Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1195620 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Unfair that only Shanta got the extra 5 minutes. All team members should get that advantage. So basically Sachin's efforts were futile and, clearly, he was dejected from his expressions.

Why can't Aruna tie her hair just like Swarna and Shanta did? Is this like some person wanting to demonstrate how much of pro they are in cooking? 😂 Also, Gurki blowing the hardened sugar, ewww, I wouldn't want to consume that lol.

Sachin's isomalt was looking nice & I was kinda eyeing Shanta's dish tbh because the color of the isomalt cage was looking appealing to the eye. Swarna's cake, I have mixed views over the feather piece of the cake whereas the golden side decoration was looking nice. Even mixed about Nayan's cake also.

~~~

Swarna- cake wasn't that bad looking. I did like the isomalt lollipops with the food coloring but I kinda felt it was bit OTT with the unicorn concept.

Sachin- Not bad. I do like the isomalt "aag" as he was trying to describe it. The blue circles were pretty cool.

Shanta- the isomalt nest had a pretty cool coloring but seems like amount of sugar was less.

Aruna- Brown chocolate cage was looking horrendous. What the heck is that orange platter? Looked like a platter to keep my car keys or something lol. 😂

Gurkirat- uneven flat surface and designs weren't on par. Again, I wouldn't consume this cake due to blowing hard sugar on the cake by him. I do think the pink floral/henna-like design on the white chocolate was nice but presentation was just not good overall.

Nayan- The color of the dots were nice but they weren't looking that well presented. Upper part wasn;t that bad-looking. It was a nice effort though.

~~~

Ranveer calling Karadantu as Karadant was annoying. Also, Shanta did mention that her cheesecake base was somewhat uncooked and I felt Garima was trying to show off. It was visibly uncooked & unbaked.

Shanta- I felt the deconstruction presentation was okay-looking one. The truffles were looking nice though + edible dried roses were complimenting the cream backdrop. Gudh/chena is a classic combination and it was looking good in her glass. Though seems like a base is required to keep the chena more flat. Seemed like fennel seeds were overpowering.

Aruna- Visually, not appealing and looked slightly messy. Seemed like taste was also not matching the parameters

Sachin- Visually, it looked so good due to the neatness. But seemed like the "innovation" wasn't appealing to the judges lol. I'd disagree because it was innovative and pretty nice looking especially the jaggery sauce.

Gurkirat- It was a better presentation but still felt it could've been better since the lamington cake was looking dabba hua due to the dry fruit praline cream taking over.

Swarna- I was eyeing the kharvas because that was eye appealing then the chena podde. Pistachio/date sauce wasn;t looking good though. Seemed like the chenna podda dried out due to the coconut soaking up the water. Karanji wasn't eye-appealing, looked like Burj Khalifa tower or something lol. Also, chena podda isn't Bengali dessert lol. 😂

1195620 thumbnail
i thought it was pretty cool dish...he has good concepts ...
ananya3129 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

I am so pissed of after watching that last part. Its insulting to Sudarshana Sahu from Nayagarh district of Odisha who invented Chena Poda. For god sake its not from Bengal 😡. We take it very personally when anyone calls our food Bengali. Even Rasgulla is termed as Bengali when we too have our GI tag for the same

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

This is not innovation, but Aruna’s khandvi was innovation.
whatever Sachin does will never be good enough

Cookermaichane thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Expressionist (January 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Twitter pe Ranveer ko itna gaali kyu padh rahi hai 😆

Garima bhi race mai hai 😆

average-student thumbnail

one can make out the negativity in judges expressions, their body language whenever they come to Sachin's work area.always finding faults,making faces.their job is to find something negative in anything he attempts.he always looks demotivated and knows whatever he does will not be good enough for them.

average-student thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Twitter pe Ranveer ko itna gaali kyu padh rahi hai 😆

he and garima deserve more..vikas is like the extra in a movie who just stands on side and nods 😡😆

why are you gayab when you told me to be here till finale?waapas aao yaha😡🤗

Edited by average-student - 1 years ago
1195620 thumbnail

Precap- It seems like a macaroon cake challenge. While Pooja's cake was looking beautiful, I do like some parts of the presented cake and disliked some parts by the homecooks.

1st macaroon cake (purple colored macaroon which I'm guess is from Swarna since there was a chocolate ganache part which Ranveer commented on) - I do like the presentation however the finishing could've been bit better since bottom portion and the purple colored frosting were looking somewhat unclean. The macaroons were looking nice though.

2nd macaroon cake (probably by Shanta)- it was looking pretty neatly presented like for a wedding party or something. Macaroon placed at the bottom was nice, however, there was some unclean finishing with the macaroon filling coming out.

3rd macaroon cake (probably by Sachin)- I feel it wasn't his best dish though I do like the visual colors. However, outer layer ki frosting was not properly finished. All of us know the results.

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

For the black apron round, contestants will go through three challenges each based on presentation (cake decoration), innovation (this dry fruit mithai) and taste (macaron). Clearly all of these aren’t Aruna’s strong points, so I’m still hoping against hope that she leaves this week.

Each member of Suvarnas team had 5 extra minutes in a challenge. Suvarna could choose who gets the 5 extra minutes in a particular challenge.

Cake decoration -

Shanta had 5 extra minutes. She made chocolate ducks and a nest with sugar strings (loved the colour). She also added sugar coated hazelnuts. Overall it was a nice looking cake, not the best but ok.

Gurkirat - he was all over the place. He had some chocolate swirls on his cake. He was trying to do something with his sugar in the oven but didn’t want to shut it because he didn’t want a high temperature, but the oven wouldn’t heat properly. Anyway he had hardened lumpy colourful sugar. He powdered that and blew it on the cake. Yes, literally!

Sachin - he had a spun sugar arch on his cake, which to me looked plain. I agree with the judges who said he could’ve added something extra on it - maybe small sugar flowers or butterflies or just colourful balls. His cake also had chocolate hearts. A little too much for my taste.

Suvarna - she had gigantic chocolate leaves and huge sugar lollipops. Loved the colours but that cake reminded me of a 5 year olds ‘candy land’ themed birthday party. It was evident that this wasn’t her forte.

Aruna - she made chocolate jalis that were huge and put it all around her cake. Honestly whatever she did with the sugar couldn’t be seen because the jalis blocked everything. Anybody can do better. It’s like she didn’t even try! To me it looked like she’d dumped a bunch of sugar shards in the centre.

Nayanjyoti - he made a chocolate flower and placed it right in the centre and decorated the bottom of the cake with golden sugar work. Till there the cake looked ok. But he chose to do a little extra and put droplets all over his cake, which ruined it for me. It was still the best of the lot and he was saved.

Second challenge was to make an innovate dish using ingredients of a dry fruit mithai (karadantu).

Shanta tried to make a chhena cheesecake, but it didn’t set. So she served a deconstructed version in a glass and it looked nice. The judges gave her mixed comments.

Aruna - she made a thandai flavoured dessert with Gond something. Her plate was a mess, her dish confused and overall a disaster. The judges found no positives, but didn’t say so clearly.

Sachin - the judges did him bad. His was the best looking and a fairly innovative dish. I won’t say it was the most innovative, but overall an excellent dish. On the positive side, his flavours were praised. He made a date roulade crusted with pistachios, almond ice cream, poppy tuille and a jaggery caramel sauce. The judges absolutely loved the jaggery caramel sauce and said if you showed innovativeness like this, we would’ve already sent you to the balcony. He made the jaggery sauce - if that was such a good innovation, should’ve saved him.

Gurkirat - he made a date lamington with fig icing and some nutty element. Honestly the dish looked good and sounded good too. I don’t know if he deserved to be saved over Sachin. But if his dish wasn’t best, it definitely was second best.

Suvarna - she literally called Nayanjyoti to ask him how she should bake the chhena poda. This shouldn’t be allowed. Anyway she made a chhena poda, a karanji, some sauce. Someone rightly said the karanji was too big and looked like the burj Khalifa on the dish. Ranveer had told her to make the karanjis small and delicate. But this woman is as stubborn as a mule! I dont think the elements of this dish combine well.

Anyway Gurkirat was saved in this round. Tomorrow they will make macarons and I’m excited for that. I will be traveling tomorrow and will be gone for a week, so hope to get all the dope from here. I’ll watch the episode online if possible.

Edited by Raina101 - 1 years ago
Cookermaichane thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Expressionist (January 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 9

Gurki on start of Epi

-desert tooh mai hamesha banta hu tooh aaj tooh mera ho jayega

few moments later

-nahi ho raha hai mujse chef vikas 😒

chomu doesn’t know how to use oven

and Gurki blowing sugar crystals on the cake through his mouth 🤢

Is this hygiene standard of master chef India 👎🏼