora saal hi hoti hai, im fed up of it😆

Very true Hinna, ❤️Sunshine is a source of energy for the earth, much like rain is an elixir to life. Both elicit creative expression in us. 

missFiesty_69 thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 5 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Tagging a few more friends to share their feelings on rain or shine!

It would seem very cliché but I loveee the rain. There's something about the smell of earth, the whole atmosphere seems so lovely that never seems to make me smile wide! 

Remembering how chupke chupke beekh jaate hain, just watching the rain from my windows, how the flowers have droplets of water in them  

Anything more than required loses its value, similarly too much of rain causes disaster, problems to the people, but the first drop of rain is always something awesome! (Atleast to me) ❤️

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

In Mumbai, rain starts with- what lovely initially to vaat laavli after an hr 😆.

When one gets fully drenched. Umbrella covers only your head. Gutsy winds. Thunder & lightening. I am not complaining 😆. But Mumbai rain is all about people going out, inspite of Orange alert. We are not surprised when forecast of heavy rains, Orange alert, are just dry days & nights. 😆

Going out in heavy rains is an adventure most of us like. 😆

We enjoy rains with mint & ginger tea along with pakodas, corn vada. 😆

We like rains as much as Sunshine.

Happy rains & happier Sunshine. ⭐️

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

In Mumbai, rain starts with- what lovely initially to vaat laavli after an hr 😆.

When one gets fully drenched. Umbrella covers only your head. Gutsy winds. Thunder & lightening. I am not complaining 😆. But Mumbai rain is all about people going out, inspite of Orange alert. We are not surprised when forecast of heavy rains, Orange alert, are just dry days & nights. 😆

Going out in heavy rains is an adventure most of us like. 😆

We enjoy rains with mint & ginger tea along with pakodas, corn vada. 😆

We like rains as much as Sunshine.

Happy rains & happier sunshine!⭐️  --- Well said, Mina. 🤗Honeyed rain before a golden sun promises new rainbows for the day.

Apt description of Mumbai rains, Mina. ❤️ Whenever I am in Mumbai... I drool over its massive structures and its sheer beauty. While going to Colaba Causeway side, or  Bombay University Rajabhai Tower side,  I always prefer to look at the architectural excellence through the glass window, realizing  that how these structures have seen several instances of this naive teenager hovering around with a bundle of books in hand, learning how to cross those busy Fort area roads, stopping in-between to look at pavement 'pustak bhandaars' in search of a rare gem from a well-known author, not knowing that one day I will be at the same spot with my kids in tow, comparing it with New York and Sydney, with a smile admitting that Amchi Mumbai is not lesser than those cities in any way⭐️. Mumbai and it's magnificence, nurtured many of my dreams, I owe a major part of my growing up to this city and those incessant rains. The watery alphabet of the clouds comes to write a stormy story on every umbrella in Mumbai's rainy season!