Nakhrewali the queenπŸ₯³β€οΈ

Congrats soni and la_reine

Thank youπŸ˜ƒ

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: tournesol

🀣🀣

People might actually think this was true 🀣

I had an amazing time fake fighting with you for sending the entries.

Thank you being an amazing and patient judge πŸ€—

🀣

You should have had all the participants do some real sleuthing to figure out who the judges are! πŸ˜†

You're welcome, I had a great time! πŸ€— Thank you for having the faith in me to do the stories justice! 😳

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Wow! The results are up finally! Wonderful contest! πŸ‘

First off, Bee and T πŸ˜†- kudos to you both for facilitating this, coming up with the unique idea in the first place, putting all the parameters in place, and answering queries patiently. I know this has been a longish (> month?) effort for you both and you both absolutely deserve all the applause! πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thank you for inviting me to be the judge after I ditched y'all with zero entries! πŸ˜†

Next, congratulations to all the Winners and Runners-up (πŸ˜†) for your remarkable entries. Amazing work and very well deserved. I had a great time reading them but an extremely difficult time marking them! That in itself shows the high standard of the entries!

I hope it does not sound too cliched if I say each one of the participants deserves applause because I believe writing within the confines of a contest requires an even greater effort and you guys all did so good. Claps for each of you talented souls! πŸ‘

And finally (sorry for the long, boring academy award-like speech πŸ˜†), thank you, Shibz for the siggy!

(Sorry if I missed tagging any of the winners, but it makes me so happy that there are so many of you that I can't fit you all in! πŸ₯³)

Thank you Lizzieeee. And thank you for judging our entriesπŸ€—

SoniRita thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Wow! The results are up finally! Wonderful contest! πŸ‘

First off, Bee and T πŸ˜†- kudos to you both for facilitating this, coming up with the unique idea in the first place, putting all the parameters in place, and answering queries patiently. I know this has been a longish (> month?) effort for you both and you both absolutely deserve all the applause! πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thank you for inviting me to be the judge after I ditched y'all with zero entries! πŸ˜†

Next, congratulations to all the Winners and Runners-up (πŸ˜†) for your remarkable entries. Amazing work and very well deserved. I had a great time reading them but an extremely difficult time marking them! That in itself shows the high standard of the entries!

I hope it does not sound too cliched if I say each one of the participants deserves applause because I believe writing within the confines of a contest requires an even greater effort and you guys all did so good. Claps for each of you talented souls! πŸ‘

And finally (sorry for the long, boring academy award-like speech πŸ˜†), thank you, Shibz for the siggy!

(Sorry if I missed tagging any of the winners, but it makes me so happy that there are so many of you that I can't fit you all in! πŸ₯³)

Thank youπŸ€— and thank you for being amazing judge

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Originally posted by: tournesol

Lo Grandma ne bola, islye 'ups' hata diya. Happy? πŸ˜†

But that's not my point. I want to know why so many people say Runner ups and if it's correct or not?😭 I mean, do different dictionaries say different things? Is runners up universal or just British??πŸ€”

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Originally posted by: SoniRita

Congrats to all the winners and runner upsπŸ₯³πŸ‘

Same to you Soni

We share an award

SoniRita thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

Same to you Soni

We share an award

Yes yay we share an awardπŸ₯³ congrats againπŸ‘

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

But that's not my point. I want to know why so many people say Runner ups and if it's correct or not?😭 I mean, do different dictionaries say different things? Is runners up universal or just British??πŸ€”

I think it’s one of those common bloopers all of us make inadvertently cos we forget that it’s a hyphenated word. We end up adding the plural suffix β€˜s’ at the end of the word like we normally do. Like mother-in-laws instead of mothers-in-law (God forbid we ever have to use this one in plural though πŸ˜†)
Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 years ago
1215019 thumbnail

"Runners-up" is correct and "runner-ups" is incorrect because the plural belongs to the noun, not the preposition. Prepositions have no singular/plural, gender, tense etc., and that is why, in some Indian languages, prepositions are called avyaya - invariant words.

Likewise, the correct name for the famous detectives is "Five Finders-Out" and not "Five Find-Outers."

By the way, "cliched" is a weird anglicization of the loan word "clichΓ©" that is already a past participle in French.

I published my entry with the "wordsleuths" tag (please remember to omit the hashtag symbol if you use this tag):

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/2947

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago
Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Oh wow...such a wonderful surprise! Thanks so much Tia & Bhree for hosting such a brilliant contest so beautifully & thanks again for giving opportunity to a novice writer like me to participate in this contest. Thanks so much Shibani for such a beautiful siggy, will definitely use it in siggy box. Thanks to all the judges - Sup Di, Bhree & Koeli too. And congratulations to all the winners and runners-up of this contest. All of you people have such superb talent, kudos to you all.

(Sorry if I missed any to tag)