Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: MinionBoss

In MC India though the ticket to finale holder would just be safe. They wouldn't participate in any challenges unless they were proxy for someone. So seems a bit weird, but I guess anything for Aruna. 😆

Anything can happen they are making or binding rules kabhi bhi. Also since task is between two remaining seven left toh either toh they directly gave her to Aruna or gave her option to who she wants to be paired with toh she probably chose Aruna since they seems to be besties offscreen too.

reborn-re thumbnail

How many finalist there used to be in MasterChef India before I forgot?

teddybearcastle thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MommaMomma

I feel the contestants are so basic this season, if I had participated even I would've gone far I guess 😆 I mean I've been using malpua mix and making waffles out of them since such a long time. All these things are so basic and nowadays available locally. I saw the judges going gaga over someone's rasmalai cake acting as if it's such an innovation when it's available in literally every second bakery in most of the big cities.

And as a bengali myself, I'm pretty sure half of Priyanka's efforts at creating fusion bengali dishes are trash right from the concept stage itself. She is just a limited dessert chef and cannot make savoury. For her, making a fusion bengali dish is just adding gondhoraj lemon and paanch phoron to every dish. Go to calcutta and even small phuchka shops do these fusion dishes like gondhoraj phuchka, etc. There's such a lack of innovation that it's disappointing!

All are running with the same dishes. Too many lasagna, noodles, tortellini, kalakand, way too much chicken roast, gondhoroj lemon, way too many pies, tarts, mille-fuellie. The contestants simply do the dish which is well received from the judges.
@bold - after seeing roti mille-fuellie & Aruna’s dishes i felt the same 😁 All her cooking are run off the mill stuff which majority of tamil people cook. My mom would laugh if I say they are cooking rasam, avial etc in a competition.

ananya3129 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

They used to have 4 finalists before for season 5 & 6

reborn-re thumbnail

Originally posted by: ananya3129

They used to have 4 finalists before for season 5 & 6

They might do 4 this time take 6 like Indian idol used to have 3 finalists too finale now they take 5 or 6.

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Todays episode was pretty meh.

Garimas dish wasn’t visually appealing to me. It may have tasted good, but it’s not something that I would order by description or looks.

I think Shanta got a very big advantage, she got a ready cake - which is a time consuming element to cook.

I was surprised to see all of them struggling with the millet bowl, when they have made chikkis several times in the competition. I know this ingredients were different but the concept is the same.

I noticed Aruna specifying she’s made a vegetarian cake, so maybe she got a tweaked recipe to make an eggless cake.

Today Gurkirats dish was quite bad it seems - not one element was considered ok by the judges. Thai just goes on to prove what several others have said - that he’s just been getting lucky in group challenges. Like Priyanka, I think he’s most comfortable with desserts.

I was a little upset at KDK winning the ticket to finale. I mean they would’ve taken her to the finale anyway. I have no doubt about that. She does seem to be Ranveers favourite. Seriously the mummy knows about swad and all that was so annoying. Aruna is a mummy, as are Suvarna and Deepa. Not sure about the others. Why no mummy jaap for them? KDK’s children aren’t even small kids that she’s left at home. They’ve made such a big deal.

I know mummy’s who are bad cooks and have zero knowledge about swad. There are many me or women without children who have amazing knowledge of flavours.

I was just happy that they found some faults on Aruna’s dish. Nothing will make me happier than to see Aruna leave before Sachin. They’ve done him wrong. But of course, paisa bolta hai!

Did you guys notice Aruna’s face when Nayanjyotis dish was announced as one of the top 2? Though I think she was genuinely happy for KDK

1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

Todays episode was pretty meh.

Garimas dish wasn’t visually appealing to me. It may have tasted good, but it’s not something that I would order by description or looks.

I think Shanta got a very big advantage, she got a ready cake - which is a time consuming element to cook.

I was surprised to see all of them struggling with the millet bowl, when they have made chikkis several times in the competition. I know this ingredients were different but the concept is the same.

I noticed Aruna specifying she’s made a vegetarian cake, so maybe she got a tweaked recipe to make an eggless cake.

Today Gurkirats dish was quite bad it seems - not one element was considered ok by the judges. Thai just goes on to prove what several others have said - that he’s just been getting lucky in group challenges. Like Priyanka, I think he’s most comfortable with desserts.

I was a little upset at KDK winning the ticket to finale. I mean they would’ve taken her to the finale anyway. I have no doubt about that. She does seem to be Ranveers favourite. Seriously the mummy knows about swad and all that was so annoying. Aruna is a mummy, as are Suvarna and Deepa. Not sure about the others. Why no mummy jaap for them? KDK’s children aren’t even small kids that she’s left at home. They’ve made such a big deal.

I know mummy’s who are bad cooks and have zero knowledge about swad. There are many me or women without children who have amazing knowledge of flavours.

I was just happy that they found some faults on Aruna’s dish. Nothing will make me happier than to see Aruna leave before Sachin. They’ve done him wrong. But of course, paisa bolta hai!

Did you guys notice Aruna’s face when Nayanjyotis dish was announced as one of the top 2? Though I think she was genuinely happy for KDK

The title of Garima's dish was too simple also. Maybe if "Millets ki Masti" or something even better could've thought of. Dish was definitely average looking. Also, to me, green apple goley aren't much innovative since I remember seeing a video on YT some time ago.

Shanta got a good advantage.

Aruna cleaning the sweat from her face without a towel was so unhygienic. Gurkirat's overconfidence was stupid. Aruna relies a lot either the contestants or the judges or the chef Aanal to make her job easier (check the time when Ranveer was the rolling the unprepped sugar).

I felt when Shanta panicked over the sugar prep, thats when I think it caused bit of downfall.

I begged to differ with Kdk over preference because what I felt she did was alternate the amount of milk than calling it a "her preference" to establish the black garlic puree as I feel she changed the taste texture, IMO. Yes, there is taste preference but you're being told to replicate the dish so to me her dish would be 80% replicated only.

When Aruna mentioned veg cake, I also suspected a change in the recipe. Also, her opinion on not getting the advantage, Lol like people give a damn. 🤣 🤣 🤣 .

I do respect Shanta for understanding where she went wrong. Today, might've not been her day but her learning of what she went wrong over the recipe was much respected.

Though I do like Aruna's dish receiving the flak from judges, it is still on purpose, IMO, just because the viewers called out partiality in the last couple of weeks thereby channel interference to cater to the viewers. It's quite evident.

Nayan's dish was pretty much a replica of Garima's dish. Kdk's dish was terrible -- look at the gole ka presentation. 🤢Kdk conversation over black garlic was stupid. Maybe taste wise, it could be fine but the whole even distribution and all that jazz was OTT.

WTH was Gurki doing with the linear presentation of the gola? 😂 Inadequately proportionated.

1195620 thumbnail

Precap opinion - just mad pissed that Kdk is the finalist. As a member of the red team, she was panicky thus the dish fell. What she did was a safety hazard with the knee jerk reaction especially over the hot tava touching her body, it could've caused some serious burns!

reborn-re thumbnail

Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

The title of Garima's dish was too simple also. Maybe if "Millets ki Masti" or something even better could've thought of. Dish was definitely average looking. Also, to me, green apple goley aren't much innovative since I remember seeing a video on YT some time ago.

Shanta got a good advantage.

Aruna cleaning the sweat from her face without a towel was so unhygienic. Gurkirat's overconfidence was stupid. Aruna relies a lot either the contestants or the judges or the chef Aanal to make her job easier (check the time when Ranveer was the rolling the unprepped sugar).

I felt when Shanta panicked over the sugar prep, thats when I think it caused bit of downfall.

I begged to differ with Kdk over preference because what I felt she did was alternate the amount of milk than calling it a "her preference" to establish the black garlic puree as I feel she changed the taste texture, IMO. Yes, there is taste preference but you're being told to replicate the dish so to me her dish would be 80% replicated only.

When Aruna mentioned veg cake, I also suspected a change in the recipe. Also, her opinion on not getting the advantage, Lol like people give a damn. 🤣 🤣 🤣 .

I do respect Shanta for understanding where she went wrong. Today, might've not been her day but her learning of what she went wrong over the recipe was much respected.

Though I do like Aruna's dish receiving the flak from judges, it is still on purpose, IMO, just because the viewers called out partiality in the last couple of weeks thereby channel interference to cater to the viewers. It's quite evident.

Nayan's dish was pretty much a replica of Garima's dish. Kdk's dish was terrible -- look at the gole ka presentation. 🤢Kdk conversation over black garlic was stupid. Maybe taste wise, it could be fine but the whole even distribution and all that jazz was OTT.

WTH was Gurki doing with the linear presentation of the gola? 😂 Inadequately proportionated.

If according to the todays replica dish Nayan should have won but if overall this week challenges Shanta deserves that ticket. Also like Shanta even Nayan told his weak element that cake which come dry and he accepted that but Madam Aruna and her overconfidence when Ranveer ask her she was 8.5 to 9 and she was sure that it was pretty close to Garima’s dish.

1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: reborn-re

If according to the todays replica dish Nayan should have won but if overall this week challenges Shanta deserves that ticket. Also like Shanta even Nayan told his weak element that cake which come dry and he accepted that but Madam Aruna and her overconfidence when Ranveer ask her she was 8.5 to 9 and she was sure that it was pretty close to Garima’s dish.

I liked that they admitted where they went wrong & how they tried to come up with a solution for it. Gurki & Aruna's overconfidence killed their dish. Kdk's dish would probably be the 2nd best, IMO since I'm also considering the taste comments though I feel some of them were OTT. Shanta & Nayan definitely do deser