Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

teddybearcastle thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

Is it just me or were Gurki and Nayan given more screenspace yesterday? Maybe coz the other chefs and sou-chefs didn't have that much chemistry.

Was Gurki's sou-chef in MC before? She said it was great coming back.

I genuinely don't watch the start because of the overdramatic introduction. I just watch what the challenge is, the whole cooking thing (skip if anyone other than Nayan is speaking to camera) and then tasting of Nayan's dish and then go back and check out the tasting of the best dish.

High five ✋ I skip the entire intro. I know Amul, Fortune brand oils & Bosch are their partners along with Yas Island Abhudhabi. I don’t want to hear that again and again.

I go to the tasting part directly after knowing what the challenge is. I also FF when the judges talk a lot of nonsense not related to tasting like they did in the challenge that Aruna cooked poori & kaddu challenge. RB likes to talk. Why didn’t the script writers give him good lines to talk. His closing line is his own dialogue. He uses it a lot in his YT videos.

Originally posted by: MommaMomma

Also am I the only one here who absolutely hates the concept of using foam in food? I'm a visual eater and it looks like koi khaane mein thook ke chala gaya! 😆

I am laughing so hard after reading your last line. Thank God i didn’t have water in my mouth. Itna zor se hasi aayi ki I would have spit the water out.

Foam wala idea has been abused this season. Make a foam of anything and everything. How do people eat foam? I think it was Bhakti & Nikita’s time in MCI this foam thing was getting famous. I think Bhakti tried doing a foam with guava pulp after cooking it. It did not work. I don’t recall 100% and internet is not helping me.

I’d say confiscate the foam gun 😆 bahut ho gaya foam ka plate mein hona as an element.

Today's episode was enjoyable. Really liked the fact that they called some home grown chefs who are doing really good in their business today.

Starting with Chinu, she took me back to childhood days of MAD playing on Pogo every sunday 😆 Used to love watching Rob create masterpieces. Was very surprised when I read a few years ago that Chinu actually grew up to be a chef. And she is doing amazing work in Mumbai. She does catering for celebrities too like Anushka, Alia and Shahid. Her dishes are really nice but reels are annoying so I watch them on mute to check the recipe 😆

I found the chemistry between chef Sanjana and Priyanka a bit weird. I mean she came as a sous chef, I don't know why she made that remark when Priyanka asked her to make the cylinder. That's the basic point of the challenge. To make the best use of the experienced chef.

I gagged when they called Shivesh a baker and an author. His recipes are utter crap and results in possibily the worst cakes ever. Laughed so hard when KDK was unimpressed with his splattering skills 😆

Loool I don't blame Gurki for behaving the way he did. iykwim 😆😳 it was apparent the whole idea behind their menu was Depinder's . The starter was screaming classic Depinder. But I'm most surprised how clean her Hindi is despite born and brought up in Australia.

I absolutely loved Shanta's concept of presenting Saatvic Krishna Bhog as the menu. That chaat looked so yumm! As usual from the precap looks like Ranveer is crying after eating Shanta's dish so pretty sure she is winning the challenge tomo.

@bold - i recall someone trying his pistachio cake and asking what went wrong in a fb group for baking. It turned out unpalatable. That person tried only half qty of his recipe. So, that was a smart move from that person. There are so many bakers & cooks better than him but he is famous for some reason. It irks me that he is getting so much popularity.

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: teddybearcastle

I am laughing so hard after reading your last line. Thank God i didn’t have water in my mouth. Itna zor se hasi aayi ki I would have spit the water out.

Foam wala idea has been abused this season. Make a foam of anything and everything. How do people eat foam? I think it was Bhakti & Nikita’s time in MCI this foam thing was getting famous. I think Bhakti tried doing a foam with guava pulp after cooking it. It did not work. I don’t recall 100% and internet is not helping me.

I’d say confiscate the foam gun 😆 bahut ho gaya foam ka plate mein hona as an element.

You’re right. Bhakti struggled with making guava foam because she didn’t strain it and the dead were getting stuck in the foamer

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

I didn’t enjoy todays episode. Honestly the sous chefs were doing a lot of important work - like playing, conceptualizing dishes and in some cases behaving like the head chefs. Are we judging the guest chefs or the home cooks?

Talking about the sous chefs - I knew almost none of them barring Depinder and Chinu!

I agree, the chef with Priyanka was evil.

Also, I think it was decided who cooks with which sous chef. The judges called them out and they picked up chef hats in order and not randomly. Makes me believe they were paired like that intentionally.

Talking about their dishes -

1. Aruna - she made a cheese gujiya with chutneys and some edible diya like thing. She reminded me of Deepa with her story telling. Of course she can’t match Deepa’s level. A gujiya with cheese is nothing new. Nowadays you get everything with cheese! Of course listening to the negative comments for her dish was the highlight of the episode for me.

2. Shanta - I liked her concept of making satvik food, something that can be served as bhog to Krishna. She made a sweet potato chaat. I liked how she served it in earthen ware pots. Honestly I think chaats are always relished and if we talk of festivals, serving chaat is always a good idea.

3. Suvarna - she decided to serve gujiya like a Mille feuille and call it an open gujiya 🤣. To make it look appealing she added two fruit sauces to it. I agreed with the judges that a sweet starter is not what you expect and usually isn’t successful, as was the case today. If she was adamant on serving gujiya - she could’ve atleast made it khatta meetha.

4. Priyanka - I quite liked her thought. I’ve had vodka pani puri before and it’s not bad as a novelty item. Of course it can never replace actual pani puri. My guess is that if her puris were crunchy, it wouldn’t have been a bad dish.

5. Gurkirat - I was not particularly impressed with his dish, but it was a smart idea. This was a dish that needed very little prep, so they could’ve utilized some of this time to prepare for their main course and dessert. This is a dish I’d serve guests at home, but not in a competition. It just seemed to easy and simple, with almost no cooking needed.

6. Nayanjyoti - Again ceviche may be a good idea, but it didn’t go with the Holi theme. Though in his defence they were given a free hand to cook whatever they wanted. Actually what he made was an aguachile more than ceviche. Like Gurkirat, there was little to no cooking required in this dish.

7. Kamaldeep - she wanted to make palak patta chaat using kale. Should’ve just used palak ka patta. I see no reason to use kale. Kale is a lot more bitter than spinach. Anyway, the judges found her dish too oily.

What was Ranveer crying for in the precap? Are we watching some saas bahu drama? Itna over acting???

Although I must say, this week the judges haven’t gone ga ga over Aruna, but on the other hand they’re almost giving away recipes to KDK. That might be an exaggeration but they’re helping her out too much.

Looks like if they stop pampering one, they need to switch to another.

mumma ko jitana hai. not that other contestants are not mummas. they have been doing a lot of mumma mumma since 2 weeks
Andakadipatta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Kya faltu ka drama they did yesterday. All the chefs and contestants were pre decided.

https://twitter.com/fre_eSpirit/status/1631168713503440896?t=wi-6pANY4o7urvTAgldDRg&s=19

Also saw another chef's story where the contestants were discussing their dishes with the chef without any camera rolling around them. So even the 3 min discussion time was fake yesterday.

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail

Kya faltu ka drama they did yesterday. All the chefs and contestants were pre decided.

https://twitter.com/fre_eSpirit/status/1631168713503440896?t=wi-6pANY4o7urvTAgldDRg&s=19

Also saw another chef's story where the contestants were discussing their dishes with the chef without any camera rolling around them. So even the 3 min discussion time was fake yesterday.

I knew it😆 they choose dipinder for gurki,because he is their another fav. I mean seriously,they try to fool us where we are all reality show experts😆

reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I knew it yeh sab pre decided tha and 3 minutes kon decided kar sakta kya kya banana hai. Mujhe toh lagta hai not just this week but begining se yeh sab hota hai.

Originally posted by: naq5

mumma ko jitana hai. not that other contestants are not mummas. they have been doing a lot of mumma mumma since 2 weeks

The channel received backlash for Aruna. So Sony decided let us underplay Aruna little bit & promote someone else. Who can be the next one? KDK/ Gurki. It has been the trio who are promoted extensively. Sony’s fav - Aruna devi, KDK & Gurki - RB. 99% loyalty to KDK and if she does not do well compared to Gurki it is Gurki. Unsure if Gurki is actually Vikas’s fav. Read from earlier comments that Vikas asked him to impress the other judges during audition. Umm, now who is Garima’s fav - Suvarna/ Santa?

Gurki does not have anything special. He is single. Nothing extraordinary about him. No sob story too. Missing family is fine. No biggie.

Where as KDK - she is a mom whose children are taken care by their father/ relatives together if she is in a joint family. Who will cook them Korean, Chinese etc. How many days they’ll eat roti sabzi or parathas(stuffed/ plain). Phew 😥
Also pati(husband) se kitna din alag rahe gi. She cooks her best when she thinks of her hubby/ in his presence(family round) according to RB.

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

Is it just me or were Gurki and Nayan given more screenspace yesterday? Maybe coz the other chefs and sou-chefs didn't have that much chemistry.

Was Gurki's sou-chef in MC before? She said it was great coming back.

I genuinely don't watch the start because of the overdramatic introduction. I just watch what the challenge is, the whole cooking thing (skip if anyone other than Nayan is speaking to camera) and then tasting of Nayan's dish and then go back and check out the tasting of the best dish.

Gurkeraat’s sou-chef was in MasterChef Australia season 13. She was one of the favs at the start and won challenges or was in top mostly, but then she could not maintain it and got evicted in like top 8 or top 7. I watched every episode of that season so I remember 😆