Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Loving2Missing2 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Idhar Udhar ki Baatein 😃

I had liked KTLK and watched every episode. The conflict in Ashutosh's mind about loving a woman half his age was depicted so very beautifully.

Even the pregnancy aspect came after much deliberation in the family and the Husband-wife. Initially, as typical in life, the senior generation suggested for baby planning. When Ashutosh mentioned the same to Nidhi, her natural reaction was miffing. Because she hasn't given baby any thought at her young age. Ashutosh pursued further, urging her he really wanted to have one and she came out clear that she needed time for her further education and career. Very beautifully, the duo agreed for 2 years time and Ashutosh stood by Nidhi when seniors kept pressurizing. A khushi track was brought in underlining Ashutosh's need for a child. Then another senior woman who is like Nidhi's mother explains to Nidhi, how Ashutosh feels the need for having his own family, has the need to relive the childhood he can't even remember, how he has lesser time than Nidhi. And then Nidhi came round to the idea.

Such writing brings depth to characters and relations. In NUKSH, everything is at the spur of the moment just to start next worse negative track. Not any proper consideration/pondering is given by either of the leads. The baby is coming in like how we start Antakshari" Baithe baithe kya kare, karna hai kuchh kaam, shuru karo baby pregnancy, lekar writers ka naam"

I remember the deliberation that I and my husband went through in every pregnancy of mine, family member's different reactions, our discussions and final decision, my insecurities...... Today, life feels beautiful with all those memories.

Why is negativity becoming crux of ITV? When will ITV mature to show conflicts powerfully that exist in real-life relations purely because of the situation and individual's traits? Isn't real life the source of maximum conflicts that we face?

Revutty thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MinnieMouse90

Sorry I disagree. I just watched few clips on insta on today's episode cud not feel anything coz of the crap they showed yesterday and will be showing in future. They have just ruined the essence. Everything look so forced to me. The damage they have done, I think there is no going back. Just my personal opinion.

I am not able to say anything about this show 😔😔😔😔😔. I am thinking about asking permission to moderator to start a separate thread for discussing fan fictions which are written here on NUKSH. May be there we can discuss something positively. What you guys say ?

Revutty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Revutty

I am not able to say anything about this show 😔😔😔😔😔. I am thinking about asking permission to moderator to start a separate thread for discussing fan fictions which are written here on NUKSH. May be there we can discuss something positively. What you guys say ?

Please say your views

Revutty thumbnail

Dev : Tumne meri life mein khushiyon kaa pitara khol Diya ? Kya mein tumhare liye chaat kaa dukan nahin khol sakta

How cute to hear that from Dev today

Dev ne kaise udaye Vidhi ko khusi mein jaise hi positive sune , mujhe meri vaali yaad aayi Aaj.....Sahi mein uss ehsas ke liye shabd hi nahi....

Chinie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sns23

Quick update:

Dev is upset and pacing. Vidhi is not yet home, he is sitting in the dark when she finally comes. She is about to cup his face, when he stops her, upset. Cannot do this scene justice - IQ was absolutely brilliant. Dev was upset, but still very respectful and dint raise his voice. He tells vidhi that he doesn’t understand why she isn’t seeing Jai for who he truly is, but he is advising her again, learn to read people well. Vidhi tries to say it’s her fault and not Jai’s, he’s in the hospital etc. but dev isn’t buying it. She asks him what Amba said and he is like she is mad. But before they can continue, vidhi is nauseous and goes to throw up. Dev is worried and calls the doc.

On the other hand Amba kicks Yogesh out and is lost, despondent.

Dev is waiting for vidhi who comes out of the loo. She has a preg test, but is too scared to see the result. Dev is like you did the hard part, we’ll see the result together. They hold hands, look at the result - it’s positive. Both of them are overjoyed ❤️ dev is like he is so happy he wants to light up all of Indore. He is like let’s tell mom and abhi etc. vidhi is like she is very happy too - but let’s wait for a confirmation from the doctor before we tell people. Dev is like that’s right, but we should celebrate.

They go to a pani puri store, but the guy has shut shop and is sleeping, Vidhi is like we will go somewhere else, but dev is like no. You want it from here, we will eat it from here. He goes and very respectfully and humbly asks the thelawala to make pani puri for his pregnant wife. Thela wala melts and is like ok. Vidhi is completely touched with how happy dev is. She remembers what her mom said about her being the only one who can give him the most meaningful gift. Dev tells her, by coming into his life, she completed his life but with this news, she has completed his whole world. Vidhi is touched and gives him a kiss ❤️❤️

the next morning, vidhi is working, but she isn’t feeling a 100%. Dev brings her breakfast and she tells him she doesn’t want to work today. He is like ok, give me the leave letter I’ll give it in your office. Vidhi is like how, jai is in the hospital. He is like you leave it to me.

satya, abhi and chithra are watching football, when vidhi comes. Satya is like what happened to you - dev said you were sick. Chithra is like are you going to give us some good news 😄. Both satya and chithra get excited for a few minutes. But then vidhi is like no, I’m just tired. Chithra and satya are a little disappointed, but they’re like watch the match with us.
their watching session is interrupted by police who come to tell chithra that Vikram is missing. They try to browbeat her a little and tell her that she can’t go anywhere. Satya is like chithra lives with us, why are you asking us where her husband is. The police guy is like let chithra do the talking. They take their leave saying chithra can’t leave the city. Vidhi tells them to tell Amba that they will fully cooperate. Smart confident vidhi is back for a second here.

Jai is in his office dreaming about how vidhi (was forced to) take care of him. Dev barges in - and he is like how are you, I thought you had a life threatening accident and couldn’t walk etc. but you seem fine. Jai is like yes it was serious, I had someone to help me though. Dev is unfazed. Jai tries to taunt him saying did you come to drop vidhi - let her be etc. dev is like vidhi can definitely manage a lot, she took care of your accident all by herself. He gives Jai her leave application, and tells him that vidhi is sick and is taking a day off. Jai starts panicking as to what happened to her and why she dint call him.

Precap : this is obviously jai’s dream, but he dreams vidhi comes to him begging him to save her from Dev. Jai has a gun and shoots dev

P.S - I tag a few people whom I interact with on these updates, if you’d like to be tagged or not tagged, please let me know!

Thanks for the updates.pls do tag me 🙂

scorpioangel04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I have watched KTLK ... it was also really beautiful

sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I used to watch KTLK too - abandoned it in the middle after they replaced the lead. I recently watched it again (during the whole divya track) and it was a pleasant reliving of the show.

The difference is between how the FL leads were written - nidhi was consistent - she was a little silly and immature to start with and they kept that consistent with her. She dint go from her core nature to this gyaan vani and back over and over again. Of course someone of her age wouldn’t want to think about kids right away. The writers invested in her growth as a character and it helped with the flow of the story as well.

Vidhi on the other hand has not been written in a consistent manner at all. she was shown to be young girl with an old soul/more mature for her age. But her behavior swings from one end to another. The only thing the writers have invested some time in is Vidhi fighting for is her identity (which they have incorrectly tagged to her ability to work). But her identity is not that - her core personality is one who wouldn’t ever give up on her loved ones. If you asked me before she got married if she would ever go up against her parents - I would have said hell no. But here she is working for a competitor. If you asked me after the first 50 episodes if she would ever not show up for Dev, I would be like hell no. Again recent episodes speak otherwise. Unfortunately her bad/rash decisions are always glorified/justified/forgiven because she served a higher purpose. No human being in todays day and age, let alone a young girl would do some of the things she did.
There has to be something about the main protagonists that has to be consistent, draws and keeps the audience in. I feel like vidhi gets the short end of the straw always. I can speculate about why and why not, but a lot of us know why and I don’t want to get into that today.

Anyways, I think I am reaching a point where I will take what I get and leave what I don’t like. For all the backlash I think the writers are receiving for the Jai nonsense I’m sure vidhi will do a 180 and give jai back good. At that time Dev’s character will suffer 🤷🏻‍♀️ and we’ll have another fit then.

On a different note - I was surprised to find out that the writer for the show is actually a woman 😱 how can a woman write a woman protagonist in such an inconsistent way.

MinnieMouse90 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

All show writers r mostly women. 😡

Loving2Missing2 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Baarish ke saath mera lifetime romance raha hai...... Here is my love to this monsoon showers❤️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVh4KtUSW3A

When great actors come in, they can generate beautiful chemistry. Enjoy.

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: sns23

I used to watch KTLK too - abandoned it in the middle after they replaced the lead. I recently watched it again (during the whole divya track) and it was a pleasant reliving of the show.

The difference is between how the FL leads were written - nidhi was consistent - she was a little silly and immature to start with and they kept that consistent with her. She dint go from her core nature to this gyaan vani and back over and over again. Of course someone of her age wouldn’t want to think about kids right away. The writers invested in her growth as a character and it helped with the flow of the story as well.

Vidhi on the other hand has not been written in a consistent manner at all. she was shown to be young girl with an old soul/more mature for her age. But her behavior swings from one end to another.

@bold- The difference is also the channel- Sony's characters are (generally) written well; Sitara not so much. KTLK was on Sony I think.

The whole character sketch might not just be the PH/writer's call- the channel can play a role too, and very few channels might be amiable for a laissez-faire attitude, especially those are constantly hungry for TRP's.

You can see neutral folks praise a few stories currently for their writing- Sapnon ki Chhalang, Dhruv Tara, Katha Ankahee and Vanshaj. The common denominator- they're all on Sony or SAB (which is also Sony owned).

Of course Sony these days have become slightly ruthless in the TRP game too (they ended IPZN, S9MK prematurely and even Chhalang is going to go off air soon), but in general, I'll trust a Sony show for better writing/characterisation than Sitara.

Edited by aekiel - 1 years ago