Should movies like Adipurush be given a chance?

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 months ago

Opening this topic in debate mansion for two reasons:

1. To avoid dangal in Bollywood Forum

2. To avoid getting bashed in Bollywood Forum (most important 😆)

So, the movie is receiving criticism all over. For casting, costume designing, character representation, dialogues, VFX and most importantly for hurting sentiments of people.

We consider Lord Ram as a human god, ultimate example of sacrifice and goodness. Ravan-wadh is considered conquering of evil. We all grew up listening to the stories, worshipping the characters of Ramayana.

All said and done, why can't we look at it just from a story point of view. Perhaps the makers decided to use "tapori"dialogues to connect with the current generation. Let's be honest, not many of them (current generation kids, I mean) know Ramayana or Mahabharata. 

The visual representation of Hanuman, Ravan could've been done to match western movies - after all mythological characters like Thor and Loki became wildly popular thanks to the movies.

Why can't we treat the movie as a way of introducing our epics to the current generation who are aware of Greek Mythology through books and movies. Books like Percy Jackson do contain Greek mythology and the stories are written in a way that could hurt sentiments, however, the book is popular among children.

What is your opinion on the matter? Do you agree or disagree?

Let's discuss.

Please let's be civil to each other even if we do not agree on anything and let's just share what we think.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DevilHere thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 6 0 Thumbnail + 7

Nd u missed the actual reason 🤣

TheMinion thumbnail

Let me know what you think people!

TheMinion thumbnail

Originally posted by: DevilHere

Nd u missed the actual reason 🤣

What that would be? 😆

TheMinion thumbnail

Hello ladies, do let me know what you think 😊

TheMinion thumbnail

Any vishesh tippani from you, my ladies? 😆

NatkhatPyare thumbnail

I believe some amount of creative Liberty is okay. For ex. Krishna had dark complexion but in most serials or movies he'd be shown fair. That much liberty is still tolerable to me. But Lanka of Ravan was literally called sone ki lanka (made of Gold). Showing it as (dark iron like) lohe ki lanka is taking too much liberty imo.

Similarly shri Ram is called Maryadapurushottm Shri Ram. If they show Shri Ram saying or doing things that were against Maryada of that time would again be taking too much liberty... Imo.

There are many other inaccuracies shown in the film from the screenshots I've seen. 

I'm not in favour of taking too much liberty which history or actual events. Even if many people consider Ramayan as mythology it's real for most practicing Hindus and they should not be fed with someone's version of distorted fantasies. Some things should be let to remain sacred and undistorted. There are many other topics where u can take as much creative liberties u want.

That's my view on this topic. 

NatkhatPyare thumbnail

Minion u r being very sneaky here lol 🤣

Chalo I don't mind if DM becomes active for a while 🤣👍🏼

TheMinion thumbnail

I respect your opinion. However, didn’t we just hear the stories, when and where did we get the proofs that all these events did happen? Ram setu - do we know for certain it was built by Vanar sena?

NatkhatPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheMinion

I respect your opinion. However, didn’t we just hear the stories, when and where did we get the proofs that all these events did happen? Ram setu - do we know for certain it was built by Vanar sena?

Proof to God ka bhi nahi hai. But God and his stories, lessons, behaviour etc are considered sacred and respected not just in our religion but every religion. They are not to be distorted / disrespected just for creative liberties. 

Hanuman ji's behaviour has many things to learn from, but "jalegi teri baap ki" wouldn't be one of them... Imo. There's a limit to everything, even FOE and creative liberties. 

I know u want to increase the pages of this thread but isse zyada debate mai nahi karunga aaj 😆

Edited by NatkhatPyare - 11 months ago