Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1195620 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Raina101

The judges were back to praising their favourites for nothing. Such a disappointment episode.

Aruna - she got chhas and her ingredient was dahi! Such an easy to use ingredient and she makes khandvi!!! Like seriously? As far as I know khandvi is rolled out thin, hers was neither thin nor even. The judges liked the masala tadka - which was mustard seeds and sesame seeds, like a regular khandvi. She made a fafda with fried mirchi. Papaya salad and chutney. Every Gujrati family makes these things regularly. And judges couldn’t stop praising her. With such an easy ingredient, I’d expect more. LOL, I was still confused when the fafda dough was still hard, she used it as it was and served it on the platter and she got rave reviews for it 😂 . 😆Judges repeatedly told her that the dough was hard. At first, she mentioned pithod early in the episode during cooking time so I was confused as to whether she's serving pithod or khandvi before serving the khandvi.😆 Papaya salad was poorly presented visually. 😆

Gurkirat - he made masala chai flavoured tiramisu. His lady finger biscuits didn’t turn out as expected and I thought his plating looked quite bad. The judges not only loved his plating but also his dish. They said that all the biscuits weren’t soaked well in tea and that worked for them? WTF was that? Then you’re serving biscuits with a cream cheese frosting. The dish was just looking so cluttered. Swarna's dish was better looking than his. The whole 1/2 soaked comment was thrown in air lol and I still wonder how the hell it worked in his favor

Honestly, none of the dishes were the best looking in today's episode. Though Shanta and Sachin did have good conceptualization of their dishes.

Word Count: 1

teddybearcastle thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CottonWorld

Yeah. Reynold is from a family of chefs apparently. So I guess that does give him a boost to be that successful. He struggles a lill with savoury. You can see that he is not that confident with it. I didn't watch s13 much. I watched s14 for the first time and I'm still in awe with Billy's cooking. She's the GOAT of MasterChef in general. So confident and calm.

I have not watched S14. I’ll go watch Billy.

Reynolds’s brother is a chef but he is in Indonesia i think. May be belonging to a family of chefs worked for Reynold to be successful with his venture but his time in the competition he dished out beautiful desserts. He has some magic in his hands to whip up dessert after dessert.

CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: teddybearcastle

I have not watched S14. I’ll go watch Billy.

Reynolds’s brother is a chef but he is in Indonesia i think. May be belonging to a family of chefs worked for Reynold to be successful with his venture but his time in the competition he dished out beautiful desserts. He has some magic in his hands to whip up dessert after dessert.

The concept of s14 might seem a lil unfair but I was solely watching for Billy, Alvin and Mindy.

You should give it a try.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Maybe she should’ve lit fairy lights under it! Sometimes I don’t understand the judges comments.

Then you’re serving biscuits with a cream cheese frosting.

M dead🤣

1195620 thumbnail

I'm still wondering how a partially soaked masala chai sponge was working in Gurki's favor? Dish was obviously pathetically cluttered with whatever the white crumbles or whatever. Like how is the tiramisu a "good presentation?" I've seen better tiramisu presentations lol.

Just like the west adopted our turmeric and started claiming it as theirs, Garima adopted Sangria from Spain and called it India’s iconic drink 😂😂 why didn’t they have filter kaapi? Even paanagam(done during ram navami in South India/ Kashmiri Kahwa).

I thought the challenge was to convert the liquid to solid initially. If it was like how I thought then except Sachin & Suvarna all of them failed.

Using liquid in a main dish w/o loosing it’s essence is okay, no big deal at this stage in the competition. Garima asking if Santa has had Sangria was a bit silly as she knows Santa does not drink. Even if u drink not necessarily they should have had sangria. That said, she attempted a new technique which should be appreciated.

Using butter milk in a dish is as simple as it goes. Since she has already made rice cake using buttermilk and rava idli, she went to do khandvi. It was not even. They showed it on zoom, so we could see. Stacking them on top of each other was boring. Did not see how she made fafda. Many of u have already written a lot about it already. Ranveer got confused with the masala used in masala Chas & basic tadka for Khandvi. No, Ranveer no. Malasa chas does not have mustard and sesame in it. Papaya salad was ok. Not so pretty looking. What on earth he meant by Indianess in the dish?

Next is masala chai. Masala chai tiramisu, not new. I did not get what Gurki did with the lady finger biscuit. Can Garima not figure out if it will set by seeing the mix? If u open the oven when it is in the middle of cooking his already spread cookies will spread even more 😂 his dish looked boring. Also his biscuit manifested itself as a sponge to the judges. If u don’t soak the biscuit fully it will be crispy on top. He put masala chai only on the bottom.

Tomato Saru is not welcome drink 🤦🏻‍♀️ he knows his mistakes. So I am sure Nayan will do better tomorrow. He could have made a savoury cake/ dhokla with the tomato saru/ pan cakes. No one has ever made savoury pancake. Use animal fat instead of butter to get the mouthfeel of the fat or he could use shuddh desi Amul ghee & do a clip where he says that he is using Amul ghee for making his pan cakes. There could be chutney based on saaru ingredients. Psst, I am not the contestant and I am in way too many food forums, watched too many angrezi cooking shows 😂

Suvarna’s dish was very pretty. Fine dining wala plate lag raha tha. Sol Kadhi does not have a red colour. It is more of a pink shade. RB was wearing that colour shirt. The judges found out falthu ka errors.

Shanta got Sangria. She does not drink alcohol. So if Aruna’s sentiments were respected so should the others. That never happens. Also, why did she get to cook with alcohol twice? About her dish - she attempted a new technique. Kudos to that. She used too big utensil to poach a pear. Didn’t they teach the contestants to prick the pear so that it absorbs the liquid. This is the great Indian hack to get flavours inside any veggie/ fruit.
Sachin - whatever he cooks is not innovation enough or not good. Garima had told Aruna many episodes back not to use anything which is not edible on the plate & Sachin used raw Rajma as a base to serve his pomme souffle. He could have done pani poori ka theeka pani flavoured snacks like chakli, makhana, instant idly/ rice flour balls 😂

Also why no one thought of ice-cream? Does it become fusion?

Edited by teddybearcastle - 1 years ago

They missed tender coconut water which could be an amazing liquid to work with at this level.

Originally posted by: Saammy7

Why not KDK? She is so good

She was safe even before Abu Dhabi. They would have called her when they need extra person for team challenge

The judges were back to praising their favourites for nothing. Such a disappointment episode.

Aruna - she got chhas and her ingredient was dahi! Such an easy to use ingredient and she makes khandvi!!! Like seriously? As far as I know khandvi is rolled out thin, hers was neither thin nor even. The judges liked the masala tadka - which was mustard seeds and sesame seeds, like a regular khandvi. She made a fafda with fried mirchi. Papaya salad and chutney. Every Gujrati family makes these things regularly. And judges couldn’t stop praising her. With such an easy ingredient, I’d expect more.

Shanta - she tried to make something complicated, she wanted to make a chicken cold cut, but it was crumbly. She poached a pear which wasn’t even, but the citrus flavours and thought of her dish was praised. Honestly it didn’t look like a great dish or plating but full marks for trying something different.

Nayanjyoti - he made a roasted tomato marinated prawn curry and coconut rice. He recieved very mixed comments. Not a great looking dish and didn’t follow the concept of liquid to solid - gravy is still liquid.

Sachin - he made a deconstructed pani puri, a slightly different variant of the regular pani puri. He made a granita of the pani. I think that was the easiest thing to do with the liquid. But I liked the thought of a deconstructed pani puri. The judges were like you served us pani puri, where’s the innovation? Why is innovation only expected from him? His pani had too much chilli and didn’t get good reviews, though they liked the plating and thought it was a great amuse bouche at a restaurant.

Suvarna - she made a sol kadhi flavoured caked kokum jelly, coconut ice cream and jeera crisp. I personally liked the sound of it and thought it would be an interesting dish to try. The judges weren’t impressed. Her kokum jelly was a lovely bright magenta - red. The judges wanted it to be brighter. Maybe she should’ve lit fairy lights under it! Sometimes I don’t understand the judges comments.

Gurkirat - he made masala chai flavoured tiramisu. His lady finger biscuits didn’t turn out as expected and I thought his plating looked quite bad. The judges not only loved his plating but also his dish. They said that all the biscuits weren’t soaked well in tea and that worked for them? WTF was that? Then you’re serving biscuits with a cream cheese frosting.

@bold 1 - i am laughing so much. Fairy lights wala idea not bad!

@bold 2 - he did not dunk the biscuits in masala tea. His messed up but the biscuits with frosting worked for the judges. The biscuits could have had some shape. It got weirdly spread out, looked ugly. Fir bhi tareef & dish of the day 🤷🏻‍♀️

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cpu4ctTIA_O/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

No Sachin? All other contestants who cooked are speaking, but not Sachin. How unfair