Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ranumohanty34 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

Nice update dear, but when maaneet will met with each other. U r sending geet away from Maan how he will reach geet then. I am worried for maaneet dear, I don't want them to be away from each other.

Niharika.Nair thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 1 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 9

It is a painful experience for Maan; he was in love with Sameera then lost her, again life gave him a chance with Geet but by the time he settled Sameera returned with a baby and his life took a painful turn again and now he is once again loosing everything in front of his eyes!

GuruDd thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

nice one

I was happy to know geet 's father was not in favor to send her abroad but geet asked her mom to make her father understand well I think as its a big opportunity for her and then her father get agree to come along her to see her settled she is happy but I dont want her far from maan

there karan turns out be great person till now well unexpected but this thing should have come earliar not now when everything is messed up in maan s life as geet left him and then his daughter who they assumed wrong has different father not him and this time real

well I was thinking Its been long since maan and geet together in update omg I want maan to tell geet atleast this before she leaves india but I dont think so its going to happen now

crazymaneetian thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

feeling bad for both maan and sameera

Shradhapriya thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 5

I guess both maan n geet will shift abroad and then meet again and fall in love properly and abhi divorce kaha hua hai . And get married again . Feel bad for him bcz he got attached to her . Though great he found her father

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail + 8

26.png

Chapter 63

Geet sat on the edge of her bed, the invitation card in her hand trembling slightly as her thoughts wavered. The card was embossed with elegant gold script, announcing Naintara's godh bharai rasm—a celebration she would have been a part of, back when life was different, and the future seemed full of promise. Now, with her divorce from Maan approaching in just a few weeks and a new life waiting for her in New York, the thought of attending this event stirred a complex mix of emotions within her.

She had spent months accepting her new reality, grappling with the emotional weight of her separation from Maan. Her decision to move to New York was a deliberate step forward, a way to shed the old and embrace a new beginning. She wasn’t keen on looking back, especially not at the sight of Maan with Sameera and their daughter. The thought of seeing him again, even if only in a social setting, felt like an intrusion into her newly constructed world.

But Naintara was important to her. They had shared countless moments, both joyful and painful, and the idea of not being there for her ex-sister in law's/friend’s significant milestone tugged at her. The internal struggle was palpable. Could she muster the strength to attend the godh bharai and confront her past, or should she preserve her new-found peace and decline the invitation?

She picked up the phone and decided to call Naintara.

“Geet! How are you?” Naintara’s tone was warm and inviting as always.

“Hi, Naintara di. I’m good, thanks. I received your invite for the godh bharai and—” she hesitated. “I wanted to talk to you about it”.

“Oh, I’m so glad you called! What’s on your mind?”

“I’ve been feeling a bit hesitant about attending,” Geet confessed. “With the divorce coming up and everything, I’m not sure if it’s the right time for me to see everyone, especially you know…. Maan and… Well you know”.

Naintara was quiet for a moment and Geet frowned when she did not answer for a moment. “Di, you still there?” she asked.

“Yes, I’m still here. Geet, I understand where you’re coming from” Naintara said gently. “But I have some news that might ease your mind. Maan veerji is actually in London right now. He won’t be back for a couple of months” she informed.

Geet’s heart lurched at this response, a pang of something she couldn’t quite identify—regret, sadness, or perhaps just the sharp sting of an old wound reopening. She tried to dismiss it, reminding herself that Maan had moved on and so should she.

“Oh… okay” Geet managed to reply softly. “I see. That’s… good to know”.

“Yes, it might make things easier” Naintara continued with a small smile sharing a look with her husband. He smiled and curled his arm around her shoulder. “I hope you will be able to come”.

Geet took a deep breath and said, “Yeah, of course di. I’ll come. I want to be there for you” she said.

“Thank you, dadima and everyone will be pleased to see you” Naintara said.

As they ended the call, Geet stared at the invitation card again, her mind a whirl of conflicting emotions. Maan’s absence at the event was a bittersweet comfort—his presence would have been a reminder of the life she was leaving behind, but his absence also underscored the finality of their separation.

She glanced around her room, taking in the packed boxes and the sense of imminent change that hung in the air. Soon, she would be in New York, far away from the familiar landscapes of her past. For now, though, she had made a choice. She would go to the godh bharai, for Naintara’s sake, and perhaps in doing so, she would find a small measure of closure, or at least a way to reconcile with the echoes of her past.

“Do you think we should tell Geet about Maan veerji and…?” Naintara questioned as she snuggled into Dev’s arms and rubbed at her rounded stomach.

“It is not for us to tell” Dev responded. “They have had enough interference from us all, it is best for them to figure out how they want to lead their lives” he informed.

Naintara hummed. “She’s going to be leaving soon for a couple of years and neither of them would know”.

Dev nodded and pressed a kiss to Naintara’s temple. “We’ll see what fate has in store for them”.

It was the day of the godh bharai rasm. Geet was not going to be attending alone she decided. She texted Naintara to see whether she would be okay if she attended with Misha and Aditi and she readily agreed. This was the heir or heiress of the Khurana family, so it meant their relatives were going to be present. Geet did not want to face or have to deal with listening to any taunts from Maan’s extended family members. She had heard enough when they’d mocked her for having an absent husband when she had been married to Maan.

Geet stepped out of the taxi with Misha and Aditi flanking either side of her. Geet donned on a simple dress, keeping her makeup simple and her hair down in big curly waves. Aditi and Misha wore similar to her outfit and they supported her as they walked into the Khurana mansion.

“Seriously, you lived here?” Misha whispered looking around in awe at the magnificent, expansive mansion.

“Stop gawking like an idiot” Geet whispered. “Act normal or Maan’s distant relatives will presume I picked you up from a gawaar village knowing them” she muttered gathering herself together and keeping her head high.

Geet scanned the room, her gaze falling on Naintara, who was surrounded by friends and family. She looked radiant in a richly purple embroidered saree, her pregnancy glow adding to her beauty.

As Geet approached, Naintara’s face lit up with genuine happiness. She waddled over to Geet, her expression warm and welcoming. “Geet! You made it! I’m so happy” she exclaimed as she hugged Geet tightly.

“Geet bete” Dadima said as she approached them and hugged her as well. “I’m so happy to see you here” she said cradling her cheek and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

“Thank you, dadima” Geet responded and stepped aside as Misha and Aditi offered their hellos and exchanged pleasantries.

Naintara returned to her seat and tugged Geet and her friends along with her preferring them over their extended relatives. Geet noticed the hush of whispers from the relatives as they noticed her, but she did her best to ignore them. She is here for Naintara, and she was not going to let them ruin Naintara’s day.

The godh bharai rasm was a celebration full of rituals meant to ensure the well-being of the mother and child. Geet watched as family members performed traditional rites, offering sweets and gifts, and showering Naintara with blessings.

It was as they were mingling around and snacking on the array of food displayed that Geet overheard some of Maan’s cousins talking.

She recognised one of them being Naina who had snidely remarked that Maan had not changed when Maan was late for their first Karwa Chauth.

“I’m surprised she’s been brave enough to attend. I would be too ashamed to come” she murmured.

Geet stiffened.

“Right!” Madhu, another one of Maan’s cousins agreed with her. “He has divorced her, but she’s still not leaving his tail. I told you she must want it for the money”.

Geet’s hand tightened around the plate she was holding, her fingers gripping the edge as though it were the only thing anchoring her to the present. The casual cruelty of the remarks made her feel as though she were standing exposed, vulnerable amidst the crowd.

Anamika, yet another cousin, added her own sharp observation. “I bet she waited for a couple of years to go by, so he has to pay alimony now. It’s probably why he’s avoiding coming to the first baby’s godh bharai”

The words stung like a slap. Geet’s heart raced, and she felt a wave of hurt and humiliation. The insinuations about her motives, the suggestions that she had manipulated the situation for financial gain—they were an assault on her dignity, on everything she was working to build.

“Hey, you okay?” Aditi approached placing her hand on her shoulder.

Geet plastered a fake smile and nodded. “Yeah, do you want to eat anything else?” she asked. “I could make you another plate of the cauliflower bites?”

“No, no. I am so full” she answered with a chuckle and looked at Geet. “Are you sure you’re okay? You don’t look it”.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Could we find Misha and say our goodbyes?” she asked.

“Of course” Aditi agreed quickly.

Geet first approached Naintara, she thanked her for the invite, giving her brief hug and a kiss to her cheeks. Naintara noted her strained smile and realised someone must’ve said something so she did not insist on Geet staying back for which Geet was very grateful. Geet then found Dadima.

“Bete, this quick?” Dadima inquired.

“Dadima, it’s almost 8pm. It’s been a long day and I’m sure Naintara di must be tired as well and would need rescuing as well” she said with a chuckle.

“Kya hua, Geet?” Dadima asked noticing the strained smile.

“Kuch nahi, dadima. I’m ok. I think we’re just tired” she said gesturing to Misha and Aditi. “It’s been a hectic few months getting everything ready for New York”.

Dadima did not believe her but nodded accepting her response. “Teek hai”.

“Please remember to let me know when Naintara di goes into labour” she reminded.

“Of course” Dadima agreed and nodded her head. Dadima pressed another kiss to Geet’s forehead and embraced her before she released Geet. Misha and Aditi quickly said their byes and walked out of the mansion with Geet.

“Are you going to tell us now?” Aditi inquired as they walked down the driveway and walked further down to hail for a taxi.

“Let’s go back to the apartment first…” Geet responded.

“Oi kutte stop” Misha snapped waving her hand.

“Misha” Aditi chided and raised her arm at another taxi.

“That isn’t a taxi, Misha” Geet said with a laugh at a dark BMW with tinted windows driving down the road, it passed by them and Aditi glanced over her shoulder noticing the car driving up the driveway of the Khurana mansion.

“Someone must be very late for the godh bharai” Aditi remarked with a chuckle. Geet frowned at her words and glanced over her shoulder. She saw the car parked and the driver step out. Sandeep. Then it could mean Maan had come back, and could it mean Sameera and Aavya was in the car? She pondered. Sandeep opened the door and before she could catch a glimpse of who was in the car, Misha called out her name gesturing to the rickshaw they managed to halt to a stop.

“Come on, chop chop, madam” Misha prompted.

Geet nodded looking away and hurried towards the rickshaw and climbed inside. She peered over her shoulders once she got inside but no one was there anymore.

He’s moved on, jhalli she reminded herself harshly.

Hope you enjoy the update. My laptop has finally returned after being repaired, I hoped to give another few updates before I restart work on Monday.

PazzoFMG thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Woww. Thanks for the update. Please do make them meet before they depart. Can't see them broken.

maangeet.gmmg thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Wonderful update when ll geet know about maan is not d father and no idea when they r going to meet geet tried her best to ignore d comments but sometimes it's too much PPL just assume things looking forward for next one

aparna3011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

geet happy for naintara so knowing maan wont be there she agree to come for godbhari function with her friends

geet receive same comments from maan's relatives which hurt her very badly

geet cross with maan's BMW while leaving

akkub.92 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Nice part

Poor geet, maan relatives hurt her

Can't wait to see when geet know about sameera truth and how she react

Hope maan geet meet before she move to ner york