MasterChef India S7- Daily Discussion Thread #2 - Page 27

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: reborn-re

No he wasn’t eliminated from the competition but out from the ticket to finale race which isn’t fair today Aruna and Gurkirat both had weak dish but they got second chance and no one was out from the race.

I’m surprised that the make the bias towards and against certain contestants so evident.
every reality show has some bias, but this time it’s extreme and they’re not even afraid of making it obvious

reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: SoniRita

100% agree with you Shreya.

KDK khel gayi. Santa good she chose savory for Priyanka.

So glad Nayan got 60 mins, that was best advantage Nayan got.

Tomorrow 2 elimination from ticket to finale, lets see who those 2 would be.

I was happy that Aruna didnt got good feedbacks today yay. Even Gurki also didnt got good feedback

I think to me Both KDK and Shanta played very well after all it’s a completion and that too ticket to finale. But Nayanjyoti was happy with the advantage he got but he was feeling awakened to cook alone in those 15 minutes.

teddybearcastle thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

I haven’t watched the episode yet, but from what I figure out is that Aruna or Gurkirat would’ve been eliminated in todays challenge and so they didn’t eliminate anyone.

This is so unfair. Just split that trophy into three and hand it to Aruna, KDK and Gurkirat

Such a good idea. Just be done with it. It will spare the viewers and the other contestants who genuinely want to win it and put efforts to win it.

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail

irritating🙄

Word Count: 1

Originally posted by: ananya3129

Twitter tag is a mess. Priyanka Priyanka laga rkha hai. Today was her time to shine and shut her critics up but she started complaining for getting savory. She thinks she is in a baking championship and her bhakts in Twitter think Michelin star holders are jealous of her 🤪

She could have baked something savoury. They have done pies in the past which was sweet. So a savoury pie? You could just fill a pie with anything. She uses eggs, so a savoury version of muffin is also a possibility. Keto breads. I am a noob at baking but i could think of so much. 45 minutes may not be sufficient but if she baked them in smaller portions i guess something could have been done.

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail

I only cook for my survival😆 still i can make better cupcake than gurkirat😆 his cupcake looks like a cupcake made by 5/6 year old kid who is just trying to make cupcake for the first time! Too kiddish,i mean in ticket to finale race it is just a joke!

Aruna's glass dessert! If i am not wrong i saw this thing made by her 2/3 times, ye glass wala dessert. This is also like kiddish thing.

No wonder,their fav duo made so meh dish so judges( channel) were help less!

Originally posted by: HellOnFire

They didn't eliminate anyone from race to ticket to finale coz all their favs had bottom tier dishes so....🤡✋

And KDK's advantage became infructuous. And when Shanta said if she had been in KDK's place, she would have atleast thought twice i was like 🔔(GHANTA, you got advantage, use it, it's a competition at the end of the day ffs)

Also Shanta gave savoury to Priyanka rest all of them were given to contestants as per advantage/they good at, made me feel some shanta - Priyanka beef going on?

Well they wanted to save KDK. Unsure if she needed to be saved. Again this would have not been there if someone else like Shanta/ Nayan had won dish of the day. Shanta’s advantage is so name sake. Nayan had a good advantage. Loved the judges for that ❤️

It would have been an interesting twist if the three top dishes of Monday had to compete with one another for one ticket to finale where they have to replicate a chef’s dish by blind tasting. Or whoever gets the max ingredients right by blind tasting gets the full time. Time decreases by 5 minutes for the next person & the third person gets 10 mins less. End of the challenge is to re-create the dish they tasted by looking at the dish. No recipe is given. It’ll be fun and challenging.

This challenge for ticket to finale is boring

1195620 thumbnail

Kdk looking at Gurkirat & Aruna was dumb but I'm glad she choose to reduce the time for all. Aruna's flabbergasted face expression was paisa vasool. LOL 😂

Shanta giving Priyanka savory was another good thing but Priyanka blabbering in the background was stupid and she easily admitted that she preferred to cook desserts and was planning to do so. Lol, she's limited.

I was wary of Aruna's dish lol 😂 because she's just limited to cooking with her comfort food but just naming it a dish from the Philippines. Gurkirat cooking eggless cake is not surprising me either + cribbing over loss of 15 minutes for a cake batter was annoying.

Dishes-

Nayanjyoti chose the veg paella route. I agree with @Raina101 since one of my closest colleagues is from Madrid & I never seen her paella with sausages in it. Unless Ranveer corrected to 'mixed' version, then I'll beg to differ with Ranveer. One thing that I appreciate Nayan was that he went the veg route this time. Veggies do look bit overcooked. Presentation looked a bit dull to be frank.

Shanta's dish of the eggplant rollatini sounds interesting but the outcome is neutral over the use of spice like kasuri methi since I was wary of over-flavoring from other spices to be frank. Marinara sauce looked bit clumsy. Kasuri methi dust was bit overdone.

Priyanka- Presentation was okay. I would've liked to see the bok choy core. Liquid had fat content dipping from the salad. Concept was nice but I think she needs to work on the presentation and stop boasting about her desserts reign when she's failed in the past at cooking some of desserts.

Gurkirat- Frosting presentation was not on par especially in such a limited time. Taste wise, it seemed so-so. Maybe add bit of masala onto the frosting.

Aruna-Lol, so just some fruits chopped on top of sabudhana kheer & rice balls? LOL 😂 🤣 seriously even an amateur can put some fruits on top of their puddings. 🤣

Swarna- Party platter seemed like from the past episode when the contestants made the party platters in the past. Choosing a middle eastern dish was a smart choice. Dip was pretty colorful and vibrant. Cous cous was simple with the black pepper. Hung curd was pretty simple & nice.

1195620 thumbnail
this is so overdone. Seriously, other judges don;t do it much. Also, Vikas speaks less and he speaks more. Sensing something weird
1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PilloWtalk_13

I only cook for my survival😆 still i can make better cupcake than gurkirat😆 his cupcake looks like a cupcake made by 5/6 year old kid who is just trying to make cupcake for the first time! Too kiddish,i mean in ticket to finale race it is just a joke!

Aruna's glass dessert! If i am not wrong i saw this thing made by her 2/3 times, ye glass wala dessert. This is also like kiddish thing.

No wonder,their fav duo made so meh dish so judges( channel) were help less!

Lol, aruna's plating is just so off. Lol, even an amateur cook can burn some food on gas stove partially and top it on top of their pudding. 🤣🤣Though the hungama that the appam stew dish stirred after getting into top 3, lmao. 🤣🤣