Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SlatePencil thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

Behen, that whole sniffing thing is so irritating. Not all dishes have a pungent smell, so dunno WTH is he searching for. 🤣Aaj ka overemotional hojana, like cut it down Ranveer. Plus speaking in Punjabi with Kdk & Gurkirat. 😕He smiles a lot over Kdk's food.

What if he sneezes someday while sniffing the food😕

SlatePencil thumbnail

Originally posted by: MommaMomma

I feel the contestants are so basic this season, if I had participated even I would've gone far I guess 😆 I mean I've been using malpua mix and making waffles out of them since such a long time. All these things are so basic and nowadays available locally. I saw the judges going gaga over someone's rasmalai cake acting as if it's such an innovation when it's available in literally every second bakery in most of the big cities.

And as a bengali myself, I'm pretty sure half of Priyanka's efforts at creating fusion bengali dishes are trash right from the concept stage itself. She is just a limited dessert chef and cannot make savoury. For her, making a fusion bengali dish is just adding gondhoraj lemon and paanch phoron to every dish. Go to calcutta and even small phuchka shops do these fusion dishes like gondhoraj phuchka, etc. There's such a lack of innovation that it's disappointing!

Priyanka said in her audition that she participated in MC so that she can open her own cafe. I live in Kolkata and I will never visit her cafe to taste her weird fusions😆

musicalstorm thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Did anyone notice Aruna's weird face when Gurki was applying color to her. 🤣🤣

She was annoyed.

teddybearcastle thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

Coming to today's episode-

~~~main course dishes

Nayanjyoti - I felt plating was fine but felt bit disconnected with this Indo-Italian fusion + Holi connection for the main course. Plating also could've been better to salvage out the main course. Seems like the palate cleansing agent like some cheese was missing.

Gurkirat- Technically, "Deepinder's dish" LOL. 😂 I do like the plate choice but the dish felt unidimensional color wise. Drooling over Deepinder was just so aggrandized, man! 🤦‍♀️ So much that she was the head chef for him.

Shanta- Dish was vibrant for the main course, though because a lot of my family is from Benaras, I'm familar with the concept thus wasn't much fazed. Khatta meetha pulao, bottle gourd kofta & tomato launji. She got a quite compatible chef. Quite calm & balmy.

Kdk- Sushi presentation was off, IMO. Nayan's tortellini is much better even if it wasn't the best dish. Makhni sauce looked so off. 😐 Rice was uncooked even after Kdk proclaimed it to be piping hot. 😂 When did Kdk not commit blunders, judges? LOL, Sachin gave her the apt idiom earlier in the season - rai ka pahad. 😆

Aruna- Clearly, it looked like mainly Aanal made the main course. Dish wasn't bad looking but I felt Dal chawal + muli salad was too modernized -- I'd rather kept it bit authentic & original. Mooli was uncooked. The overdose of all three judges praising her dish was indigestible like she's the judges' pet.

Swarna- Presentation wasn't the best. Peanut kofta was interesting. The salt usage was unnecessary IMO.

Priyanka- Platting had too many elements, I looked lost. 😂 Kalonji/paneer sauce was unappealing. 😒 Bitterness nailed her dish in the coffin. from the kalonji, panchphoran, and methi daana.

~~~~desserts

Nayanjyoti- The dessert was probably the best dish from him. Color presentation was nice. Rasmalai & thandai cake was interesting with white chocolate. I do feel it was bit over-sweetness and might eat 1-2 bites from a personal choice. Layering was interesting though.

Gurkirat- Gulkhand khoya cream looked interesting in the waffles & plating wasn't that bad. The green sauce splatter was nice. One splatter is enough, tbh.

Aruna- dish looked fine but pan rabdi wasn't impressive to me. Looked low in proportion thus more like a dry dessert & less of a palate cleanser.

Kdk- caramelized boondi was bit too much for me. Thandai cheesecake is already strongly flavored. Meethe tikde is also part of it. Dish is better presented though. Looks like there was a loss of texture like it turned powdery.

Priyanka- Dish looked poorly done. It seemed that the main taste was from strawberry.

Shanta- dish plating was nice & simple. The theme was consistent with the concept of earthy & satvik dish. Pan sherbet was nice & simple. Concept wasn't out of the box but she retained consistency of theme + was calm & composed.

Swarna- I wasn't impressed with the malpua dessert & plating --- like its hiding the dessert. Though it seemed like the anarsa was tasty, it seemed that the chashni was overcooked.

main course -

Jai devi ji/ Aruna

@bold - she is producer/ channel’s pet more than the judges.

anyways, If it was puran poli filling was in the galette does it not become a dessert?. What was with RB telling about tanjore & Calling this combo of puran poli and aamti as Tanjore Marati?
It screams Maharashtra to me all over not TM! Her dal chawal and mooli was not reqd but she had to make more elements/ something? It felt forcefully internationalised. Yet to watch the episode fully. I started watching it and snoOzed off in the noon.

She had the audacity to yell at the sou chef. Sou chef is an actual chef & this lady is not even the title winner yet. What the hell. I would have walked out openly saying I am here to assist you. Stop jumping around like a monkey yelling at me. She did later but I would have done the moment Aruna started showing faces. I believe only Mc provides a platform to directly train w/o education to become a chef. The sou chef should have studied to become a chef and trained for atleast a few years now.

Santa - dish looked simple and clean. Nothing fancy. Kofta could have had a sauce. Nothing to eat with rice but it was ignored. I loved her Sous Chef and her compatibility. If at all I visit Mumbai I’d order from her kitchen. I have been to a few kerala restaurants in Chennai but nothing which is a fully veg and satvik version of it.

KDK - she had the worst main course dish. Why does it always have to be international cuisine? It was some poorly rolled rice with stuffed meat inside and swimming in an ocean of orange gravy. That orange gravy is so basic. It would have been better if it was served as it is like a gravy fully and some rice.

Suvarna - i liked her idea of peanut balls. I think Garima also liked the idea. Nothing worthy of a ticket to finale week as a celebration. No flaws in execution which was a plus.

NJ - he could have made something traditional. Bored of pasta, tart etc. nothing more is explored as international cuisine.

Gurki - yes out and out it was Deepinder’s dish. She was so cute when she said she can understand the pressure even though she is not the one competing now. Gurki did not even know the dish’s name & Deepinder was like I taught him so many times fir bhi yeh bhool gaya. I didn’t get the name too.
Priyanka - what did she make? Her kalonji based dish on the plate looked like ****.

Desserts-

I am done with fusion desserts like cheese cakes and cakes. there are so many regional desserts. Make something from among them. Thandai & Rasmalai cakes have been abused by bakers(amateur and professional bloggers). Even gujjia filling can be done in a different form than gujjia.

A bit fat P.S.

KDK’s dessert screamed classic Shivesh 😂😂 I didn’t even need to know who was behind the idea when i heard thandai cheesecake!

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: LuvAlways

What if he sneezes someday while sniffing the food😕

I was just saying this yesterday 🤣

My genuine doubt was isko room temperature food mein kya khushboo aati hai, ye thandi mithai but soongta hai 🤣

After the challenge is over, there is food photography and videography which they insert during the tasting sessions. That must be taking a while toh khana must be room temp by the time it reaches him. Itna soongne ka drama phir bhi 🤡

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: teddybearcastle

She had the audacity to yell at the sou chef. Sou chef is an actual chef & this lady is not even the title winner yet. What the hell. I would have walked out openly saying I am here to assist you. Stop jumping around like a monkey yelling at me. She did later but I would have done the moment Aruna started showing faces. I believe only Mc provides a platform to directly train w/o education to become a chef. The sou chef should have studied to become a chef and trained for atleast a few years now.

Man if only Aruna works in an actual kitchen and behaves like this...usse ek mahine tak saare bartan handiyan ghiswate. Chefs can be very difficult to work with. This woman clearly has an elitist attitude, and she forgot this isn't her car company or whatever.

Can't imagine how she treats her employees.

SlatePencil thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

I was just saying this yesterday 🤣

My genuine doubt was isko room temperature food mein kya khushboo aati hai, ye thandi mithai but soongta hai 🤣

After the challenge is over, there is food photography and videography which they insert during the tasting sessions. That must be taking a while toh khana must be room temp by the time it reaches him. Itna soongne ka drama phir bhi 🤡

May be it is his habit to bring the spoon near his nose 😆 spoon se khaana uthao aur munh ke saamne laane ki jagah naak ke saamne lao. BDW never heard him saying whether food smells good or bad then why this smelling exercise😆

HellOnFire thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

RB ne ek baar aur mumma bola na, I will.......stop watching this circus

HellOnFire thumbnail

Originally posted by: LuvAlways

May be it is his habit to bring the spoon near his nose smiley36 spoon se khaana uthao aur munh ke saamne laane ki jagah naak ke saamne lao. BDW never heard him saying whether food smells good or bad then why this smelling exercisesmiley36

Okay to be fair, some people do enjoy food from all senses, visuals, smells and taste. He often closes his eyes while tasting as well, to focus more on taste. I think I have seen Matt Preston (former judge MC aus) doing it sometimes but RB being RB, his antics are so OTT, sometimes I wanna smack him through the screen 😂

Edited by HellOnFire - 1 years ago
HellOnFire thumbnail

Okay last discussion from my side for today, hate for Garima Arora on twitter is vile, pretty much screaming misogyny because all she does is give no nonsense feedbacks, without any drama.

People are hating on her for what? Sorry for bringing other show but when Ashneer Grover could be hailed as second coming of jejus as a judge for being rude and outright offensive.....Garima may come out as rude sometimes (like hardly 1-2 time) which I also think she is following the script only but this kinda hate is so unwarranted. I feel bad for her.

Edited by HellOnFire - 1 years ago