Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: bakhtaavar

this movie released in theaters a couple of years back and didn't worked at all. It's a re release because they wanna cash in TKF & TKS success

Did it? I know the movie premiered on International Film Festival of India in 2019, and the director got a National Award for this movie in 2021. But when did it get a theatrical release? And where is the old trailer of the movie?

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Originally posted by: Clochette

I won't tell you what I think about Germany's current state of affairs here in this forum which deals with the Hindi/Indian filmindustry...and if there weren't certain kind of discussions about certain movies supported by current politics, I probably would not even write about Indian politics and my own reservations...

I had been several times in India, Max...and not once as a tourist but for work, experiencing Indian life. During all my stays, I mainly used public transport and never lived in a first class hotel but in a hostel or middle class hotel. My personal contacts had only be Indians and even if they did not understand English, there was still an understanding.

Nevertheless, it's your prerogative to make you an image of the person I probably be. So be it! 😊

And you're right, without the six Hindi mainstream movies one gave me to watch to get me out of a beginning depression (five of them with SRK), I would not be here and tell you about my opinions relative to politics.

I get the emotional connect and the reason why you are an SRK fan now Clochette..and I am sorry for whatever you had to go through as far as mental health is concerned. Yes SRK movies have that magic and healing touch..DDLJ is a movie I can watch a 100 times and still laugh and have a beaming smile everytime I watch it.

But India is a much more complex country, beyond my and your understanding. Like sev puri said, there are a lot of vote banks and factions..particularly in tier 2 and tier 3 cities..think of EU as one country and what would happen then..? India is a much more complex brown version of EU with every state having its own culture, tradition, customs and so on and so forth, add to that more than 10 religions being practiced. I get that you dont like the current ruling party..you dont have to either..but to constantly undermine Indian citizens and their intelligence by saying that hey everything is manipulated and everyone is either brainwashed or the democracy doesnt exist..is frankly very offensive. Like I said before, you are likely to follow a Dhruv Rathee..and I am likely to follow a J Sai Deepak..we can never meet on the same plane..because we both have our set of beliefs..as long as my country is being appreciated everywhere in the world and and brings respect for us Indians, wherever we are..I will support it...even the Labour Party in UK is talking about reseting relationship with India, after how that awful Jeremy Corbyn behaved.... Otherwise I remember how the goras had mocked us when CWG scam happened..which was shameful. But here is where you and I cannot relate..for me, I will look at it holistically, since I am an Indian and India as a whole makes a difference to me...but for you it is about one actor..and hence the view willl be coloured with respect to him and injustice metted out to him..even though he has faced worse stuff in America, when they detained him at the airport for being a Khan and is literally worshipped by so many Indians in India.

Edited by MaxMayfield - 1 years ago
Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

Ma’am..I urge to not worry about India and Indians..because we are clearly doing fine and getting applauded by the world 😆 there is a thing as creating fake narrative..which is what you have been doing for a while now about allegedly fudged 2019 elections etc…if you have a doubt about Modi’s popularity..that’s totally ok..you can look the other way even if US president gives him a grand welcome and Elon musk claims to be a fan of Modi 😆 your personal opinion stems from the fact that you are an SRK fan..😆 I mean who are we kidding really? And if you really want to know more about India..how about take a trip there first and see things for yourself first hand..instead of making opinions on the basis of your likings? As for NRIs voting for BJP..So what is it to you? I mean why are you so bothered about it? I don’t see you questioning a horrible Khalistani movement in Canada funded by NRI Canadians..or separatist movement of NRIs in UK who fund Kashmiris ..but you are so upset about BJP’s win in 2019..you will make up whatever you feel like..in any case..I would be more worried about Germany which has slipped into recession (if you really are a white European ie) than worry about India..which is a beacon of hope and brightest star this year..😆

I'm extremely impressed by your writing skills considering you're not even 10 yet, being born after 2014. Bravo!

No Indian PM has got the sort of reception from their International Peers than Dr MMS from awards being named after him to other PMs calling themselves his fan boys to standing ovations everywhere he went, including the US Congress. Here's an excerpt

https://twitter.com/AnshumanSail/status/1672108682635780096?s=20

https://twitter.com/Anudeep_Tweets/status/1672562265676185600?s=20

You think Modi will ever get anything like this?

He was also invited twice by the US for a formal visit. The most an Indian PM ever has. This is Modis first in almost 10 years. Did it make you feel proud then?

Also when the world criticisizes Modi you call it an International conspiracy but looks like you guys really desire that recognition. 😆

Simp any party, politician you want. But don't bring this fake OpIndia/ Whatsapp narrative here. I'm inclined to reply & I hate writing big posts. 😆

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

I'm extremely impressed by your writing skills considering you're not even 10 yet, being born after 2014. Bravo!

No Indian PM has got the sort of reception from their International Peers than Dr MMS from awards being named after him to other PMs calling themselves his fan boys to standing ovations everywhere he went, including the US Congress. Here's an excerpt

https://twitter.com/AnshumanSail/status/1672108682635780096?s=20

https://twitter.com/Anudeep_Tweets/status/1672562265676185600?s=20

You think Modi will ever get anything like this?

He was also invited twice by the US for a formal visit. The most an Indian PM ever has. This is Modis first in almost 10 years. Did it make you feel proud then?

Also when the world criticisizes Modi you call it an International conspiracy but looks like you guys really desire that recognition. 😆

Simp any party, politician you want. But don't bring this fake OpIndia/ Whatsapp narrative here. I'm inclined to reply & I hate writing big posts. 😆

who denied Dr MMS (lol)'s contributions..and btw I just love it when youll get personal😆☺️🤣 but his party masters got jealous of Dr Manmohan singh and ruined his second term..😆 so much for your love for "them"..keep appreciating dynasty politics for all I care..

yeah you are right, I simp and bring fake narratives.. and youll bring genuine news coverage and no conspiracy theories..😆whatever bruh..atleast you liked my writing skills☺️🤣 not my problem if you want to be blind to the recent praises Narendra Modi got..please continue your liberandu and Abdul jaap.😈

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

...DDLJ is a movie I can watch a 100 times and still laugh and have a beaming smile everytime I watch it.

But India is a much more complex country, beyond my and your understanding. Like sev puri said, there are a lot of vote banks and factions..particularly in tier 2 and tier 3 cities..think of EU as one country and what would happen then..? India is a much more complex brown version of EU with every state having its own culture, tradition, customs and so on and so forth, add to that more than 10 religions being practiced. I get that you dont like the current ruling party..you dont have to either..but to constantly undermine Indian citizens and their intelligence by saying that hey everything is manipulated and everyone is either brainwashed or the democracy doesnt exist..is frankly very offensive. Like I said before, you are likely to follow a Dhruv Rathee....

but for you it is about one actor...

Reducing your post to the points I want to respond...

@ bold: I know people who say the same about DDLJ.... I'm not among them although I love the movie watching it also in a Mumbai Cinema just to enjoy the company of the audience.

As for India, it's a clear "no"...it's not about one actor for me. Nevertheless, SRK is - apart of my family and close friends - the most important person in my life (for reasons that have nothing to do with fandom).

@ bold: All this I not only know intellectually, I feel it and I have a great respect for it...You have no idea about my love for India...otherwise I would not stress the damage Modi & Co are doing (still valuing the positive they do even in the negative as e.g. giving Kashmir a position that will be beneficiary to the state).

@ bold: I wonder from where you got the impression about my writing to use the words "constantly" and "everything" and "everyone"...and I never stated something about the intelligence of Indian citizens and that democracy doesn't exist. To me, that looks like an image you did build of me that hasn't much to do with the person I am.

@ bold: I already wrote, that Dhruv Rathee is of no importance to me...I just watched one of his videos to know about him and that was it (he lives in Germany, but he could live wherever and that would not change anything to me). I don't follow anybody, not even SRK...I go to read or watch people either regularly or randomly or by chance. I also am critical towards some so-called liberal persons that often are named here... I guess you would have a hard time to put me in a box 😉(it would have to be one without limits but with a lot of human values 😊)

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail

So either the makers changed the trailer or the censorboard got 'persuaded' to release it unchanged 😉

There is a reason why the (sexual) concept of the 72 virgins is used to make men act the way one wants them to act...

snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: PangaNaLe

So the whole movie is in black and white? Just like Bheed? Its actually interesting. They're showing the afterlife I believe. Doesn't really look anti-Muslim. Its focusing more on how youngsters are brainwashed into becoming terrorists. Right wing may not even like this film because the movie is humanizing the terrorists.

The concept of 72 virgins is not believed by all Muslims because its not written in Quran.

The Qur’anic verse can be found in sura 56:35–38, a narration about the perks if you get into the Islamic heaven. (which includes houris)

only the numbers are more explained in hadiths.

snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

why are these people bringing modi into everything. the movie is about islamists killing innocent people in the name of allah and also for houris.

one good thing about modi government is that civilians are able to openly express about terrorists.

islamists are irritated that people are bravely coming out in open and discussing the inhuman activities of such people.

Edited by snatch - 1 years ago
1003197 thumbnail

Originally posted by: snatch

The Qur’anic verse can be found in sura 56:35–38, a narration about the perks if you get into the Islamic heaven. (which includes houris)

only the numbers are more explained in hadiths.

that is talking about wife not houris.. And how do you know the houris are not kid / childrens that passed away before attaining the age of discretion?... The daughters that was buried alive by their parents?

Clochette thumbnail

I think, the promesses in the respective sura 57, one can read online...it's a very picturesque description of a paradise that one even could imagine like a paradise on earth (but it's only for those of the right side)...the right side reminds me of the Christian faith that Jesus took seat at God's right side after the resurrection.

"the right side" has a lot of meanings in human's life...