Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

M nt gonna watch, what was the challange and did NJ survive it?😂

They all survived it. Santa got an advantage. That was basically the point of the challenge. To give someone an advantage for tomorrow's team challenge.

average-student thumbnail

NJ didn't get much positive comments today..plating not good, fish could be taken next level blah blah blah..one lady made rice and veggie and was praised to the next galaxy 😆 guess who?😳

Edited by average-student - 1 years ago
SoniRita thumbnail

Originally posted by: average-student

NJ didn't get much positive comments today..plating not good, fish could be taken next level blah blah blah..one lady made rice and veggie and was praised to the next galaxy 😆 guess who?😳

Well nothing new abt aruna 🤢😡

Poor NJ

BombayChic thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I might be playing devils advocate here, but sometimes the hate towards Aruna seems unnecessary. Yes she might be affluent with connections but you also cant deny that she is a good cook. Yes others cooking meat/ fish etc might be tough but no one is stopping them from cooking vegetarian dishes. And frankly no one experiments / innovates with their plating or cooking maybe just Sachin tries and fails. I feel everyones doing the same thing week after week. So obviously it then goes to the taste and flavors which might be good in Arunas case . There is a bias surely but it may not be everytime.

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Todays episode was pretty bland. So basically they had to cook in 45 minutes if they cooked with just the first ingredients (black lemon), and hour with 2 ingredients (black lemon and dates) and and hour 15 minutes with three ingredients (black lemon, dates and paneer). No one chose the third option and only Priyanka chose just one option.

I don’t think anyone created an innovative dish today. These are all dishes that we’ve had or heard of several times.

Priyanka has to work with black lemon only and she made a cheesecake filling in a baklava. Her dish didn’t taste enough of the black lemon. Her plate looked good to me and had the negative space judges talk about, but the judges criticized it while liking similar playing styles for other contestants.

Gurkirat made rice and meat with lemon and served it with a date, lemon a tomato sauce with salad. Looked pretty meh to me, but judges liked his plating and dish.

Nayanjyoti made lemon pepper fish and served it with tabbouleh. In his own words the fish was over cooked. Judges weren’t impressed.

Shanta made a roll stuffed with dates. Her roll was made of phyllo pastry - so it was really another version of baklava. The judges liked her dish and plating and the use of lemon. They also rightly spoke of her growth on the show. They even went so far as to say that if this dish was made in the finals, she’s have won.

Aruna - she made Irans national dish - ghormeh sabzi. Honestly, I’ve had it before and it reminds me of Sindhi saibhaji. Nothing innovative or spectacular about it. Ghormeh sabzi is usually made with meat, but this was a meatless version. Even though the judges told her she really needs to work on her plating, she got a 7/10 on plating! She used the dates only in the salad, so she didn’t really cook with it. Interesting.

Honestly none of the dishes were masterchef level today. I think everyone should’ve gotten a disadvantage tomorrow for such substandard cooking. If this was Sachin, he’d have been in the black apron challenge immediately or maybe even eliminated.

I remember in season 4 (could be the wrong season), they went to the Middle East (Dubai, I think) and the challenge was so much harder. Make a dish using no water. Ingredients were things most would’ve never have used or seen (I only remember camels milk and grape leaves). This time the complexity level is in the negative

teddybearcastle thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

Todays episode was pretty bland. So basically they had to cook in 45 minutes if they cooked with just the first ingredients (black lemon), and hour with 2 ingredients (black lemon and dates) and and hour 15 minutes with three ingredients (black lemon, dates and paneer). No one chose the third option and only Priyanka chose just one option.

I don’t think anyone created an innovative dish today. These are all dishes that we’ve had or heard of several times.

Priyanka has to work with black lemon only and she made a cheesecake filling in a baklava. Her dish didn’t taste enough of the black lemon. Her plate looked good to me and had the negative space judges talk about, but the judges criticized it while liking similar playing styles for other contestants.

Gurkirat made rice and meat with lemon and served it with a date, lemon a tomato sauce with salad. Looked pretty meh to me, but judges liked his plating and dish.

Nayanjyoti made lemon pepper fish and served it with tabbouleh. In his own words the fish was over cooked. Judges weren’t impressed.

Shanta made a roll stuffed with dates. Her roll was made of phyllo pastry - so it was really another version of baklava. The judges liked her dish and plating and the use of lemon. They also rightly spoke of her growth on the show. They even went so far as to say that if this dish was made in the finals, she’s have won.

Aruna - she made Irans national dish - ghormeh sabzi. Honestly, I’ve had it before and it reminds me of Sindhi saibhaji. Nothing innovative or spectacular about it. Ghormeh sabzi is usually made with meat, but this was a meatless version. Even though the judges told her she really needs to work on her plating, she got a 7/10 on plating! She used the dates only in the salad, so she didn’t really cook with it. Interesting.

Honestly none of the dishes were masterchef level today. I think everyone should’ve gotten a disadvantage tomorrow for such substandard cooking. If this was Sachin, he’d have been in the black apron challenge immediately or maybe even eliminated.

I remember in season 4 (could be the wrong season), they went to the Middle East (Dubai, I think) and the challenge was so much harder. Make a dish using no water. Ingredients were things most would’ve never have used or seen (I only remember camels milk and grape leaves). This time the complexity level is in the negative

Yes, season 4. The top 8 went to Dubai. I was trying to search for that episode. Could not find anywhere online.

This season is full on drama from the trio. Whatever they cook it’ll be the best.

1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: average-student

chawal purey failey hue lagre teh...aisa lagra tah mano chawal k side mei aur roasted sabzi & salad ko bas side mei patak dia lol..side mei patani kya failaya hua ta on the plate ...ghormeh sabzi, honrstly i never had so i can't comment much on how it tastes to be frank...
sumaishu thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Happy holi and happy woman's day to all 🎊 🎉 💕 🤗

1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

Gurkirat's dish wasn't innovative presentation wise. Maybe taste wise it could be balanced but plating could be better.

Nayan's dish was looking too simple even though correct utensil was used to present it.

Shanta's dish was probably better looking in comparison to others and it indeed was a modified baklava type of dish. So, I think out of all the dishes she did deserve the dish of the day.

Priyanka's plating wasn't that bad frankly speaking. The rose-shaped cheesecake was nice and the contrasting swipe of the syrups at the bottom wasn't that bad. Taste wise, it seemed like lime wasn't the core ingredient.

Aruna's dish wasn't loooking great, IMO. The chawal presentation was thoda faila hua sa and it just looked like the roasted veggies and salad were added more like as accompaniment to the dish. I've never had ghormeh sabzi so I can't comment much over but seemed like judges went gaga over it based on the taste. Though it was looking like a dark green veggies can used in it based on the color of the sabzi.

Though I do agree, the dishes were pretty much not masterchef level for sure. Something was definitely off in today's episode

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail

Yesterday's epi- again only 2 page discussion 😆

I did not watch happily too😛