Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kuchnaakahoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Again I didn’t much enjoy todays episode, but it was relatively better than yesterday. Yesterday was more about the guest chefs than their own contestants, today was a little better.

I think barring Gurkirat, all other contestants acting like head chefs. I absolutely loved when Aruna’s sous chef told her off. I personally thought Shanta and the chef were working in silos, but they came up with a winning menu.

Talking about the main dishes, none of them impressed me much. I think Suvarnas is the one I’d be most inclined to try, followed by Shantas. While Nayan had a lovely looking dish, we’ve seen enough pasta, and I’d liked to have seen something festive. Aruna’s puranpoli looked good (as much as I hate her and puranpoli both).

I think Shanta is smart, she chooses her dishes wisely. Her idea of making Krishna bhog was not brilliant, bonus was she could just serve it in earthen ware and not bother much about plating. It was beneficial when you have such limited time.

The desserts were pretty to look at, but we had pretty much the same thing from most chefs - malpua, rabri, thandai in different forms. I quite liked how Nayanjyoti and Gurkirats dishes looked. I did think Gurkirats waffle looked undercooked.

Honestly, I thought Ranveer’s crying was OTT. I saw no tears when they zoomed in, not even moist eyes. I’m livid that Aruna has been saved. Clearly, they’re back to praising her for simple things. It’s evident they’ve saved her yesterday.

Also, is it just me or did anyone else get annoyed when KDK spoke Punjabi when she came to present her dish? I mean it’s looking so obvious that she’s getting extra attention for being a Punjabi.

I think one of the two boys will win the ticket to finale. Aruna and KDK have already won the immunity pin, Shanta got a hamper today (which dishes of the day don’t get). This is what makes me think it’ll be one of the boys. I’d be happy if Shanta or Nayanjyoti win. They’re the most deserving of the 5.

[/QUOTE)

Edited by kuchnaakahoo - 1 years ago
Andakadipatta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I feel the contestants are so basic this season, if I had participated even I would've gone far I guess 😆 I mean I've been using malpua mix and making waffles out of them since such a long time. All these things are so basic and nowadays available locally. I saw the judges going gaga over someone's rasmalai cake acting as if it's such an innovation when it's available in literally every second bakery in most of the big cities.

And as a bengali myself, I'm pretty sure half of Priyanka's efforts at creating fusion bengali dishes are trash right from the concept stage itself. She is just a limited dessert chef and cannot make savoury. For her, making a fusion bengali dish is just adding gondhoraj lemon and paanch phoron to every dish. Go to calcutta and even small phuchka shops do these fusion dishes like gondhoraj phuchka, etc. There's such a lack of innovation that it's disappointing!

kuchnaakahoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

Suvarna too😳 didn't expect that😳

Hey is Suvarna eliminated from the show or just out of ticket to finale race ?

Andakadipatta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: kuchnaakahoo

Hey is Suvarna eliminated from the show or just out of ticket to finale race ?

Only out of the ticket to finale race. No eliminations this week so far.

teddybearcastle thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ananya3129

Garima, the 4 Michelin star holder is way behind Madam Priyanka the great chef of all the time 🤔🤪🤣

Garima gives a damn to these trolls. Like someone mentioned earlier she was here for publicity & she got it. Many Indians visit BKK. Many people from SEA also visit BKK. So if someone wants to splurge on Indian food, they know one now.

I had to remove the twitter link as it was not allowing me to quote the post while i tried to reply

1195620 thumbnail

Yeh lo, aaj ka special mention- Chef Aanal has my heart ❤️ 😂

1195620 thumbnail

Ek aur hai but just chef aanal blasting <3

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

Ek aur hai but just chef aanal blasting <3

Look at aruna's behaviour!!!

1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PilloWtalk_13

Look at aruna's behaviour!!!

She deflected a lot & her reasoning was that she was stressed out. She was clearly thinking for herself when Aanal clearly helped out especially in the ghevar part. When she said Aanal wasn't under pressure, I was like wtf 🤣 🤣