Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

982283 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Yup just like on republic day there were videos of people doing Vandalism. I had a meeting with the congressman of my district they all agreed that it was Indian propaganda and they werenโ€™t going to believe it.

also please link this with what is going on in Punjab please ?

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

There is so much misinformation in this thread that it's mind boggling.

1. Only mobile data is suspended in Punjab. Wifi, phone calls and landlines are working as is.

2. Amritpal Singh has 4 criminal cases filed against in the span of a year. Some of the charges are kidnapping, attempt to murder etc. One more case had been filed against him and his supporters for clashing at Ajnala PS. The agenda or whatever of BJP aside, the guy is wanted for serious charges and he's running from the law. Why wouldn't thr police chase him down?

3. AAP has been ineffective in containing the menace of Waris Punjab De (which by the way openly claims to be pro militant group seeking violence to achieve their means along with its head who is AP Singh as of now). Point me one democracy in the world that takes it easy on violent threats of a minority group trying to break part of the country - every democracy tries to contain violent elements).

4. He's been anyway detained in Jalandhar with some of his supporters as of now and is being questioned.

5. All this time Punjab had been as is, with some tension in places around jalandhar, amritsar etc. You have actual people living in Punjab in this thread telling you the situation yet you still believe in rumours living in whichever western country you are at. Read a newspaper or a book for gods sake. Don't watch sensational media circus or subscribe to falsified social media content.

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ohophelia

1. Only mobile data is suspended in Punjab. Wifi, phone calls and landlines are working as is.

2. Amritpal Singh has 4 criminal cases filed against in the span of a year. Some of the charges are kidnapping, attempt to murder etc. One more case had been filed against him and his supporters for clashing at Ajnala PS. The agenda or whatever of BJP aside, the guy is wanted for serious charges and he's running from the law. Why wouldn't thr police chase him down?

3. AAP has been ineffective in containing the menace of Waris Punjab De (which by the way openly claims to be pro militant group seeking violence to achieve their means along with its head who is AP Singh as of now). Point me one democracy in the world that takes it easy on violent threats of a minority group trying to break part of the country - every democracy tries to contain violent elements).

4. He's been anyway detained in Jalandhar with some of his supporters as of now and is being questioned.

5. All this time Punjab had been as is, with some tension in places around jalandhar, amritsar etc. You have actual people living in Punjab in this thread telling you the situation yet you still believe in rumours living in whichever western country you are at. Read a newspaper or a book for gods sake. Don't watch sensational media circus or subscribe to falsified social media content.

Please name the sources for your information. I know people who have been following Waris PunjabDe for years and they haven't seen a single statement condoning violence from them. Plenty of Amritpal videos and interviews are available and nowhere does he support violence. There are cases against him. But why not an open case? Why the internet suspension which many people have confirmed?

Site a newspaper or book for god sakes. There have been business shutdowns. International news reporting .

982283 thumbnail

Mind boggling misinformation that you couldn't back by a single source.

https://twitter.com/SikhPA/status/1637362098438062080?s=20

982283 thumbnail

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/03/19/india-punjab-intermet-ban-amritpal-singh/

One of the misinformation in your post is already disproven.

982283 thumbnail

https://www.tbsnews.net/world/south-asia/27m-people-face-internet-failure-punjab-2nd-day-hunt-fugitive-602774

SO DONT GO TELLING ME TO SITE A NEWSPAPER UNTIL YOU GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT THANKS!

dahibhalle thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ohophelia

While I don't disagree with the broader point of Punjab being largely peaceful, there is enough news coming out of Punjab that is disquieting- why suspend mobile data , why silence the Punjabi journalists.

This lack of transparency and openness may work in other parts of India where rape victims are buried in the middle of the night by the police and the media reporting on it jailed but will be counter -productive in Punjab.

If Amrtipal is the criminal you say then he should pay for his crimes but I am curious about your opinion about the various Hindu extremists and vandals who seem to be making a mockery of law and order in India on a daily basis and why the law in India is so lenient towards them.

And am also curious as to which newspaper who would like us to read- I have been following Punjabi journalists on twitter since the Farmer's protest and I would any day believe them over any Indian media with the exception of the likes of Ravish Kumar.

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: dahibhalle

While I don't disagree with the broader point of Punjab being largely peaceful, there is enough news coming out of Punjab that is disquieting- why suspend mobile data , why silence the Punjabi journalists.

This lack of transparency and openness may work in other parts of India where rape victims are buried in the middle of the night by the police and the media reporting on it jailed but will be counter -productive in Punjab.

If Amrtipal is the criminal you say then he should pay for his crimes but I am curious about your opinion about the various Hindu extremists and vandals who seem to be making a mockery of law and order in India on a daily basis and why the law in India is so lenient towards them.

And am also curious as to which newspaper who would like us to read- I have been following Punjabi journalists on twitter since the Farmer's protest and I would any day believe them over any Indian media with the exception of the likes of Ravish Kumar.

Well said.

It's very painful to see what's going on in Punjab right now.. a state that has already suffered too much, a community that has already lost so many innocent lives thanks to the different political parties. Do people still wonder why some are requesting a separate nation? Again, I am not saying I support Khalistan but Punjab won't remain quiet. This injustice has been going on for too long, for too many decades even.

Waheguru mehar kare ๐Ÿ™

dahibhalle thumbnail

Originally posted by: DheeJattanDi

Well said.

It's very painful to see what's going on in Punjab right now.. a state that has already suffered too much, a community that has already lost so many innocent lives thanks to the different political parties. Do people still wonder why some are requesting a separate nation? Again, I am not saying I support Khalistan but Punjab won't remain quiet. This injustice has been going on for too long, for too many decades even.

Waheguru mehar kare ๐Ÿ™

It's painful because we have seen this before and we know where all this can lead to.

We love Punjab and want to see peace there for all Punjabis.

My fear and the fear of a fair few Punjabis is that Modi is trying to do an Indira Gandhi here-disrupting the peace in Punjab for electoral or other gains.

dahibhalle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pulsaagyee

If modi propped up amritpal like indira did bhindrawale for dirty politics, why dint peaceful punjabis objected to his roaming around cities and towns freely brandishing weapons, disrupting law n order, attacking police and threatening HM of the country to kill him making pumjab seem like taliban to the test of the country?

This is the state where the PM himself wasn't allowed to enter but a terrorist like amritpal was welcomed with open arms as if he was another one of a sikh guru and hosted at none other than golden temple. He was even carrying weapons side the sacred place. The tremendous crowd surrounding him taking videos and photos and looking in an awe was a sight to behold. That visit was covered by entire national and regional media.

If he was just a truck driveras you are caliomg h now, why didnt akal takht ya SGPC dispell him from sikhi for disrespecting GGS , the way they did to people whoever cut their hairs and beard? They also took away guru granth from all sindhi places of worships for adhering to their sanatani ways. So why the special treatment to someone like amritpal only?

It hadnt gone unnoticed in the eyes of the rest of the country how y'all considered and looked upto him as a Saint but unfortunately he turned out be a such a big coward and a fraud. Y'all were feeling really proud that you got your next leader but when he was declared a bhagoda, you are washing your hands off him and taking an easy escape route making modi a scapegoat by putting entire blame on him.

You discarded congress and elected AAP which was perceived to be pro khalistan party and it's the same gov who has raided against this terrorist and his supporterd and shut down internet in the state.

So it makes no sense that you are dragging modi and his supporters when they have no say in how punjabis govern their punjab whatsoever.

Also the so called peaceful punjabis' main concern should've been amritpal and his khalistani agenda that he was going around preaching in small towns and creating troubles for regular people. At least in this matter non khalistanis shouldve kept grudges against modi and his supporters on hold for time being n called a spade a spade.

You guys don't have to ape islamists in defending indefensible. It will only alienate your own community from the rest of the society. The reputation of sikhs is at an all time low after republic day riots on red fort. Amritpal made it worse and the way y'all are attacking modi instead of the terrorist himself makes anyone outside punjab wary of sikhs as a community.

Thanks for enunciating the BJP mindset. I just wish you had the courage to do so with your own ID.

Edited by dahibhalle - 1 years ago