What caused Vidyadhar's paralysis? (Piratīçā Vanavā Urī Peṭalā) - Page 10

Poll

How did Vidyadhar lose the use of his right arm and leg?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1215019 thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

When Arjun quit his job at Mahambare's company, he "returned his uniform" by taking off his shirt (keeping the pants), and he walked home in his undershirt through the streets of Kavathe-Bhairavgad.

Why would Arjun get totally flustered about Manali walking in on him wearing an undershirt and full-length pants in his home?

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

When Arjun quit his job at Mahambare's company, he "returned his uniform" by taking off his shirt (keeping the pants), and he walked home in his undershirt through the streets of Kavathe-Bhairavgad.

Why would Arjun get totally flustered about Manali walking in on him wearing an undershirt and full-length pants in his home?

same logic

Also he played Kusti the other day dressed like a newborn. Nobody batted an eye then. smiley36

Edited by Satrangi_Curls - 8 months ago
1215019 thumbnail

Somebody please coach Gaurav Malankar (Vidyadhar) and Puja Raibagi Dabke (Nanda) ... the second syllable in सदसद्विवेकबुद्धि - sad-asad-viveka-buddhi - discernment between honesty and dishonesty - needs to be pronounced fully, not elided into a conjunct consonant as सद्सद्विवेकबुद्धि - sad-sad-viveka-buddhi - discernment between honesty and honesty - which is meaningless!

Everybody in this family is so superstitious! Krishna'i, Vidyadhar, Vishvambhar, Balaram, Nanda ... instead of trying to find a hydrological explanation for the well filling and draining, they're only looking for a prophetic explanation!

Arjun isn't the heir ... but the well filled as prophesied ... and drained as not prophesied ... does not compute!

Krishna'i used to talk about Bhima'i's puṇyāī and shout out to her in heaven. Now it seems that they could never have met because Bhalachandra's first marriage was his guilty secret while he bilked Bhima'i out of Bāḷāsāheba's property.

1215019 thumbnail

On Tuesday's show, Vidyadhar told Nanda this "plan" - actually a subhāṣita in the Indravajrā metre:

संपूर्णकुम्भो न करोति शब्दम्

अर्धो घटो घोषम् उपैति नूनम् ।

विद्वान् कुलीनो न करोति गर्वं

जल्पन्ति मूढास् तु गुणैर् विहीनाः ।।

saṃpūrṇa-kumbho na karoti śabdam

ardho ghaṭo ghoṣam upaiti nūnam

vidvān kulīno na karoti garvaṃ

jalpanti mūḍhās tu guṇair vihīnāḥ

A full pot makes no noise

A half-pot tends to rattle, surely

An educated, well-bred man doesn't boast

But fools chatter, being deficient in qualities

Gaurav Malankar pronounced the first two lines perfectly. I especially liked the emphasis on the least important word, nūnam. However, in the last two lines, he pronounced विद्वान् as विद्वान, गर्वं as गर्वः, and विहीनाः as विहीनः.

Vidyadhar was very funny, throwing suspicion on everyone else, including Nanda herself, when he was the one who blabbed about the election form to Savi.

1215019 thumbnail

Balaram used the word अनौरस to describe Arjun, and Arjun asked Savi if he should admit it. Why are they using this word?

The birth certificate in Bhima'i's room identified Balya Bailat's parents as Kamalya Bailat and Parvati Bailat. How can the child of a married couple be अनौरस? Did Kamalya ever say that the baby he sold wasn't his? Kamalya can't remember the names of all the women he has had, but if Parvati wasn't his wife, why did she have the same family name?

The child born to Bhima would be labelled अनौरस, but the child adopted by Bhima and Bhalachandra is दत्तक for them, right? According to the flashbacks, Bhima thought Arjun was her child (अनौरस), and that's what Bhalachandra told Krishna, but Bāḷāsāheba Khopade, Pradip, and Bhalachandra knew that Arjun was दत्तक, and somehow they convinced society that Bhalachandra had married Bhima, making Arjun औरस. Does bigamy make an adopted child अनौरस?

rainbow_colours thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

An adopted child will always remain adopted..... i think the problem here is that he has not been legally adopted.

Although all his documents show him to be a "Kavthekar" and i dont think legally they can disown him or throw him out of the property ownership.

Arjun out of his own will has accepted that he is no more a "Kavthekar"... but legally i think he is a "Kavthekar". It is only becoz Krishna'i disowned him that he felt he didn't belong there !

Bhalchandra's name has been used as his middle name in all his documents with Bhalchandras approval hence he is legally a "Kavthekar".

Isn't it strange that Savitri is "Savitri Bhalchandra Kavthekar"

(Considering Bhima'is false marriage to Bhalchandra...which was real for the outside world)

Arjun is "Arjun Bhalchandra Kavthekar"

(Considering he was illegally adopted and yet accepted by both adoptive parents)

And both Savitri and Arjun are married.

Something doesn't sound right !!

1215019 thumbnail

What's in a name?

Ever since Arjun found out that Savitri is a fraud and her real name is Savi, he has gone on calling her Savitri while telling her they have no relationship. I thought it signified that he honours their marriage on some level.

However, Arjun also addressed Çamaki as Suvarnalata when they met after he slapped Savi.

"What's in a name ?"

Well they both have the same fathers name.....

Unless we want to think that it is "Savitri Sharda Waghmare" coz she was illegally adopted by Sharda.

I want to know if sharda was ever married and why Pradip has been waiting for her for ever....

Also was happy to see that Arjun gave Pradip vada-pav and not biscuit .... 😊

1215019 thumbnail

Finally, Sharada and Pradip came face-to-face on Tuesday's episode. Evidently, the bond between them was entirely one-sided. Pradip has a fixation on Sharada, while Sharada thinks of him as nobody special that she left behind.

Dipu had told Sharada that Pradip was sitting in Kavathe-Bhairavgad, wailing her name, and she hadn't seemed worried about him then. Now, seeing the formerly independent, self-assured, stylish Pradip unkempt and smelly and raving mad, Sharada reacted with compassion, nothing personal.

In other news, hundreds of princely states across India are assessing the water supply of their wells, just in case any poor farmers get the idea to present the old families with pretenders to the throne.

In addition to assessment of the wells by framers we will soon find swami's roaming around checking out for drywells too [;-P]

Their bhavishyavani will fetch some dakhina [:-)]

All said and done....Saavi will still continue to live with Arjun.

And she will make sure he wins the election so that he becomes a "konitari" and then agrees to come n live in Bhima Sadan.

Definitely till this happens it will take atleast 6 months,,,, and now vidya will get his plan into action. Manali will be used to break the Savi-Arjun bond.

hmmmmmmm........