Veer has no right to be yelling at anyone

Nutellatoast thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Hey guys,

thought I’d start off some discussion. 

Does anyone else’s here think Veer has no right to be yelling at and preaching Maan and Rana about loving their parents.

Every time there has been an issue at home, I’ve noticed Veer just quietly stand in the background, despite knowing the truth most of the times. This time is no different. He just needs to be honest and tell Dilpreet the truth about the blackmailing going on from Nimrit’s side. He doesn’t have to get engaged to anyone but at least try and solve the issue by being honest. What he’s doing now is creating an even bigger rift.

How can Nimrit’s deeds be excused EVERY TIME! Where does Veer’s preaching go then? Ugh, I’m just annoyed by this character so much. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ThandiChai thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 3

Totally agreed!!

Veer is reason of all confusions. He never clears everything...leaving everyone doubtful.

Tbh I don't even like Veer. Its quite a spineless character. Zero character arc. After Nimrit, he's the one who cares least about dadaji. Never saw him trying to come up with any solution. 

Wild_Cat thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

I never liked the character Veer, typical indian TV male hero who hides his doglapan behind all this "adarsh ke baatein". I hope Amrita gets a new hero, who will make her his first priority!  

Nutellatoast thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

So glad both of you agree, I was afraid fans of the actor might not like this opinion about his character. But for some reason this character is not very likeable, despite makers trying their best to portray his as an adarsh beta of Dilpreet. He just ends up being annoying.

So we have a new entry today, haven't watch the epi yet but I hope he's good, and I wish he's the one for Amrita, but I guess makers are set on Veer- Amrita sadly. 

HeirofSharingan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nutellatoast

So glad both of you agree, I was afraid fans of the actor might not like this opinion about his character. But for some reason this character is not very likeable, despite makers trying their best to portray his as an adarsh beta of Dilpreet. He just ends up being annoying.

So we have a new entry today, haven't watch the epi yet but I hope he's good, and I wish he's the one for Amrita, but I guess makers are set on Veer- Amrita sadly. 

I agree with your original post. 

However, I liked Veer in the beginning, and thought he'd be a good support system for Amrita, but later on he's not been that charming. Everything about him is just a way to keep Nimrit more relevant, turn her into an irredeemable B so the drama goes on. 

The new entry is... I don't know. I don't have opinion on him as of now. But from the little I saw about him, he seems to be a good choice for Amrita. 

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Nutellatoast

Hey guys,

thought I’d start off some discussion. 

Does anyone else’s here think Veer has no right to be yelling at and preaching Maan and Rana about loving their parents.

Every time there has been an issue at home, I’ve noticed Veer just quietly stand in the background, despite knowing the truth most of the times. This time is no different. He just needs to be honest and tell Dilpreet the truth about the blackmailing going on from Nimrit’s side. He doesn’t have to get engaged to anyone but at least try and solve the issue by being honest. What he’s doing now is creating an even bigger rift.

How can Nimrit’s deeds be excused EVERY TIME! Where does Veer’s preaching go then? Ugh, I’m just annoyed by this character so much. 

I agree.

It was disappointing how he just stood there when Maan and Rana were trying to protect each other and getting beaten up.

And being a good kid also requires you to call out your parents on their hypocrisy and show them the mirror.

Maan is also getting a bit annoying lately, but when he questioned DPS, one could see the remorse on his face. Like deep down even he knew how he had hurt a lot of people in his ego.

But with Veer's self-sacrificing lecture it seemed like he was the only one concerned while Maan should have simply shushed him and tell him to follow his own advice because clearly, he himself is not taking accountability as to how three lives would be destroyed due to his so-called sacrifice. Not to mention how it satiated DPS's pride again.

Pathetic fellow!

Edited by Nush_Rat - 1 years ago
HeirofSharingan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nush_Rat

I agree.

It was disappointing how he just stood there when Maan and Rana were trying to protect each other and getting beaten up.

And being a good kid also requires you to call out your parents on their hypocrisy and show them the mirror.

Maan is also getting a bit annoying lately, but when he questioned DPS, one could see the remorse on his face. Like deep down even he knew how he had hurt a lot of people in his ego.

But with Veer's self-sacrificing lecture it seemed like he was the only one concerned while Maan should have simply shushed him and tell him to follow his own advice because clearly, he himself is not taking accountability as to how three lives would be destroyed due to his so-called sacrifice. Not to mention how it satiated DPS's pride again.

Pathetic fellow!

I didn't watch the episode Veer was lecturing, but saw its bits in the precap part. My issue was, destiny was giving him a chance to set things right that were forced on him because of blackmailing by Ria and her mom. He can easily escape from this situation. But nope. 

He isn't even making a sacrifice. He's only enabling the negative characters. And I also think he's being used as a plot device to bring the Brar family close. DPS going out of his way to ensure Amrita and Veer come close, which will eventually lead to DPS and Maan in getting a step closer to sort out their own differences. That's the intent, but the storytelling is quite poor and juvenile. They could have taken some other route. 

Though I like the fact that DPS isn't blaming it on Amrita or Maan like we'd expected previously he would. So that's a respite. 

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Metamorphosis

I didn't watch the episode Veer was lecturing, but saw its bits in the precap part. My issue was, destiny was giving him a chance to set things right that were forced on him because of blackmailing by Ria and her mom. He can easily escape from this situation. But nope. 

He isn't even making a sacrifice. He's only enabling the negative characters. And I also think he's being used as a plot device to bring the Brar family close. DPS going out of his way to ensure Amrita and Veer come close, which will eventually lead to DPS and Maan in getting a step closer to sort out their own differences. That's the intent, but the storytelling is quite poor and juvenile. They could have taken some other route. 

Though I like the fact that DPS isn't blaming it on Amrita or Maan like we'd expected previously he would. So that's a respite. 

Exactly! Even earlier DPS didn't force the relation on him. Keeping Maan and his difference aside, DPS acknowledged that one should be able to choose his life partner. If Veer chose Riya, it would surely make him happier but he asked for Veer's opinion first. Still this guy had to play a martyr. And now that it's pretty much an open secret, his silence makes it even more unbearable.

I don't know about plot device but earlier at least he helped Amrita to mend the broken relationships. Now he's just sitting in a corner and crying. And it honestly pisses me off when characters stay mum while something horrible is happening right before their eyes. Even if Maan and Rana were wrong, DPS beat the shit out of them. A decent guy would at least try and stop DPS. But he just kept quiet. It seems like his only purpose is to praise DPS and Sanjot and preach how ungrateful kids are and nothing else.

DPS has surely come a long way. I mean, the guy who was throwing Amrita out of the village to the grandpa who went to confront a group of goons and accepted how he hated Amrita because she reminded him of Maan but also loved her because she was his granddaughter - that was some amazing progression.

I'm not sure if you have watched it yet or not but try watching the episode where DPS finally took his words back and let Sanjot see Maan's face. In the previous episode, Amrita blasted DPS for his wrongdoings but here when she saw Maan and Sanjot reuniting, she was the first one to go to DPS and thank him and the acknowledging nod that he gave her that moment was just... 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I really hope this progression remains intact and DPS fully acknowledges his fault and reunite with Maan.

MasoomaBukhari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

For members saying Amrita should get a new hero, I think Veer is the one. Why? Because he is there for her every time. Although this time he is torn between family and love. Of course anyone who's under the favors of his step parents will take time to choose. 

Bubblegum810 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

Originally posted by: Nush_Rat

Exactly! Even earlier DPS didn't force the relation on him. Keeping Maan and his difference aside, DPS acknowledged that one should be able to choose his life partner. If Veer chose Riya, it would surely make him happier but he asked for Veer's opinion first. Still this guy had to play a martyr. And now that it's pretty much an open secret, his silence makes it even more unbearable.

I don't know about plot device but earlier at least he helped Amrita to mend the broken relationships. Now he's just sitting in a corner and crying. And it honestly pisses me off when characters stay mum while something horrible is happening right before their eyes. Even if Maan and Rana were wrong, DPS beat the shit out of them. A decent guy would at least try and stop DPS. But he just kept quiet. It seems like his only purpose is to praise DPS and Sanjot and preach how ungrateful kids are and nothing else.

DPS has surely come a long way. I mean, the guy who was throwing Amrita out of the village to the grandpa who went to confront a group of goons and accepted how he hated Amrita because she reminded him of Maan but also loved her because she was his granddaughter - that was some amazing progression.

I'm not sure if you have watched it yet or not but try watching the episode where DPS finally took his words back and let Sanjot see Maan's face. In the previous episode, Amrita blasted DPS for his wrongdoings but here when she saw Maan and Sanjot reuniting, she was the first one to go to DPS and thank him and the acknowledging nod that he gave her that moment was just... 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I really hope this progression remains intact and DPS fully acknowledges his fault and reunite with Maan.

Till now veer is portrayed as a useless character and who does nothing just sits at home but in new track thankfully he help DPS with money, I thought today also he will just say I am sad about the condition and would do nothing but no, he helped.

BTW the change in DPS is amazing, I hope you have seen this.

Btw are you still watching or not?

The TRP has became the half the TRP it used to get, I hope it recovered but I feel like it won't even make 250 episodes.

What you say??