Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

642126 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: sev.puri

Sure, the right got a head start 10 years ago. Now what? They still have a head start? It’s not a patent that others can’t use. At this point it’s just excuses.

I never said others cannot use it. I said others did not use it. They were too slow and took their own success for granted.

Also, Right is no saint. They have their own sections of IT cells and trolls who often peddle fake news and conspiracy theories too (not saying ALL news is fake).

They set the narrative and push the right buttons and often make masses feel like victims or project own leader as the only saviour.

Earlier Indira and Rajiv would use same tactics and project Congress as only saviour or national party.

Anyway I dislike use of concrete Left or Right terms in India because we have no such rigid right or left here and parties are based on several different ideologies, including identity, caste, religion, region, language, tribe etc and politicians and parties often change colours or shift terms here to win elections. Plus we have multi party system in India. It is not fitting if we discuss our politics purely in terms of Congress and BJP like Republicans and Democrats in USA.

I believe decline of other parties is not good for India and reducing every discussion to merely majority vs minority or Left vs Right does not capture essence of issues in a country as large and suffering from multiple issues like India.

I have been critical of reducing politics to Presidential style elections and system in India. Like why focus on just one man or woman or cult of personality? Excessive focus on personality cult politics ultimately dilutes real issues IMO.

Indira, Rajiv went berserk with kind of power and mandate Congress had then. Often reckless in their abuse of power.

I am of opinion that some balancing of scales was long coming for INC, which has become fiefdom of one family. And other parties also which are now reduced to control of one or two dynasties. They took their power for granted for too long. Someday reckoning was in the offing. They are to blame for their own decline.

I am not supporter of RW but I can totally understand why and how it arose and why Opposition is declining the way it is.

Finally, Rahul is a silly man who cannot stand against anyone. Forget Modi, he will soon be sidelined by even Kejriwal who is new and much smarter. Modi's biggest asset is lack of any credible leader in opposition. I consider RaGa a non serious politician and lacking any quality his parents, granny or great grandpa had in terms of political acumen or understanding of India and Indian masses. I'd say his mom Sonia was way more astute than him.

Media projecting him as a challenger to Modi is itself free campaigning in favour of Modi.

642126 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bollydolly

Indira was PM at a time when access to information was very very limited. Only through newspapers and radio, even TV was pretty new then.
Tv and Radio also had only govt operated channel.

Today the scenario is completely different. Everyone has access to news theough various media. Even if Modi controlled all the MSM people still have access to Twitter, YT, FB etc.

So that explanation does not fly at all.

As far as Covid is concerned even doctors did not know how best to treat it so nothing wrong with people trying out homemade/ ayurvedic stuff and sharing info about what worked for them.

Social media can be easily misused, manipulated to spread fake news, PR campaigns, propaganda, misinformation, disinformation, paid news, half baked information.

It has been exposed and documented many times how social media apps are misused and manipulated by everyone from foreign agencies to corporates to political parties and paid bots etc. Even religious orgs, terror outfits use internet for own propaganda.

Easiest to make people believe anything one wants or atleast plant seeds of doubt in their minds.

Very few actually cross check or verify stuff they see online or are judicious in use of sites or apps or pages they follow. Often even adults end up forwarding and sharing fake news or edited or morphed videos or doctored audio.

To cite internet and technology to claim masses cannot be manipulated is baseless because social media apps can be used same way as rest of media to spread certain agenda.

In case of COVID it was not what worked for patients but attention seekers, charlatans and quacks who were spreading lies and nonsense such as sea salt and onion can sure COVID or putting lemon juice in nostrils can cure it. PIB and Health ministry had to debunk so much of nonsense then. I have seen people try this nonsense in real life. And educated people forward or believe things like this.

This is just one example. Plenty of examples of people manipulated through TV, media, internet, social media or believing babas, politicians or astrologers or celebs at face value.

Anyone denying how easy to manipulate and how gullible, emotional Indians are, is in denial. Especially it is easiest to manipulate Indians in name of religion, cultures, caste, tribe or beliefs, faith.

1248410 thumbnail

πŸ˜†

Word Count: 1

642126 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sev.puri

The same way an educated Western nation voted for Brexit? The same way a first world country falsely got sold the idea that Β£350mn a week was sent to the EU instead of being used for the NHS? Please spare us the lectures. We have enough members who do that already.

Who says educated people cannot be manipulated or only Indians are gullible?

South Asians are more gullible IMO. Easiest to manipulate in name of religion, caste or faith for eg.

But it does not mean rest of the world are not easy to manipulate.

Internet and people following conspiracy theories even abroad have proven people in west can also be gullible.

It just depends who uses media, technology more skilfully and pushes the right buttons, evokes the right emotions.

642126 thumbnail

No one is asking you to read my posts. Ignore if you do not want to read.

I am not a professional writer. So spare me that lecture on brevity or precis writing.

And quit acting like an editor or reviewer.

1248410 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Calculate kar lo.....10 Clochette and 1 me...πŸ˜†

BTW Ravan was a maha gyaani.....no one would make fun of Ravan if the knew that he himself got a vardaan from Lord Vishnu to get killed by him 2 times.....once as Ravan and then as Kans....the whole thing was orchestrated around that......not to forget that he was a mahan Shiv Bhakt...

Isilye kehte hain thoda padh liya Karo gyan baatne ke pehle πŸ˜†πŸ€£

It was 3 times. And no kans wasn't one of them.

Go search for the story of Jay Vijay.

Here let me help u πŸ€—

IMG_20230528_072819.jpg

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

I always wanted to ask this. No offense but Why did you bunk the class when they were teaching precise writing in the school? You make such great points but your posts are so long that I always bookmark them for later and then i forget to get to them.πŸ₯Ή

Harvard ki kaksha lagi hui hai yahan per??πŸ˜†

642126 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

People who are saying that SRK tweeted because of Aryan....toh here is his tweet in 2019 ....fir bhi Aryan ke saath kya hua???😳

https://twitter.com/narendramodi/status/1120308533981958145?s=20

SRK has Tweeted before also for his country....he always does .....πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘

and as people are calling it the first step towards Hindu Rashtra.....tauba...God forbid.....SRK's tweet was on spot.....he tweeted for a SECULAR India which gives equal opportunity to people from ALL religions.....but Modi followers in their ecstacy....ki SRK tweeted for Modi's Parliament...🀣....are forgetting that SRK's tweet was against a HINDU Rashtra and for a SECULAR India......ek baar Modi chalisa se bahar nikal kar dekho toh ki SRK ne kaha kya hai....πŸ˜†.....Thanks SRK...❀️

Modi is NOT India.....the Parliament is not his....πŸ˜†

Whatever you believe. Aise toh SRK had also joined Swach Bharat campaign and attended that MK Gandhi event organised by GOI. So did Aamir, Akki, Amitabh, Salman, K Jo.

When GOI or PMO call, you cannot refuse much, can you?

Are you trying to say SRK has always been cordial but still Aryan was targeted?

What are you trying to imply? That GOI/BJP had no role in implicating Aryan? Aryan was caught for genuine reasons? Or fell in trap laid for someone else?

Or will SRK be still targeted even if he keeps obliging BJP govt?

I do not understand your post. Sorry.

I am not saying this is first step towards Hindu rashtra but it is evident that BW is tamed. I mean look at SRK and Sara wishing Amit Shah on his birthday on social media. They had never done it before that NCB case.

The taming is real.

Do not tell me they were suddenly showing respect to home minister for sake of India.

Anyway we have more to come. Wait and watch how all fall in line.

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: atominis

No one is asking you to read my posts. Ignore if you do not want to read.

I am not a professional writer. So spare me that lecture on brevity or precis writing.

And quit acting like an editor or reviewer.

I don’t understand the need to be rude. I am neither an editor nor a reviewer but just a reader who likes some of the points you make and my question was genuine though I did try to make it sound funny and failed.😭