Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel_Shweta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

watching this show for Gashmeer Mahajani only, he is a fantastic actor, isko proper har tarah ka shade dikhane ko mila hai show mein, action, romance, emotional and grey shade. i am loving his char only. 😳

Sense9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SikhaShri

Till now the only character which hooked me to the show is Veer. He is enjoyable to watch. I like Tina also(although she appeared for a very short time) & Mehek. From last few episodes start liking Arman's part.

Veer is the most layered character (in the main trio) hence why i am not able to enjoy Kk's performance coz there is something lacking.

BUt since last episode, the writers are reversing this.They are starting to give Armaan much of Damon's greyness (like him snapping Vian's neck) and are making Veer into more of a "good guy".

Sense9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jhalak7

From experienced actors I think Ghasmeer is trying his best. I saw his work in Imli and JDJ too. This guy is a very good actor. Specially he gives his version to the character Arman.

I have seen Gashmeer's Imlie only on insta clips. Didnt like the story so didnt follow but here I can see his potential in full form. He has brought a lot of variations in Stefan. Of course the OG will always be best but i can see he is doing justice with what he has been given.

Also his hindi diction is good. (Mehek's too)

JustMyOpinions thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ritzie

I have been really liking Karan as Veer. The character is enjoyable and shows so many variations. His dialogs are witty. He is able to show the shades of Veer's thoughts through acting.

I liked Mehak too but she is suddenly cut off from the screen space. Sikandar is fine with acting variations but his character is now becoming monotonous.

Gashmeer and Reem have failed to impress me yet. Infact, they both irritate me a lot of times, mostly due to repetitiveness in their scenes or being shown as mahaan people of itv.

I was not a fan of anyone and came in as a neutral TVD viewer and neither have I watched both the male leads extensively earlier except for few clips here and there. Both Karan and Gashmeer have their own styles and methods and both have not tried to copy the original actors as such. That is appreciable.

But I really like Karan as Veer, with multiple layers and emotions to Veer, yet keeping the sarcasm, cockiness, unapologetic & chilled out attitude intact in all situations, Karan is able to execute that, not copying Ian, but in his own style, really well. I can relate to Damon yet find him different from Ian in portrayal. Veer is interesting & lively. I find Karan's charisma & aura the best suited for Veer. He has justified it so well.

Gashmeer is good as Armaan for the calm & composed attitude. He is good but I find him monotonous at places especially in some emotional scenes & in romantic scenes, feel he is kinda stiff & hard, which makes it forceful & unromantic.. Also Armaan character comes across as saintly & boring at times for me & his portrayal also does not help me to make it likeable. I guess any actor for that matter if the character keeps justifying his acts so much. Sorry no offense but honest feeling😆..

Reem is ok in few scenes as Eisha but the katherine/kavya role, she lacks badly. needs more maturity to play that badass of a character. Not her fault. It is the choice of the makers that needs to be blamed. Rahul as Sikander is fine, adapted quickly to such a big role, but kinda feel his character has also become monotonous & depending too much on Armaan, that mahishi, his sister, even Mehek. I mean the class, intelligence of Klaus they failed to show in him I guess because of the lack of time & that makes it irritating at times.

Among the rest, Vaishnavi as Mehek, Shilpa as Sudha, Krip as Daksh do a pretty decent job & stand out😊

Edited by JustMyOpinions - 1 years ago
urmita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Out of the 3 leads karan as Veer I like...he is doing Damon justice in my opinion...doing it completely different than Ian, but not changing the essence of Damon in the process...He brings variations in the role...The cool dude, uncaring, i m the bad guy I dont care attitude of damon but the underlying care for the people close to him. veer's emotions and thoughts he portrays very well...I can relate to him...I like veer oberoi and sort of continue to watch this show coz of him...

Gashmeer...no offense to people who like him or Armaan...but he failed to impress me...he is putting in a lot of effort I accept but I just dont like his version of stefan...I find in order to play it different than Paul, he changed stefan's aura completely...Stefan made me want to just love him, Armaan either bores me or makes me suspicious of him depending on the scene...The romantic scenes, good guy scenes I find artificial and monotonous...extra close scenes with Esha creepes me out...and the reaper type attitude, or fighting, bhediya mode wale scenes are good though...but problem is it shows onscreen he is doing a lot of hardwork playing this character...I mean everyone is doing their best and so is he but it should not look like hard work, should look natural no matter how hard you have actually worked...

Reem....strictly average...ok as Esha...kavya..well I am glad she is shown less lets just say...but cant blame her, its not her fault, the casting was wrong...

Rrahul as Sikandar...I have a soft spot for him since vansh...but I must say they messed up Sikandar in writting...Rrahul is killing it ofcourse...but Sikandar writting is very bad, they are turning the intelligent impressive klaus into a loser...not cool...its a copy edit paste, not an original and they are messing up that too...

Mehek I love...they need to give her atleast the amount of importance bonnie got if not more...

rest...ok ok nothing special....

Edited by urmita - 1 years ago
Rimu_coldfire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

A big TVD fan here, I didn't watch the full show but used to watch the recaps in youtube posted by colors.

I felt, only and only Rrahul Sudhir, or Sikandar, is the one who watched the source material, connected with his character and performed beyond my expectations. Sikandar is the only character that did not feel like a cheap copy to me, he added a beautiful essence and since I did not watch any of performance before I was very skeptical about him essaying my favourite role, however he was the best in the lot.

Armaan/Gashmeer is okayish as compared to Stefan, it was good. Mehak and Cherry were also less cringey but did not seem like Bon-Care to me but that's fine. At least they can act normally.

The rest all of them did not impress me at all, no offence to any of their fans. Rrahul takes the cake, the one casting this PH did right!

Edited by Rimu_coldfire - 1 years ago
Rimu_coldfire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Sense9

I do like SIkander and hope they have time to explore him more. Krip did have his moments. If given more screen time and coherent plot he'd have even better moments. Probably the disconnect is due to writers trying to mix TVD and their own ideas resulting in confusing plotlines and acting.

With Karan, I think he tries to copy Ian's acting style especially how Ian's Damon didnt really care much about anyone but Elena. Even though I dont like Delena, I could see where Damon (and Ian) came from.

Here I feel Karan shows this by having a"bored" look on his face. And the way he sighs and looks here and there. IDK how else to describe it.

Ian's Damon and Nina's Katherine were 2 characters which depends a lot on how the actor's act. And they aced it esp Nina. So Karan's Veer and Reem's Kavya (esp) come across as below average to me.

You wrote exactly what I had in mind regarding Veer and Kavya. They disappointed me through and through.
Sense9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: masked

But the character I enjoy watching the most now is Rrahul as Sikander.

Rrahul's character Sikander is somewhat different from this Klaus character. He's calm composed methodical and wouldn't hesitate to either betray or hurt ally or an enemy if it serves his ulterior purpose.

the way Rrahul has put his efforts into that character portraying that negative shade has been flawless.

That is true. Klaus was more impulsive and emotional. Sikander isn’t as sentimental as him. Like Gashmeer brings his own style to Stefan, Rrahul does that too with Klaus.

Originally posted by: masked

Hope to see the show get an extension so that we can explore more shades of Sikander's complex character. His actions are no doubt negative but I dont see Cherry as the match for Sikander here.

Mehak's character does not get much screen time but she's the perfect match for a grey character like Sikander.Rather than pairing her up with Eisha's sibling she should have been shown as the light of Sikander's darkness who bought him into the shades of light.

The Klaroline shipper in me has to see Sikander and Cherry endgame coz we never got it in the OG show.
However Mehek and Sikander in theory sounds good. Though I always preferred them as enemies. It’s just that Vaishnavi is quite good but hardly gets any personal arc - only being the bodyguard of Eisha and their problem solver.

I feel Mehek and Veer can be something more than friends/enemies coz they have so much that they get through *together* and somewhere it could lead to something more

Sense9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angel_Shweta

Gashmeer Mahajani… he is a fantastic actor, isko proper har tarah ka shade dikhane ko mila hai show mein, action, romance, emotional and grey shade.

Gashmeer surely is a very good actor. I had never seen him before (other than on some clips of Imlie here and there).