OS - Of Heroes, Damsels & a little bit of moonlight❤️

Dreamer555 thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

‘Please Aditya, please come out!’ Ginny said, her eyes now blood shot with tears. ‘Please, for heaven sake do not leave me alone. Not now, please!’ She fell to the ground, sobbing.

‘Ginny, look at me! Just this once, look at me!’ Adi said. Slowly, Ginny lifted her eyes, fighting against tears which threatened to crush them with its weight. 

Adi’s face was placid & a smile played about his lips, almost rendering him a celestial glow. ‘Ginny!’ He said, his voice impregnating the air between them with a calm, which wrapped around Ginny, making her immune to the hot flames prancing around her. 

‘I know the timing is a little bit odd, but I want to tell you a little story. Now please do not pounce on me with that hot temper of yours, it is a bit too warm here already, right?!’ He laughed, making Ginny smile through her tears. 

‘So once upon a time, there lived a little boy who would never open his eyes because it would burn fiercely every time he did. He fought, he shouted, he cursed, but then slowly, the dark became his home. There was no him, there was only hate, there was only rage. Against the light which never seemed to want him, which had deserted him to a kind of pain which he couldn’t feel physically, but it lived within him & its tentacles were wrapped around him, everywhere. In the air he breathed, in the water he drank. It had no origin, no end, it was just pain. All over, all around.

Then one day, he felt a soft whisper in his ear, asking him to slowly open his eyes. He disregarded it, he thought it must be the devilish, crooked fate playing cruel games with him, prodding his wounds. But the whisper slowly grew into a warm voice, so sweet & melodious, that he had to give in. Just this once, he thought. And then, he opened his eyes.

‘It was still dark. He began to feel the rage rise up him again, like a slithering, poisonous snake rearing its ugly head, ready to spit its venom. But then, the darkness around him became less darker, as if someone was dripping white onto a palette which was painted pitch black. And slowly, he saw a little globe of light, white in color, round in shape, pristine in manner. 

‘It is the moon!’ Someone whispered. The boy turned his head to find a beautiful angel beside him. ‘It is not as bright as the sun, but still, it is the light of the ones who are lost in the dark.’ Adi paused, looked at Ginny who was listening to him as if those words were the breath that kept her alive & said, ‘Ginny, do you know what the angel looked like?’

‘You.’ He said, tears now glistening in his eyes, ‘You are the angel who led me to the moonlight, who liberated me from the darkness that I had made home. And even now, despite the terrible heat of the flames, I’m swarmed only by the mellow, divine light of the moon because you are here. Love is a small word for what I feel about you, Ginny. You are the light of my soul, the moon to my night! And if I get out of here alive, I’m going to make sure that I spent every moment of my life with you. I want to love you like there is no tomorrow, I want to have a beautiful daughter with you, I want to hold her little hands in one arm and yours in another, & then one day die in your bosom listening to your heart beats, knowing that you’ll be my light in any life I may have.’ 

‘Chup! Ek dum chup!’ Ginny bellowed. ‘If you really love me, then come back for me. Else trust me, I’m not going to be angel anymore.’ 

Adi, who was feeling battered & emotional suddenly let out a giggle, ‘Well, I mean, You needn’t be an angel all the time, okay? I like playing with smart little devils, especially when night falls!’ He winked, and Ginny couldn’t help but smile at the handsome face. 

‘Now let the damsel help the hero in distress!’ She said, holding out her hand & laughing.

Few days later (After Adi-Ginny’s remarriage):

‘Please stand still Adi, let me sew the buttons in place.’ Ginny said, her eyes screwed in concentration. ‘Well, someone should’ve taken a bit more care yesterday night, right?’ Adi said, his eyes glinting. Ginny poked the needle back to his Kurta & replied, ‘Aha! I seem to faintly remember a handsome face among the flames that said he likes angel turned smart little devils?’

And both of them laughed. On what was the first morning of a life which will always be full of moonlight, angels & yes, devils too😉

AN : Hellooo! Gowri here! Just penned this one in twitter for Channa’s first Anniversary, hope you guys like it too❤️