Dhruv Tara marriage track in the 17th century vs 21st century

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 months ago

With so many characters in the show openly proclaiming that D-T milan cannot take place in the 17th century (Maharani was the latest today), these statements + Dhruv's brahma muhurta dream clearly seem to indicate that the writers feel D-T staying together has to happen in the 21st century only smiley6

I've always personally thought past time travel was kinda more logical than future time travel (a future person is not technically dead when he travels to the past, but a past person is already technically dead in the future ), and was always hoping for a dedicated D-T 17th century marriage + stay in that time track, ideally with Dhruv picking up more skills and using his knowledge of the future at various points in the past (versus the English, vs other kings etc)

The biggest problem with the 21st century track is that it'll straight up become a saas-bahu one (Susheela will 200% have problems with Tara after knowing about Ravi), and you might even have Ayesha ready to be Pakhi 2.0 here smiley24.

Which would be an absolute waste of potential, because you can clearly see that Riya Sharma aces the fierce warrior princess act and look very well.

Her best scenes IMO so far in this show.

The scene where she unveils herself and walks into Dhruv's room on his first evening in the palace

The look and warning she gives Tarun with the chakram, and her act in the subsequent water and feather scene.

Today's scene with Senapati defending Dhruv.

Still hoping against hope for a continued 17th century marriage + stay track, but let's see. Or in the worst case, a 21st century track away from Dhruv's family.

I also think there's better scope for drama  in Dhruv learning 17th century skills (horse riding, sword fighting, disguise etc) than Tara learning 21st century ones (which will essentially only be English and medicine). There are plenty of third party antagonists in the 17th century which lend easily to drama (Senapati himself; other neighbouring kings, the English) and you can maybe even have tracks with guerrilla warfare, Dhruv being a doctor/fighter/diplomat in a warzone and D-T trying to regain their kingdom with Mahavir.

You can probably even have the King saying that he won't accept Dhruv as a SIL unless he learns key 17th century skills. Enough drama to prolong the D-T marriage and acceptance. 

If you have D-T married and coming to the 21st, there's not much else to show there apart from Sushi's continuous dislike of Tara and Maharani for hurting Ravi. If she accepts Tara, the drama quotient goes, and you'll inevitably have to end the show in due course (not to mention that younger viewers would have already run away when saas-bahu started)

Just my $0.02 on the subject- If any of the writers from the show are reading, hopefully it sparks some thinking on the issue. I've already posted this in the EDT- but it might get lost in that maze, so putting this up as a separate thread too.

TLDR- Dhruv and Tara marrying and staying in the 17th century has a better scope to implement drama tracks than D-T in the 21st century, and more importantly, will avoid the inevitable saas-bahu conflict. The pairing (Riya and Ishaan) is a promising one with loads of potential on paper, and it would be a shame to see it squandered and go waste if the track becomes saas-bahu dominated.

Edited by aekiel - 11 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Utkarsha999 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Honestly 21st century track was good

But 17th century track holds different and unique vibes which is so beautiful to watch love each and everything about 17th century track

So I will prefer to watch DT after marriage journey here in 17th century onlyπŸ‘πŸΌ

Tia-life thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I was thinking that they can bring Dhruv family too in 17th century and create issue due to language barrier, it will be much fun to see ,like susheela and maharaj at difference, seeing the modern living way by the royal family,their different mannerism , Dharmendra Khatti's lovestory , DhruvTara's constant problem in maintaining both sides, also giving some screen space to Jaisha ,or bring Tarun too .

I too love 17th century track but also missing Dhruv's family . They can bring them and show some mild drama funny tracks instead of saas - bahu drama.

Edited by Tia-life - 11 months ago
MyDriYa thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

@Tia-life

Dharmendra and Katti's love story πŸ‘πŸΌ 

I would like to see DT in 25th Century πŸ€—

Traveling to Future!