Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Redflag

Awesome analysis ๐Ÿ‘

Today I missed dada ji's comedy ๐Ÿคฃ

Beautiful episode

My most favorite part was Garv feeding pani puri to Titli

His anger will gonna hamper his married life definitely

I am totally enjoying all TiRv moments.

Yeh show sirf abusive marriage pe nehi bana hai real mein bhi buhut log love marriage karte hain per after marriage they faces difficulties bcoz of different opinion. Jab pyaar hota hai thoda thoda compromise kar lete hain per shaadi ke baad usi ki wajah se ladai hoti hai I think that's what makers wants to convey

Thank you!

Loll, I hope to see more of him in the upcoming episodes. ๐Ÿ˜†

You're right about the marriage. Aur yahan toh inn dono ne itna time bhi nahi spend kiya ek dusre ke saath jo yeh ek dusre ko jaan sake. So inn ke beech aur bhi zyaada problems hongi.

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

am reminded of this tamil movie which had a really hilarious take on trying to please a rishta for arranged marriage and how it backfires on her.

the guy aravind wants an independent woman with her own mind. however, ramya is so desperate to make this marriage happen that she pretends to be a total doormat even though she is a total different personality -- aggressive she-devil as krishna (aravind's friend) describes her ๐Ÿคฃ

krishna has run into her a few times and knows her from childhood. so he knows her real personality. however, her sister keeps telling her to make this rishta happen and pretend to be super nice and just go along with whatever aravind wants because that is how you impress guys. in the end, aravind rejects her for being a doormat because he actually can't stand such women. ๐Ÿ˜‚

managed to find eng subbed version of the movie. the quality isn't good but you can see the comedy scene where ramya desperately tries to pretend to be a doormat girl who has no opinion of her own ๐Ÿ˜‚ (37-47)

aravind's rejection of ramya is also well-written and it conveys how suffocating a doormat FL would be for some men who want more (57-1)

https://youtu.be/8qN66u1f6rQ?t=2232

the movie, 'kanda naal mudhal' was written and directed by a woman and her specific point she wanted to convey through the movie was that you should just be yourself and not be an idiot in trying to please some guy. ๐Ÿ˜† while the movie came out in 2005, the message is still apt.

The movie sounds great Mango! Will have to look for another link as the one you shared is blocked here in Canada. =/

Another thing to point out is that in arranged marriages, I don't think anyone is being true to themselves as they're all aiming to impress the other party. It's only after multiple meetings in different contexts do we really get to know what the other person is actually like.

Redflag thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Yeahh, we already got glimpses of it from Sanket and his behavior was borderline on the extreme side. Aur yeh haal iska shaadi se pehle tha. Post marriage toh aur bhi zyada ho jayega.

You know what my worst fear is post marriage they will reveal Garv holed up on Titli's boat
asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: Leah347

Great analysis againnn! ๐Ÿค—

I found Titli a little bit too submissive today, idk if anyone else thought so? She didnโ€™t wear the nose ring because she wanted to make him happy and wore an entire lehenga to a date without a second thought because he wanted to see her in what she wore the first time they met and wonโ€™t voice her opinion on things she likes. Or I am overthinking this? Just previously found her more open. Like I wish sheโ€™d think about herself too until itโ€™s gone for too long and she realises sheโ€™s started losing her identity in the process.

Also thoughts- could Garv have anger blackouts? Because both from the promo and the last episode he always seems to look shocked by his actions. Itโ€™s not disassociative personality disorder because heโ€™s aware of his anger and knows/realises his actions but itโ€™s super weird.

Thank you! ๐Ÿค—

No, a few of us have thought the same. There was a misunderstanding regarding what they had considered to be their first meeting, so I passed that off. But when Titli refused to be honest about her food preferences for the second time just to keep Garv happy, that's when I started having a problem. Had Garv known better, I'm sure he would have gone with something that she would have thoroughly enjoyed.

Alas, Garv has stated now that Titli doesn't need to hesitate in voicing her preferences before him so I'm hoping that Titli follows through with it. If she doesn't, then we won't even be able to completely blame Garv as it's Titli who purposely refused to voice her opinion and suppress her desires in an effort to please him.

Hmm, I've never thought about that before. I've always taken his shock to mean that he has come to realize what he has done and is processing his guilt. It will be interesting if he does get blackouts though.

asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: Redflag

You know what my worst fear is post marriage they will reveal Garv holed up on Titli's boat

He looks to be the most likely candidate. He has the power, money and janoon to do it. ๐Ÿ˜†

Redflag thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 6

He looks to be the most likely candidate. He has the power, money and janoon to do it. ๐Ÿ˜†

aisa kuch dikhaya na to uss din bande ki kher nehi
mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

The movie sounds great Mango! Will have to look for another link as the one you shared is blocked here in Canada. =/

Another thing to point out is that in arranged marriages, I don't think anyone is being true to themselves as they're all aiming to impress the other party. It's only after multiple meetings in different contexts do we really get to know what the other person is actually like.

aww, too bad. there is another youtube link (EAS cinemas) but not sure if that is also region specific.

in arranged marriage, there is definitely the pressure to act a certain way which is what the movie was poking fun at. but it also happens with dating as well. there are many girls who act so out of character that you wonder who is this person you knew. then you meet them again after they break up. ๐Ÿ˜‚

so titli going a bit overboard seems in line -- people are too in love with being in love.

P.S -- something from the movie: aravind is really frustrated at the lack of chemistry and he feels it is because ramya agrees with him on everything. so he complains that there is no push pull, spark feels.

so it made me think about two couples in this drama: manikant is annoyed with koyal because she tries to please him too much. basically all these years, she has been trying to win his heart by trying to be a doormat but it hasn't worked. will titli also meet the same fate? garv fell in love with her because she challenged him. if she is always trying to please him, then will he become like manikant and despise her?

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

aww, too bad. there is another youtube link (EAS cinemas) but not sure if that is also region specific.

in arranged marriage, there is definitely the pressure to act a certain way which is what the movie was poking fun at. but it also happens with dating as well. there are many girls who act so out of character that you wonder who is this person you knew. then you meet them again after they break up. ๐Ÿ˜‚

so titli going a bit overboard seems in line -- people are too in love with being in love.

P.S -- something from the movie: aravind is really frustrated at the lack of chemistry and he feels it is because ramya agrees with him on everything. so he complains that there is no push pull, spark feels.

so it made me think about two couples in this drama: manikant is annoyed with koyal because she tries to please him too much. basically all these years, she has been trying to win his heart by trying to be a doormat but it hasn't worked. will titli also meet the same fate? garv fell in love with her because she challenged him. if she is always trying to please him, then will he become like manikant and despise her?

The EAS one works! I'll watch it today.

Hmm, Idk if the pleasing aspect will fully apply to Manikant and Koyal. I mean yes she does everything she can to please him, but there are so many rough aspects to her that repels Manikant as well. Her being a doormat isn't the sole reason. As for TiRv, I don't think Garv fell in love with her because she challenged him specifically. I think it was more so for the independence she showed when it came to saving Monica's marriage. That was the major factor, and then everything else about her came as an afterthought and was used as supplementary reasons to further prove his love. Cuz from their initial interactions, I saw a mutual attraction but nothing that screamed out love. With regards to Garv despising Titli, I think it's going to come from the lies she tells him. So far we have seen two things that trigger Garv greatly about Tilti: her lying to him and her prioritizing or considering someone special other than him. He's essentially looking for an honest love that is also all consuming. I don't think Titli will be able to provide that to him.