shivangi.bhatia thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I used to watch IPKKND when it first aired, and I was 19 years old then. Arshi scenes would invoke butterflies in my stomach. I had a huge crush on Barun, and would see every episode multiple times.

Now, after 12 years, I thought I would re-watch the entire series after I recently watched Barun in Batameez Dil and loved his performance.

But now, being a grown woman in a healthy relationship with a mature man (read marriage), I realize that ASR is a really toxic man. He is physically and emotionally abusive, rubs Khushi's miseries in her face constantly, has zero communication skills, and carries on a full fledged relationship with a girl who has practically changed her entire self to be with Arnav while harboring feelings for Khushi.

The question is not whether Lavanya has logical reasons to be with him, the point is that girl put in massive effort to be part of his life. Imagine someone doing this for you in real life in this day and age. I am sure she is not driven by money and status alone, she has her own. She is driven by feelings that may or may not be love, but still real emotions.

The worst part is that his abusive ways are witnessed by his entire family, most of whom are women! Nani pesters Lavanya for not knowing the traditional ways, but is not that hard on Arnav for not knowing how to respect women.

How can women allow such behavior of their male family member with 2 females : 1 is his employee and other is his to-be wife.

I realize this is a drama for entertainment purposes, but I CANNOT IMAGINE being in a relationship with such a man in real life. And I think that romanticizing physical and verbal hurt is irresponsible on makers' part.

Let's just say I would not want to be part of this family, and be life partner of ASR.

For me, the drama has not aged well..But not belittling the acting skills of cast. They did a great job.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail

I never watched the whole show, just a few episodes. I know the story line from the forum discussions. And you are right. He was not at all an ideal mate for anyone. He was arrogant, rude, obsessed with his own status, treated people like dirt. He was given a free pass because of the tragedy in the family. But that is no excuse. Khushi had her own tragedy. Did she ever behave like that?

But then they did show him changing and becoming a better man.

SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Arnav “was” toxic. His journey and character development was the entire story.

Anyway, Lavanya didn’t change for Arnav. She changed to impress his family. In that case Nani and Khushi were toxic. They were the people who wanted to change lavanya to “adarsh bahu”. Arnav didn’t want her to change. Yeah he shouldnt have hurted her feeling using engagement and marriage. Thankfully he apologised and they separated amicably.

MyheartbeatASR thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Arnav's character was not perfect he has many flows

Even I used to be 16 at its ongoing time

And was crazy over Arnav,

But ur r right now if thought of it there many seen where we can not imagine being in Khushi's place

But through the entire series we have seen him

Changing

And let's not forget him fighting over his feelings towards her was the all point of the show,

The feeling which he was not able to control.

Arnav is always gonna be my first love so not gonna change anything

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Arshi Analyzers

I think up until their second marriage they did a good job at maintaining that he was not someone who was an ideal partner or even a good husband for Khushi no matter how perfect they were for each other but I think by the end of the show they were glorifying him when dealing with Khushi's insecurities.

i do agree with you. there were a lot of double standards based off gender displayed throughout the show and consuming such content without critically engaging with it especially for impressionable audiences is absolutely no-go.

sk62 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

There might be many flows but Barun's acting as ASR will remain immortal in the history of Indian shows,the most handsome and complete actor as ASR.I never liked his characters and acting in other shows.He gave his 100 % as ASR.Those IPK days will remain as golden memory in the life of many .

1257887 thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

I'm so glad I'm not the only one here who feels this. Seriously I despise this show fir romanticizing abuse in the name of love. To think that the couple is considered as the most iconic with mostly female fanbase is problematic to the core.

You name it .. Sexual abuse, workplace harassment, mental, physical torture, what not he has done to her but still got away with it..

The female character is a bimbo.. Why would you chose such a man who has villified your name in your hometown Lucknow by circulating that fashion show video . I truly hate Shyam but had he not arrived that day khushi would have been gangr*ped in the open.

But still ahe goes RABBA VE with him..

This is completely unacceptable. Whenever any of ipkknd video pops up, I immediately press dislike and report for abuse.

https://youtu.be/v3mFWU352L4?feature=shared