Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: teddybearcastle

That was bizzare. Why innovate pani puri? Woh apne aap mein teek hai 😂

Like I said i did not quite understand the challenge. Either it should have been direct - Liquid to Solid(like ice cream or anything else). Or use it to cook a fabulous dish. Yeh na idar ka tha, na udar ka tha!

@bold, and you think Gurki and Aruna didn't cook fabulous dish?! They are the ones who decided that khandvi and whatever dish Gurki spinned on should exist in the first place. It's their glory and mercy on this world!

SlatePencil thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 6

Why they are not having wild card this season? Anybody can have bad day and get eliminated. The eliminated contestants deserve one more chance to prove themselves. Also the existing contestants would have got some rest as they are continuously cooking since the beginning of the show.

SlatePencil thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

To edit out the trophy from Nayan's hands to Aruna's.

Okay.. I am already imagining Aruna in moustache and Nayan with long hairs😳

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: LuvAlways

Why they are not having wild card this season? Anybody can have bad day and get eliminated. The eliminated contestants deserve one more chance to prove themselves. Also the existing contestants would have got some rest as they are continuously cooking since the beginning of the show.

They would have brought in wild card before picking top 10. But ig they don't want to kuch competition for certain someones

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 1 years ago
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

Pani puri ko innovate karna to solid form was bizarre for some reason too. 😂

wo pani puri ka paani tha to convert to solid form. sachin cudhave used that without poori too
Edited by naq5 - 1 years ago
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: teddybearcastle

Honestly I did not understand the challenge itself. It should have been cooking with the liquid. Probably they started off with some molecular gastronomy stuff and realised ops, this is Master Chef India where people who have no clue what they are cooking are present in top 7! So changed it to use the liquid to cook a solid dish but forgot to edit the intro of the episode and the rules are selectively applicable 😂😂

I get more fun trolling and chatting here than watching the episode. Episodes are boring now

basically they had to keep the taste of the liquid intact in the solid. adding besan & making khandvi certainly dosent give off chaas taste. for eg in gurkiraats case the solid had the main flavor of masala chai
1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LuvAlways

Okay.. I am already imagining Aruna in moustache and Nayan with long hairs😳

Lol, then they should meme of "naiyo lagda" thats been going on for few days on SM.
1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

Today contestants had to taste a dish and guess the ingredients and as much as I detest her, Aruna was smart - she named the easy and most visible ingredients - rice, lotus stem, salt, etc. other contestants started naming ingredients that weren’t visible to the eye or were minuscule. Aruna and Suvarna were the last two women standing and they were the team captains.

Aruna got to choose her contestant first and she chose Shanta, Aruna chose Nayanjyoti, then Aruna chose Sachin and Aruna got Gurkirat.

Gurkirat as winner of yesterdays task got an advantage of 10 minutes extra time, which the whole team will benefit from, so all three cooks can cook for extra time (should’ve just been Gurkirat).

They have to make innovative Indian thalis for 20, and their dishes should reflect each contestants roots/journeys.

Aruna’s teams menu is 100% Aruna - Marwadi and South Indian dishes and Suvarnas is 100% Suvarna with majorly Maharashtrian dishes.

Aruna’s menu sounds more interesting for the moment, but from the precap we see that her gatta pulao is extremely spicy.

Suvarna was making a khatti meethi dal which was too spicy so Chef Prateek asked her to add jaggery and salt.
There’s some chaos in Suvarnas team - Shanta insists they cook rice and Suvarna wants Sachin to concentrate on Bharwan mirch instead. I think Shanta is right, while the rice is cooking the bharwan mirch can be stuffed. You can’t have a thali without rice.

Suvarnas team didn’t have a papad and aachar, so she’s working around it, Aruna’s team had no astringent and bitter flavours so she’s using kasoori methi. Also one of her vegetable preps was too little so she’s adding boiled and mashed potato.

The chefs already think Aruna’s menu is better and her captaincy is better.

We all know which team will win, I’m not expected any surprises.

I think you meant Swarna chose first, no?

Aruna played it safe by naming the common ingredients. I don't remember which season it was but I vaguely remember that during the finale week, one of the judges removed some common ingredient like salt or something because it was any easy guess by anyone that salt would be apparent. Obviously, there are people who eat saltless food for their reasons but over here, it was an easy guess. It was bizarre that Gurkirat's team used Gurkirat's advantage for the entire team -- maybe should've let Gurkirat start off the cooking.

Aruna's team did have, I think, a Bengali dishi, Luchi and some Punjabi dish but idk if they will make it or not. I felt the bitterness part was a bit stupid since at this stage, having some iota of which flavors bring bitterness should be registered -- anyone can figure out that bitter gourd can do the job whereas some might be somewhat oblivious about kasuri methi's role in delivering the bitterness. Swarna's dish w/o a doubt 100% Maharashtrian. Counters were looking cluttered and Swarna as a captain seemed to struggle.

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

I think you meant Swarna chose first, no?

Aruna played it safe by naming the common ingredients. I don't remember which season it was but I vaguely remember that during the finale week, one of the judges removed some common ingredient like salt or something because it was any easy guess by anyone that salt would be apparent. Obviously, there are people who eat saltless food for their reasons but over here, it was an easy guess. It was bizarre that Gurkirat's team used Gurkirat's advantage for the entire team -- maybe should've let Gurkirat start off the cooking.

Aruna's team did have, I think, a Bengali dishi, Luchi and some Punjabi dish but idk if they will make it or not. I felt the bitterness part was a bit stupid since at this stage, having some iota of which flavors bring bitterness should be registered -- anyone can figure out that bitter gourd can do the job whereas some might be somewhat oblivious about kasuri methi's role in delivering the bitterness. Swarna's dish w/o a doubt 100% Maharashtrian. Counters were looking cluttered and Swarna as a captain seemed to struggle.

Yes I did mean Suvarna chose first.

I have a feeling this may go in Suvarnas favour - the dabbawalas are Maharashtrian and that’s the taste they’re accustomed to. Maybe that could give the blue team brownie points

sumaishu thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Raina101

Yes I did mean Suvarna chose first.

I have a feeling this may go in Suvarnas favour - the dabbawalas are Maharashtrian and that’s the taste they’re accustomed to. Maybe that could give the blue team brownie points

All six are in black apron