Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1195620 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: PilloWtalk_13

Today's episode (2-3-23)

Aruna is total dominating and kinda rude toward her co chef aanal! Aanal said" aruna is saying something to do now,again at the same time another thing"! Aruna actually talking like" chaloo ye karo, aaba ye karo" its rude man! Tumhari naukar nehi hain sab!

Priyanka and her chef- no good co ordination.priyanka is not happy with chef sanjana

Gurki is eventually doing nothing!

But they liked of course his dish!

Aruna looks all over the place. I was satisfied when Aanal yelled at her. ☺️Finally, trolling moments <3 XD
1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ananya3129

I just don't get it from where The great Chef of all time Madam Priyanka got all these supporters. She is good at desert and in all other challenges she is mediocre even a bad captain. Why these twitter people support her so much so that they troll everyone else.

Lol, she's limited as hell. The chef she got is also confusing lol.
1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MommaMomma

The judges praised the ghewar in Aruna 's dish calling it a professionally made ghewar which was actually made by the professional chef and not Aruna and them calling Suvarna's malpuas kaccha which was actually made by the head chef of Vikas's restaurant. Was so funny watching it.😆

+1. Gurkirat were literally doing nothing and were acting as sous chef.
teddybearcastle thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deltablues

Why is everyone shocked at this show is at least partially scripted? Lol

Why would endemol let three random chefs, no matter how reputed, have free reign on their show? Who really thinks xyz would bribe these chefs individually or collectively, and the producers wouldn't want a piece too?

They probably have pre-decided arcs for every contestant too. KDK is the mumma, Suvarna wants to be financially independent, Aruna, the rich, kitty party girl, is the queen. Gurki is the fickle one; Priyanka is the motormouth. Sachin is the dark horse.

If anyone is actually the fave, they are Shanta and Nayan. And rightly so. All of them give these two actual constructive criticism. I wouldn't be shocked if any of these two win the show and actually find an apprenticeship in any of their flagships

Almost all the shows are scripted be it serials or reality show. It will not have any consistency if it is not scripted. No free reign can be given to judges because end of the day it is not their money at stake. This show did not even make an effort to not look scripted after the initial episodes 😂

Aruna and Gurki have been on top in most of the challenges. The attention was being shifted to KDK briefly after Sony was getting popular on SM for the wrong reasons. This show has recorded enough footage to be played according to how the response is from audience. They go back to how they intended to play the footage originally after a few episodes.

Sony watches the SM space but don’t give a damn about such audiences. Had it been the case then it’s prime time serial after being called out heavily on SM should have shut down by now. It is still running strong. The audiences have changed, that’s it.

With all that being said win or no win if Nayan or Shanta receive an opportunity to work for the flagships it will be nice.

Priyanka is a one trick pony/ has been portrayed as one because she was/ is india’s top cake artist. So it is always dessert for her. Sachin will always remain the dark horse because he is smart. He can cook but based on how they show him in the show, the pendulum swings extreme to the right/ to the left.

The less said better about Aruna(i still cannot understand why she came to the show. the extra drama when asked to cook with an egg 🤦🏻‍♀️ She had the immunity pin. Simple thing was to give it off and be safe.) Now I am wondering if that was a TRP stint and was it scripted!

KDK, Gurki, Suvarna - all 3 are capable of cooking. How much strong they are only the judges will know.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

Aruna looks all over the place. I was satisfied when Aanal yelled at her. ☺️Finally, trolling moments <3 XD

Me to Aruna:

Kirron Kher Shut Up GIF - Kirron Kher Shut Up - Discover & Share GIFs

Me to Aanal:

Bollywood Actress GIF - Bollywood Actress Smile - Discover & Share GIFs

Me when Priyanka got out:

Waah, Kirron! GIF - Kirron Kher Arey Waah Greeting - Discover & Share GIFs

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Again I didn’t much enjoy todays episode, but it was relatively better than yesterday. Yesterday was more about the guest chefs than their own contestants, today was a little better.

I think barring Gurkirat, all other contestants acting like head chefs. I absolutely loved when Aruna’s sous chef told her off. I personally thought Shanta and the chef were working in silos, but they came up with a winning menu.

Talking about the main dishes, none of them impressed me much. I think Suvarnas is the one I’d be most inclined to try, followed by Shantas. While Nayan had a lovely looking dish, we’ve seen enough pasta, and I’d liked to have seen something festive. Aruna’s puranpoli looked good (as much as I hate her and puranpoli both).

I think Shanta is smart, she chooses her dishes wisely. Her idea of making Krishna bhog was not brilliant, bonus was she could just serve it in earthen ware and not bother much about plating. It was beneficial when you have such limited time.

The desserts were pretty to look at, but we had pretty much the same thing from most chefs - malpua, rabri, thandai in different forms. I quite liked how Nayanjyoti and Gurkirats dishes looked. I did think Gurkirats waffle looked undercooked.

Honestly, I thought Ranveer’s crying was OTT. I saw no tears when they zoomed in, not even moist eyes. I’m livid that Aruna has been saved. Clearly, they’re back to praising her for simple things. It’s evident they’ve saved her yesterday.

Also, is it just me or did anyone else get annoyed when KDK spoke Punjabi when she came to present her dish? I mean it’s looking so obvious that she’s getting extra attention for being a Punjabi.

I think one of the two boys will win the ticket to finale. Aruna and KDK have already won the immunity pin, Shanta got a hamper today (which dishes of the day don’t get). This is what makes me think it’ll be one of the boys. I’d be happy if Shanta or Nayanjyoti win. They’re the most deserving of the 5.

Andakadipatta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Also how wonderful and surprisingly diverse is the pallette of our country. You have two contestants from the same state Assam, at one home they cook mutton during Holi and in another home a complete Saatvic bhog. I was really happy initially when the show started because it looked like they were actually focussing on that- diverse pallette of the country given the choice of the contestants. Alas they turned half of the challenges into international cuisine.

Also despite all the problems and complains, have to give it to Sony for not milking the whole egg issue of Aruna to grab more eyeballs. The channel instead benefitted from Aruna promoting that on social media. I think the biggest change I see after the change of the channel is that the it is way more contemporary than before. I mean I don't think Star would openly show contestants using booze to make their food like they did this season.

Also I guess this might be the most successful season of Masterchef India so far. I read an article a few days back where the advertisement sponsors for the show have double folded (that's why we see so many sponsors) and the spokesperson from the channel mentioned that the show is a bigger hit digitally. I think that's the reason why the TRPs never go high since the audience is distributed between TV and digital. Also the massive amount of social media traction and articles. I think suddenly there's been a massive jump. There's literally an article every day on MCI and it keeps trending on twitter. As usual, Sony and their fantastic luck with non fiction property. Literally brought Masterchef India back from the dead and made it a hit show 😆

Also another funny thing I read that the TV and digital telecast has different sponsors lol they have 7 sponsors for TV and 5 sponsors for digital. Apparently there's a sponsor called Pushp masala which I've never seen since I watch it on Sonyliv.

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

- I knew Shanta will win the dish of the day as soon as she mentioned Krishna , Bhog and Varindavan

Shanta played religious card and won

- yes judges are biased towards Aruna , but it doesn’t make Priyanka any better chef . Priyanka’s PR is active on Twitter and publishing so many articles portraying her as a victim

Edited by TheRowdiest - 1 years ago
Andakadipatta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

It sucks that they didn't show Chef Marina much. Her kitchen That Thalaserry Girl serves the most amazing mallu food in Mumbai. She was the perfect sous chef for Shanta since she was attempting Sattvik food and Marina is a plant based chef so pretty sure the food was bomb!

1195620 thumbnail

Coming to today's episode-

~~~main course dishes

Nayanjyoti - I felt plating was fine but felt bit disconnected with this Indo-Italian fusion + Holi connection for the main course. Plating also could've been better to salvage out the main course. Seems like the palate cleansing agent like some cheese was missing.

Gurkirat- Technically, "Deepinder's dish" LOL. 😂 I do like the plate choice but the dish felt unidimensional color wise. Drooling over Deepinder was just so aggrandized, man! 🤦‍♀️ So much that she was the head chef for him.

Shanta- Dish was vibrant for the main course, though because a lot of my family is from Benaras, I'm familar with the concept thus wasn't much fazed. Khatta meetha pulao, bottle gourd kofta & tomato launji. She got a quite compatible chef. Quite calm & balmy.

Kdk- Sushi presentation was off, IMO. Nayan's tortellini is much better even if it wasn't the best dish. Makhni sauce looked so off. 😐 Rice was uncooked even after Kdk proclaimed it to be piping hot. 😂 When did Kdk not commit blunders, judges? LOL, Sachin gave her the apt idiom earlier in the season - rai ka pahad. 😆

Aruna- Clearly, it looked like mainly Aanal made the main course. Dish wasn't bad looking but I felt Dal chawal + muli salad was too modernized -- I'd rather kept it bit authentic & original. Mooli was uncooked. The overdose of all three judges praising her dish was indigestible like she's the judges' pet.

Swarna- Presentation wasn't the best. Peanut kofta was interesting. The salt usage was unnecessary IMO.

Priyanka- Platting had too many elements, I looked lost. 😂 Kalonji/paneer sauce was unappealing. 😒 Bitterness nailed her dish in the coffin. from the kalonji, panchphoran, and methi daana.

~~~~desserts

Nayanjyoti- The dessert was probably the best dish from him. Color presentation was nice. Rasmalai & thandai cake was interesting with white chocolate. I do feel it was bit over-sweetness and might eat 1-2 bites from a personal choice. Layering was interesting though.

Gurkirat- Gulkhand khoya cream looked interesting in the waffles & plating wasn't that bad. The green sauce splatter was nice. One splatter is enough, tbh.

Aruna- dish looked fine but pan rabdi wasn't impressive to me. Looked low in proportion thus more like a dry dessert & less of a palate cleanser.

Kdk- caramelized boondi was bit too much for me. Thandai cheesecake is already strongly flavored. Meethe tikde is also part of it. Dish is better presented though. Looks like there was a loss of texture like it turned powdery.

Priyanka- Dish looked poorly done. It seemed that the main taste was from strawberry.

Shanta- dish plating was nice & simple. The theme was consistent with the concept of earthy & satvik dish. Pan sherbet was nice & simple. Concept wasn't out of the box but she retained consistency of theme + was calm & composed.

Swarna- I wasn't impressed with the malpua dessert & plating --- like its hiding the dessert. Though it seemed like the anarsa was tasty, it seemed that the chashni was overcooked.