Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BombayChic thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Priyanka did deserve to go. Her last 1-1.5 weeks have been terrible . Every dish was off if i remember correctly . Her plating too was bad most times. Good that sachin got another chance.

JustRandomGirl thumbnail
JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Spicyfood

Priyanka out

Next Aruna ko out kar dena bhagwan ji

yeh kuch zyaada hogaya itna lalach acha nahi hai 😛
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

So after all the clues the contestants got their main ingredient -

Suvarna - mutton

Priyanka - prawn

Gurkirat - trout

Sachin - quail

I thought Sachin had a disadvantage here, the other three are fairly common ingredients and the contestants have either cooked with them, seen it being cooked or have some idea. Quail is not a common ingredient and many may not have even tried it.

Quite liked Suvarnas attitude today. She took the challenge head on, treating the grill like a sigree and got to work. I knew she’d have the best dish the moment I got to know she had mutton. I kind of even guessed she would make gavran mutton. And her dish was fantastic.

Priyanka made a pineapple flavoured kasundi - flavours of which were praised. She also marinated her prawn in that and grilled it with a banana leaf wrapping. As an accompaniment she served rice cooked with coconut milk and coconut water with kaffir line. I thought her dish sounded very interesting, as did the judges. The found her proportion of rice to prawn too much, she’d just served one prawn. And Garima thought her rice was undercooked. To me it looked like a mush.

Sachin - he made a tandoori marinated quail with a pepper and pineapple gravy and herb oil served with missi roti. Judges liked his plating, which to me was average. His gravy was praised by all three judges. I think he’s nailing it with gravy’s with roasted pepper (also in the family round). Garima also liked his marination on the quail, but clearly his quail was burnt in some parts (though that’s how tandoori items are served at many places). Vikas also liked the roti server. His handling of the grill and that he learns from previous challenges was also praised. So overall it was a good day for him.

Gurkirat - his trout seemed fine - he marinated it with balsamic vinegar and lemon zest (and something else). It was accompanied with a carrot sauce, grilled asparagus and a naan. Hated both Ranveer and Gurkirat referring to naan as naan bread. Next they’ll probably say chai tea and turmeric latte. His playing was okay, not as great as they praised him. The naan looked too small for the portion of fish, but nobody commented on that.

Sachin (of course) and Priyanka were the bottom two. It was sad to see Priyanka leave, but today her dish was indeed the weakest looking.
Priyanka may have made more desserts in the kitchen, but even when she made savoury, she was creative, took risks and always served something new. I would’ve liked to see her in the top 5/6.
But I’m happy for Sachin. I’m compelled to believe the judges try hard to eliminate him, but he comes up with some great dishes in the black apron challenge. For the last 4-5 weeks I’ve been expecting him to be eliminated, so every additional week is a bonus. But seeing his growth and attitude, I’d like for him to stay till the end (and even win).

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

By the way, Sachin broke the jinx that whoever gets paired with Suvarna is eliminated!!

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Raina101

By the way, Sachin broke the jinx that whoever gets paired with Suvarna is eliminated!!

Making up for Priya's elimination..

1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

I think if he was eliminated perhaps another troll ki tsunami was on the verge that ki jaanbuch k usko Swarna k saath pair kia. 😆
altgr thumbnail

When is the finale?

1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: altgr

When is the finale?

probably in end of march or something or early april...i wish the show is just finished ASAP...
teddybearcastle thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deltablues

Sorry but would disagree here. Gurki, a vegetarian, who had never used the grill was being guided regarding only that. On the other hand, Priyanka, a Bengali, undercooked rice. There's no excuse for that.

Gurki is not a vegetarian AFAIK. He can eat non veg. He didn’t know how to cook non veg when until he was in Master Chef. I remember his bts in which he said please don’t have non veg. I don’t know how to cook.